Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

I had the same issue until I paid off the total balance of my trip.

Thanks HHMcG - so pay off prior to the 45 day mark so that IF the MBs and FP+s come available for Nov check ins, I'll be able to book them asap? I'm 66 days out now. I'll be honest I wish Disney would just tell us what the heck is happening with the MB and FP+. The not knowing is killing me. I'd actually prefer the old FP system but if everyone is using FP+, I want to be in too!

We Paid in Full...have our tickets linked.

Wondering if we need to actually HAVE the MBs in hand- via the mail- to book our FPs online for our Nov. trip. Does anyone have their actual MBs in hand for November yet? Will we be able to book without having them in our possession yet?:confused3

We Paid in Full...have our tickets linked.

Wondering if we need to actually HAVE the MBs in hand- via the mail- to book our FPs online for our Nov. trip. Does anyone have their actual MBs in hand for November yet? Will we be able to book without having them in our possession yet?:confused3

Once your reservation is eligible for MyMagic+ (MagicBands & FastPass+), you will be able to make FP+ selections as long as you have park admission linked to MDE.

I have a room only reservation at POR Nov. 15-23. I haven't bought tickets yet since they are non-refundable and I wanted to wait as long as possible before purchasing - in fact until I get there if we don't get MB & FP+ for November. If I purchase them online, do I have to wait for the actual tickets to arrive to link them or will I get a number for them as soon as I've ordered them?

I'm 61 days out and trying to sort this stuff out. I booked a package which included room, tickets and free dining. When I log into MDE and click on my reservations under tickets and passes it says 7 day ticket with park hopping assigned to and my name. It says the same thing for the tickets for my DW, DD and DS. I have not yet paid in full for the trip. If MB and FP+ opens for november will I be able to make FP+ or will I still need to link tickets? I bought as a package and they don't mail paper tickets anymore so I don't have any. This is on the computer. When I look on the app on my phone it shows the resort and my dining reservations but not tickets. Is there something I need to do before I will be able to make FP+? I want to be able to schedule my FP+ as soon as I can since I figure it will difficult to get what I want Thanksgiving week.

I'm 61 days out and trying to sort this stuff out. I booked a package which included room, tickets and free dining. When I log into MDE and click on my reservations under tickets and passes it says 7 day ticket with park hopping assigned to and my name. It says the same thing for the tickets for my DW, DD and DS. I have not yet paid in full for the trip. If MB and FP+ opens for november will I be able to make FP+ or will I still need to link tickets? I bought as a package and they don't mail paper tickets anymore so I don't have any. This is on the computer. When I look on the app on my phone it shows the resort and my dining reservations but not tickets. Is there something I need to do before I will be able to make FP+? I want to be able to schedule my FP+ as soon as I can since I figure it will difficult to get what I want Thanksgiving week.

Since you have a package that includes tickets, you will be able to make FastPass+ selections once your reservation is eligible. Linking the package to MDE also linked your tickets, so you don't need to link them separately.

Yeah...I was hoping for today too. I check in on the 2nd to AoA and nothing so far.

I am starting to get discouraged. Maybe they really are discontinuing testing for November.

The CM that helped me fix an MDE login issue this morning told me that last month, the October arrivals got invited to participate in MagicBands and FP+ at 17-20 days prior to arrival. She added, however, that for my 11/13 arrival, "maybe the whole system will be live by then." She also added that she and her fellow IT CMs have received no direction or guidance from superiors as to what Disney's actual plan is. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for November MBs and FP+s, but you never know . . .

I hope I can get some help with BOG lunch. I click on the link and have entered my email and password. Then it takes me to a page asking for the reservation ID at that page I enter our RO reservation number- all 12 digits starting with 4- and I get
"Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your reservation details"

I have reentered our reservation number about 10 times and the name on the reservation is correct. I have even entered my husband instead and still the same response.
Can anyone help me??? :confused3
I am a bit down about the whole thing since I can't customize my bands and my UT ticket problem hasn't been resolved.... not feeling the love from Disney :worried:

I'm having a really hard time with all of this. :(

I have had no luck using the BOG lunch link. I either get the "Guest is already registered" or "please try again later." I have my 12-digit numbers only reservation, I've tried with both my name and my friend's name, I've changed my password, made three different accounts... nothing. Any suggestions?

And about the Magic Bands and FP+... am I reading correctly that you have to have linked park tickets to even be considered for this?? :confused3

We're 39 days out and checked in. We arrive November 1st and are staying at ASSp (checkout 11/10). (Which may be part of the problem... I feel like it's the redheaded stepchild of the resorts.) The biggest thing I'm concerned about is that we won't be buying park tickets at all since we'll have cast member passes. We have a valid room reservation (albeit with a cast member discount), and a ton of ADRs, but no park tickets. Are we totally out luck for all of this?? It's obviously amazing to have those cast member perks, but I will be so bummed if we can't do FP+ for anything!

I read on another forum (can't find it now...) that someone called in to Disney regarding their Photopass and MBs for their November trip and the CM had stated to look out for access starting Sept 30th...

Take it with a grain of salt...

Deep breath!...and let's dig in!... :)

I have had no luck using the BOG lunch link. I either get the "Guest is already registered" or "please try again later." I have my 12-digit numbers only reservation, I've tried with both my name and my friend's name, I've changed my password, made three different accounts... nothing. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. I called IT and they were unable to help me. I don't know why we are unable to book but it seems unfixable at this point. Keep trying though. You never know if/when things might change.

And about the Magic Bands and FP+... am I reading correctly that you have to have linked park tickets to even be considered for this?? :confused3

You do not need to have tickets for Magic Bands. You do need to have tickets linked for FP+ selections. It makes sense since you will be using those FP+s in the parks. Once you link tickets you will be able to make FP+ selections for the amount of days for which you have admission.

We're 39 days out and checked in. We arrive November 1st and are staying at ASSp (checkout 11/10). (Which may be part of the problem... I feel like it's the redheaded stepchild of the resorts.) The biggest thing I'm concerned about is that we won't be buying park tickets at all since we'll have cast member passes. We have a valid room reservation (albeit with a cast member discount), and a ton of ADRs, but no park tickets. Are we totally out luck for all of this?? It's obviously amazing to have those cast member perks, but I will be so bummed if we can't do FP+ for anything!

Nope, it has nothing to do with All Star Sports. The system has not been made available to those of us with November check ins yet. Once the system is full rolled out you will be able to do all of this at 60 days out. During the testing phase, however, they have been opening things up month by month. Currently only those with check ins on or before 10/31 have access to the system. Those of us checking in in November should hear something soon. Keep checking your MDE account and this board so you know when you can proceed with customization and FP+ selection.

Hope that helped! :)

I've been following this page like CRAZY for a few days now. Here is my take...I'm totally NEW at all this but here goes:
1. No clue why you can't get BOG lunch. I am also staying at All Star Sports and booked BOG lunch no problem for November. SOME are saying that it's random and some people are lucky and CAN book BoG while others are not so lucky and it has nothing to do with resort location. (red headed or not ;) the name should be the name you used to register for MDE. I used my first and last name. Nothing else. no initial etc.

2. You have to have linked tickets to your MDE account to do FP+. I am not aware of any other way to do it. (not sure what a cast member pass is but it sounds AMAZING!:yay:) I'd bet your benefits far outway anything FP+ can provide. (and you are VERY Likely to still be able to use FP-. As of right now- Nov. check ins can't do anything with FP+ anyway. Maybe you can call DW and see if there is anything you can do with your cast passes.:confused3

I read on another forum (can't find it now...) that someone called in to Disney regarding their Photopass and MBs for their November trip and the CM had stated to look out for access starting Sept 30th...

Take it with a grain of salt...

-fingers crossed-

Asmit & MouseMom, thank you!

There was some confusion with the names on our resort reservation, so I was sort of hoping that that's the issue. (My friend/cotraveler's brother is the cast member. He won't be staying with us but he made the reservation so we could get a discount... he didn't know my last name so he used my first name with their last name when he booked the resort. It's been a real headache to try to figure out Magical Express for myself because of this, especially because I set up a MDE account with my real last name. To complicated things more, my friend and I have different addresses in different states. For some reason Disney seems to have a really hard time with the concept of adult friends vacationing together who don't live together! I've talked to a few different cast members and they've all struggled with this. So weird. We can't possibly be the first set of friends-with-different-addresses to take a Disney vacation, right?)

The cast member passes are exactly what they sound like. :) Disney employees get a certain number of free tickets for friends & family, and they also can get up to three other people in if they're present at the gate. My friend's brother is a chef at Epcot, so we'll plan to meet him at the front of the park on our Epcot days (of which there are a few since we'll be there for FAWF), and use his paper passes for our other park days. We're getting into the parks for free, so obviously that's an amazing perk that trumps everything else, but the Disney & technology nerd in me is kind of miffed that I won't get to try the whole new experience of FP+! (Incidentally... it's a little strange to me that linked tickets are required since the tickets aren't park-day-specific. Shouldn't 9 nights at an on-property resort suggest that we'll be visiting the parks?? I think if you can make in-park ADRs without linked tickets that you should also be able to make in-park FP+ reservations. But that's just me.)

Sooooo hard to wait!!!

I thought today it would have opened! Looking at other threads everything for oct. opened up on or before aug. 22nd
Why. Disney why?

We are checking in 11/1 :woohoo: Can't wait! We are about to buy our tickets and always use Undercover Tourist, but after reading through this thread I am wondering if I should just suck it up and pay a little extra to buy them through Disney to be sure there are no glitches with linking them. We really want to use the Magic Bands and Fast Pass + if it's available for our dates. What do you guys think???

Thanks! ;)

(Incidentally... it's a little strange to me that linked tickets are required since the tickets aren't park-day-specific. Shouldn't 9 nights at an on-property resort suggest that we'll be visiting the parks?? I think if you can make in-park ADRs without linked tickets that you should also be able to make in-park FP+ reservations. But that's just me.)

Not everyone staying at a Disney resort visits the parks. There are lots of people who visit just for the resort experience.

Eventually they will have FP+ options for off-site/local/day guests and guests using CM passes but right now those aren't options. They are starting to test those systems now but there is no word on when they will be up and running. Remember, this is all still in test phase. While it stinks that the option won't be there for this trip it will be there eventually. This is a huge project for Disney and they need to roll it out in stages. That means that not every guest will have access to every component during their trip but it is the way it has to be.

Hope you have a great trip!

We are checking in 11/1 :woohoo: Can't wait! We are about to buy our tickets and always use Undercover Tourist, but after reading through this thread I am wondering if I should just suck it up and pay a little extra to buy them through Disney to be sure there are no glitches with linking them. We really want to use the Magic Bands and Fast Pass + if it's available for our dates. What do you guys think???

Thanks! ;)

With all the difficulties everyone has been having, I would just buy from Disney personally. It really isn't a huge savings when buying from UT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter