Any members of the old Make up Clique still around?

Which urban setting spray do yall use? I use all nighter and my makeup has held up through Florida heat and cma fest this summer.

I need a recommendation for a good, waterproof mascara. My favorite brand was discontinued and I have tried a lot of kinds but haven't found one that I love. If anyone has one that they love, I would love to hear about it.

My favorite brand was also discontinued years ago. Then I went through the usual panda/raccoon eyes or flakes everywhere, as one tries to find a mascara that works. I also wanted one that was waterproof but comes off easily when I want it to come off. That's kind of the antithesis of waterproof mascara. :rolleyes:

Several people here recommended TUBING mascara, specifically the Loreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. There are a few Loreal Double Extend mascaras, this is the one (below) in the red & white container with a wand enclosed at each end. Make sure the package says tubes.

You coat the lashes with the white wand. I think it is just wax. Before it hardens & dries, you coat the lashes with the dark color. This dries around the wax & lash into a a solid, long tube that doesn't flake or smear.

To wash off, wash with warm water which melts the wax and the tubes slide right off. The first time you wash your face and see all tubes in the bottom of the sink, it is scary & shocking. :eek: You think all your lashes have fallen off. :faint: Nope, it's just the tubes! After that you realize why your mascara will never flake, smudge or smear anymore. The tubes stay in one whole piece, even when they wash off. :thumbsup2 I even purposely wore it during a tearjerker movie, and they didn't fall off or raccoon. :thumbsup2

Some reviewers have stated tubing mascara is nice & long, but not thick enough. However, I have read that once the tubes are dry, some people go over the tubes with a coat of other brands of thicker waterproof mascara, This way, they get the wash-ability of the tubes sliding off easily when they wash them off, but have the thickness they desire from a different brand of mascara that is hard to remove.

300.JPG

Last edited:
The dior sample I got from Sephora, I wouldn't recommend that now as a good one unless you can find it in waterproof otherwise hello coon eyes!

Does anyone have recommendation for a good brush holder for traveling? I don't want to just throw my good brushes in a bag to go unless it's my only choice.

Mandy, I just use the long, thin, clear, zippered pencil pouches. I have one long enough for my longest brush and all my long handled brushes, and a second, shorter one for my shorter brushes. If I have to, I fold over the excess space of the case and secure the whole thing with a tight rubber band. This way, the brushes aren't loosely sliding around in the case and getting the hairs all jammed into the end of the case.

stpouch.jpg

Mandy, I just use the long, thin, clear, zippered pencil pouches. I have one long enough for my longest brush and all my long handled brushes, and a second, shorter one for my shorter brushes. If I have to, I fold over the excess space of the case and secure the whole thing with a tight rubber band. This way, the brushes aren't loosely sliding around in the case and getting the hairs all jammed into the end of the case.

stpouch.jpg

I'll look into that! It looks similar to school supplies I've seen I think.

I just started using Julep's Bare Face Cleansing Oil. Holy cow, it's amazing. You just rub it in, and it rinses clean with warm water. No tightness or dryness, no scrubbing, no film. It dissolves tough-to-remove makeup easily. It doesn't leave any residue, just really clean, soft skin. I don't think I could go back to a 'regular' cleanser.

I've read very little about cleansing oils. How does the OIL come off your face? :confused: I'd think you'd need something that would then be able to get the cleansing oil to rinse cleanly off your face without leaving a residue? :confused3

I'll look into that! It looks similar to school supplies I've seen I think.

::yes:: Back to school sales will be starting soon. When the cases get too banged up or the corners start getting holes, you can so easily replace them with a cheap new one. It's nice to know that the case is getting all banged up during traveling and not your brushes. :thumbsup2

::yes:: Back to school sales will be starting soon. When the cases get too banged up or the corners start getting holes, you can so easily replace them with a cheap new one. It's nice to know that the case is getting all banged up during traveling and not your brushes. :thumbsup2

Yep! I will look Tax free weekend. thank you.

What was the name of the lady who started the old one, I admired her she would take a lot of hate from other sites, but she never let nothing bother her, she posted as she wanted

What was the name of the lady who started the old one, I admired her she would take a lot of hate from other sites, but she never let nothing bother her, she posted as she wanted

It was either Bella the Ball or CathrynRose. I miss CathrynRose. :( She was definitely feisty! :thumbsup2

I'm looking for a good foundation. I feel like I've tried so many but still haven't had any luck finding one that will stay on all day. I have rosacea really bad so I need something that will cover that AND not melt off my face during the day. It honestly looks like I have no makeup on by the time I go home at 5. Any suggestions?

Have you tried Estee Lauder DoubleWear? It's my favorite of all the med/high coverage foundations (I've tried a lot of high end brands as well as drugstore brands). I wear DoubleWear Light as my usual - it has more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less than full-on foundation. Both stay put even in really humid weather. Love them!

I do not know if I mentioned this but I love the Laura Geller Lash Primer. It is black and can almost be used alone. I have to be careful when I use it with Tarte Gifted because my lashes look too long if you can believe that. Seriously and they are not clumpy but look sort of unnatural they get so long. I should say I do not have long lashed to begin with.

I do not know if I mentioned this but I love the Laura Geller Lash Primer. It is black and can almost be used alone. I have to be careful when I use it with Tarte Gifted because my lashes look too long if you can believe that. Seriously and they are not clumpy but look sort of unnatural they get so long. I should say I do not have long lashed to begin with.

I can! I have to be careful of certain mascaras because mine are naturally long and some do clump.

My favorite brand was also discontinued years ago. Then I went through the usual panda/raccoon eyes or flakes everywhere, as one tries to find a mascara that works. I also wanted one that was waterproof but comes off easily when I want it to come off. That's kind of the antithesis of waterproof mascara. :rolleyes:

Several people here recommended TUBING mascara, specifically the Loreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. There are a few Loreal Double Extend mascaras, this is the one (below) in the red & white container with a wand enclosed at each end. Make sure the package says tubes.

You coat the lashes with the white wand. I think it is just wax. Before it hardens & dries, you coat the lashes with the dark color. This dries around the wax & lash into a a solid, long tube that doesn't flake or smear.

To wash off, wash with warm water which melts the wax and the tubes slide right off. The first time you wash your face and see all tubes in the bottom of the sink, it is scary & shocking. :eek: You think all your lashes have fallen off. :faint: Nope, it's just the tubes! After that you realize why your mascara will never flake, smudge or smear anymore. The tubes stay in one whole piece, even when they wash off. :thumbsup2 I even purposely wore it during a tearjerker movie, and they didn't fall off or raccoon. :thumbsup2

Some reviewers have stated tubing mascara is nice & long, but not thick enough. However, I have read that once the tubes are dry, some people go over the tubes with a coat of other brands of thicker waterproof mascara, This way, they get the wash-ability of the tubes sliding off easily when they wash them off, but have the thickness they desire from a different brand of mascara that is hard to remove.

300.JPG
[/QUOTE

Thanks. I will try that one!

$5 is actually pretty awesome! I'll look into that one.

When I got home from work, the Walmart box had arrived! The summer box had: 1 full-size Vaseline Intensive Care healing serum, 1 sample size Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel, 1 sample size Burts Bees intensive firming serum, 1 sample of Simple micellar water (and a coupon for $2 off the full size that you can use anywhere!), a sample set of L'Oreal Total repair haircare (shampoo, conditioner, damage-erasing balm) and 1 full-size Revlon lipstick in Gladiolus.

Not too shabby as far as what I'm looking for, but YMMV, so figured I'd post before you ordered, just in case!

Let me know what you think! Sephora reviews have it up there with urban decay.

I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter