Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

I had a similar experience. It seems the system will not give you a FP+ option until at least 2 hours after your dining time.

That is not true I have:

12:25- Tusker House Lunch
1:05- 1:25 Festival of the Lion King FP+

Not sure if I will make my window but I couldn't push it later.

I was also offered fast pass time slots that directly overlapped an already scheduled ADR.

I made FP+ reservations yesterday and then had to switch several today, because they directly overlapped with meals we had scheduled (and yes, the meals were linked up on MDE). You're probably not able to get those times because others have taken them, not because of dining reservations.

Yes, and it told me I had an overlapping 'event' too but it still allowed me to pick the time I wanted.

I'm going in Nov. We are staying at OKW on my FIL DVC points. I've linked all our tickets and reservations. I did online check in also. I see where I can do fast pass+ but not customize bands. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Is it because we are staying at OKW using DVC points? Also will the old fast pass system be in place still? I'm imagining so since this doesn't seem to be a full roll out.

TIA

I had a similar experience. It seems the system will not give you a FP+ option until at least 2 hours after your dining time.

That is not true I have:

We have an 8 AM ADR at Tusker House and I was able to schedule FP+ for the safari starting at 9:20. Now I know we'll already be near the safari and the park opens at 9 that day, but I liked knowing that we didn't have to rush at breakfast to make the safari.

What resort are you staying at? We are at WL on Nov 30th and haven't been able to customize MB's yet. :sad1:

I don't think you can pick fp+ until it is 60 days out. And you have to have tickets, too.

We are staying at Beach Club. Today was the first day we were able to do MB.

I'm going in Nov. We are staying at OKW on my FIL DVC points. I've linked all our tickets and reservations. I did online check in also. I see where I can do fast pass+ but not customize bands. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Is it because we are staying at OKW using DVC points? Also will the old fast pass system be in place still? I'm imagining so since this doesn't seem to be a full roll out.

TIA

I had the same situation (booked on points at OKW and everything was linked correctly) and problem (couldn't customize).

I would try:

go to mydisneyreservation.com and do the online check in through there for each separate reservation.

Then log back into My Disney Experience and see if the personalize Magic Bands comes up. This worked most the time. One time I had to go back to mydisneyreservation.com and change the check in time by a half hour and complete login and then it worked. I think it just wanted me to modify something for some reason!

Hope this helps you!

That is not true I have:

Not to butt in, but if your experience is like ours at TH, you will not make the show. We waited at least 20-25 min just to be seated and our ressie was right around the same time as yours.

Not to butt in, but if your experience is like ours at TH, you will not make the show. We waited at least 20-25 min just to be seated and our ressie was right around the same time as yours.

Thanks I appreciate that insight. The FP+ thing is really not all that flexible. If you try to move times around it ends up taking away some of the attractions you want to do and saying they are not available. Our must do is the Safari and we have that at a good time and Nemo is at a good time too. We can take or leave the Lion King, 1 daughter hated it and the other loved it. But we did it before and I don't need a meltdown, so might not bother with it. However, if we really wanted it there is no way to work it in the schedule....

I had the same situation (booked on points at OKW and everything was linked correctly) and problem (couldn't customize). I would try: go to mydisneyreservation.com and do the online check in through there for each separate reservation. Then log back into My Disney Experience and see if the personalize Magic Bands comes up. This worked most the time. One time I had to go back to mydisneyreservation.com and change the check in time by a half hour and complete login and then it worked. I think it just wanted me to modify something for some reason! Hope this helps you!

Got it! Thanks

Now customizing is just picking a color and fast passes? I don't want to miss anything. Can I change fast pass+ reservations after the deadline to customize? And does it cost extra for bands? Do different colors cost extra? Or is that just the accessories in the store?

Got it! Thanks

Now customizing is just picking a color and fast passes? I don't want to miss anything. Can I change fast pass+ reservations after the deadline to customize? And does it cost extra for bands? Do different colors cost extra? Or is that just the accessories in the store?

You customize with color choice and name. Fast pass+ can be changed anytime even after the deadline to customize. A perk of fast pass + is supposed to be that you can change your fast pass times(if time window is still avalible) while in the parks on the day off if you want to make touring easier. No extra cost for bands or extra cost for colors. You can pay extra for accessories once you are there.

Got it! Thanks

Customizing is picking a color and the name that will be imprinted on it.

You can change fp+ reservations as much as you want until you use them. Except if you start using them in one park you can't change the rest of your reservations to another park.

No extra for bands that you are getting, color choices are included. There are extra accessories at Disney World you can add when you get there.

All of this is my understanding, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

That is not true I have:

Interesting. I will have to see if I can move mine. It will not take us two hours to eat at the Plaza.

You're probably not able to get those times because others have taken them, not because of dining reservations.

No, these were made when the system was not yet wide open. There was (and still is) plenty of availability. I'm going to go explore a bit more. :)

Nov. 30 We have 1 night reserved at Art of Animation.

Dec. 1-7 We will be staying at Saratoga Springs, on points.

I was able to customize our Magic Bands today, but not able to make a FastPass+ Selection. From everything I'm reading here that seems normal, because we are not at the 60 day mark yet.

Our Park Tickets are DVC Premium AP Certificates at this point. Do we take our certificates to any park Guest Relations to activate them (or DownTown Disney)? Also, I'm guessing we need to have our MB's with us, right?

I feel like such a newbie! It's fun! :)

Show up early and when seated be ready to order and let your server know your schedule is tight.

This is making me think about hundreds of people
- showing up late for ADRs because a ride line was longer than expected
- getting upset when they realize their meal is later than the ADR time and they are going to miss a FP

Putting everyone on a schedule like this is going to generate some "vacation stress" when it doesn't work quite right.

Has anyone been able to get a BOG lunch reservation for Nov. 26? Our trip is Nov. 19-26 and we want one for the 26th. We can only get Nov. 19-25 to show up.

Thats the week Im there and I cant get a FP+ reservation for BOG any time that week. Everyday I click on it tells me no fastpasses are available.

So now it will be interesting to see if us November folks can use regular fast pass in addition to FP+. To my knowledge, so far everyone has been able to that has had FP+ but I'm curious as to when they will discontinue that. Frankly, if I can get regular fast passes too, that will influence some of my FP+ ressies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter