Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

So our last day to customize was this past Sunday. Monday, we received our official invite to test in the mail. Tuesday morning, we got an e-mail stating our bands were shipped. Then a few hours later, we got our bands. Wednesday, we got our e-mail invitation for testing... :thumbsup2

Who knew snail mail would beat out e-mail... :crazy2:

Thx. Still says "Guest already registered." Might try a new email address. Just don't want to mess up MDE.

That's the message I keep getting as well.
Does anyone know if at some point it just switches over to a reservation screen?

I've been getting Guest Already Registered for weeks, so I finally broke down and tried it with another email address. Got me into the system just like it did with the first problem email; I got to the "tell us what you're celebrating" screen, but the space where party members' names should be was blank, just like before. I knew clicking done would lead to the error, so I either tried cancel or home. Whichever it was, it came right back to the screen of death: guest already registered. As it didn't work with two accounts, I'm not really inclined to try it with a third.

Well...

We got our invitation for MB and FP+ today with the deadline to customize as 10/31. MDE says my deadline for customizing is 10/12, however.

I'm really surprised the letter came in time, but I'm glad I went ahead and set everything up a while ago. Seeing I had until 10/31 might have had me waiting (since I knew they wouldn't ship til then anyway) and I would have missed customizing!

I've been getting Guest Already Registered for weeks, so I finally broke down and tried it with another email address. Got me into the system just like it did with the first problem email; I got to the "tell us what you're celebrating" screen, but the space where party members' names should be was blank, just like before. I knew clicking done would lead to the error, so I either tried cancel or home. Whichever it was, it came right back to the screen of death: guest already registered. As it didn't work with two accounts, I'm not really inclined to try it with a third.

Same here. Guess it's just not meant to be for us! (though I haven't tried the new account yet) :confused3

Well... We got our invitation for MB and FP+ today with the deadline to customize as 10/31. MDE says my deadline for customizing is 10/12, however. I'm really surprised the letter came in time, but I'm glad I went ahead and set everything up a while ago. Seeing I had until 10/31 might have had me waiting (since I knew they wouldn't ship til then anyway) and I would have missed customizing!

We got the same letter today saying until 10/31 but MDE says 10/12... Silly Disney :)

Is it bad that I'm counting down the hours tonight for my magic band customization to close as this is a new milestone to get excited about?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well...

We got our invitation for MB and FP+ today with the deadline to customize as 10/31. MDE says my deadline for customizing is 10/12, however.

I'm really surprised the letter came in time, but I'm glad I went ahead and set everything up a while ago. Seeing I had until 10/31 might have had me waiting (since I knew they wouldn't ship til then anyway) and I would have missed customizing!

We got the same letter today saying until 10/31 but MDE says 10/12... Silly Disney :)

I think there's 2 different dates going on, one for using MDE and a different one if you're invited to test.

DH and I will be at POR Nov. 7-12. I started using MDE about a month ago. I had clicked a few different times on the Magic Bands but nothing would show up. One day, it did, saying I can customize my MB and start using FP+. So I did all off that, several times. In MDE, it said my bands had to be customized by October 6 or 7; they were shipped and I got them yesterday. Also, yesterday I got an email inviting me to test MyMagic+. In the email, it said I could customize my MB through October 27. If they aren't customized by then, you will get plain (gray) bands when you check in. I don't think they mail them at that point.

So what happens since I have the MB and FP+ and have also been invited to test MM+?

I am also extending my part of the trip (poor DH has to come home to work... to pay for my vacations) with 3 friends and moving to OKW Nov. 12-18. I have a completely different set of MB for that trip for the 4 of us.

Curious to see what happens...

I think there's 2 different dates going on, one for using MDE and a different one if you're invited to test.

DH and I will be at POR Nov. 7-12. I started using MDE about a month ago. I had clicked a few different times on the Magic Bands but nothing would show up. One day, it did, saying I can customize my MB and start using FP+. So I did all off that, several times. In MDE, it said my bands had to be customized by October 6 or 7; they were shipped and I got them yesterday. Also, yesterday I got an email inviting me to test MyMagic+. In the email, it said I could customize my MB through October 27. If they aren't customized by then, you will get plain (gray) bands when you check in. I don't think they mail them at that point.

So what happens since I have the MB and FP+ and have also been invited to test MM+?

I am also extending my part of the trip (poor DH has to come home to work... to pay for my vacations) with 3 friends and moving to OKW Nov. 12-18. I have a completely different set of MB for that trip for the 4 of us.

Curious to see what happens...

MB and FP+ are part of MM+ from my understanding. We have been using MDE for months. I'm pretty sure ever since the new section of the website opened up, we've been using it. I'm not really sure how people that weren't invited to use MB and FP+ could not use MDE, since you have to use it if you want to book ADR reservations. I don't think Disney is hosting and administrating two different sites, since that would be a horrible undertaking since having two different sites accessing the same database could be a potential nightmare. I just think Disney is sending those notifications out because not everyone knows to log into the Disney website every day and check MDE to see if they can customize MBs. Not everyone is a DIS-er of course. ;)

Same here. Guess it's just not meant to be for us! (though I haven't tried the new account yet) :confused3

Can you or someone else receiving this error post a screenshot of it? Just curious what it looks like.

I remember when we first logged in on the BoG FP, you needed to link your reservation to it before it would let you book it. This was a couple months ago at least though. I wonder if they've kind of blocked it for people after a certain date, like you had to log in and link your reservation before a certain date, like 9/15 or something, otherwise you can't anymore.

Joining this thread just now. I posted this in another thread, but wanted to post here since just yesterday (Oct 10) I received the MyMagic+ letter for my stay at the GF starting Nov 10.

They werent able to link my existing non-expiring ticket to my "My Reservations" page and therefore I can't make my FP+ selections until I am down at WDW :(

Here's what the tech support team sent me via email (after about an hour on the phone:

(note that I bought my nonexpiring 10-day MYW ticket from Undercover Tourist in February 2013, and then once I was at the park I added PH and Water Parks. It had 7 days left on it, and I'm making a 3-day trip)

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for your
patience as we work to bring the new and exciting products and services
of MyMagic+® to life at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Since your ticket was upgraded on your last visit, it actually has 3
numbers associated with it and is a composite of the Waterpark, Fun &
More option, No Expiration option and the Park Hopper option. You will
need to have concierge at your resort front desk or Guest Relations scan
or upgrade the ticket and then make your FastPass+ selections for you.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are just not able to move the
ticket in order to access the entitlements.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us."

I WAS able to link my MVMCP ticket and have 3 fastpasses for that day btwn 4 and 7. The other 2 days I was going to spend at Epcot and DHS I'll have to plan once I can talk to the Grand Floridian concierge or whoever will help me with that...

Oh well... either way, I'm going to Disney, so who can really complain?!
:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter