• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

Thats how I picked my parks too. We're not doing MVMCP either - I just can't justify the cost for our party of 7 people. However we are staying at the Fort in our motorhome - so if you come over feel free to say Hi! We'll probably cross each other in the parks those days several times :D

What day do you leave? We're doing AK on the 17th, DHS on the 18th, and checking out the 19th.

Our dates are November 10-17. We're doing a room only reservation on the 10th then switching to POR on the 11th. and staying till the 17th. My sister is camping at fort wilderness the week before and leaving on the 11th so we got reservations for the dessert party to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday.We're doing mk on the 11th because the crowds will be low due to the party that night so we have a ress the the trails end for dinner at 6:30. I think everyone needs to wear some sort of lime green Mickey so we know the dis family.

Thats how I picked my parks too. We're not doing MVMCP either - I just can't justify the cost for our party of 7 people. However we are staying at the Fort in our motorhome - so if you come over feel free to say Hi! We'll probably cross each other in the parks those days several times :D

What day do you leave? We're doing AK on the 17th, DHS on the 18th, and checking out the 19th.

Me too! I couldn't justify spending that kind of money for 5 of us when chances are the kids would be melting down by 8:30. And my first 3 park days are the same as your last 3. I guess I really have to get started making my LGMH. Sounds like I'll be crossing paths with a few DIS'ers. :)

A bit of weirdness today: Now when I log in to MDE and click on FP+ for the first time it shows not one bit two sets of dates! The top row is the next five days. The bottom row is November 19-23. Then the second row disappears and the screen is overlaid with the standard "no none is you party.....". Any subsequent attempts simply lead to the FP+ info screen. My dates of travel are Nov 3-12, so the second row of dates have nothing to do with my trip. Weird!

Well, I just went and checked my MDE page. I WAS seeing seeing exactly what you describe above.Have been since I was 60 days out (I am now 52 days out).But tonite when I click on Fast Pass+, I see this again :

Are You Ready for a New Kind of Magic?
Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Create your Family & Friends list and link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year.

Connect to Your Family & Friends
Link Your Disney Resort Reservation and Theme Park Tickets
If you’re not participating in the MyMagic+ test, you can still enjoy the existing FASTPASS service.

Learn More About FastPass+

UGH!

Well, I just went and checked my MDE page. I WAS seeing seeing exactly what you describe above.Have been since I was 60 days out (I am now 52 days out).But tonite when I click on Fast Pass+, I see this again :

Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Create your Family & Friends list and link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year.

If you’re not participating in the MyMagic+ test, you can still enjoy the existing FASTPASS service.

UGH!

Well, at least you know what it looks like for when it does show up?! Notice I'm being positive there. :)

I got that Nov 19-23 row as well.

We leave on the 20th, so I'm hoping there's nothing to those dates.

Our dates are November 10-17. We're doing a room only reservation on the 10th then switching to POR on the 11th. and staying till the 17th. My sister is camping at fort wilderness the week before and leaving on the 11th so we got reservations for the dessert party to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday.We're doing mk on the 11th because the crowds will be low due to the party that night so we have a ress the the trails end for dinner at 6:30. I think everyone needs to wear some sort of lime green Mickey so we know the dis family.

We'll be there at the Fort on the 11th - we don't have a park booked that day - we're just gonna kind of explore and wander. I'll be seeing you around!

MDE looks different for me today. Still no option to customize magic bands but when I click on make FP+ selections it gve me the screen that the dates were not able to be selected for my party. Crossing fingers that it means we will get something soon. We are 64 days out right now.

Which resort will you be staying at?

***Edit*** Can I ask that you all report which resort you are staying at, or at least if your resort was part of the testing in OCtober? Also, if you already have magic bands from an earlier stay, can you please say so? It's getting more confusing with the different permutations.

***Edit*** Can I ask that you all report which resort you are staying at, or at least if your resort was part of the testing in OCtober? Also, if you already have magic bands from an earlier stay, can you please say so? It's getting more confusing with the different permutations.

WL 11/02-11/07 no MB, no FP+, yet.:scared:

If they do pause testing for November and December for new testers and do a full rollout January 1st, I'm wondering how many people going in November and December will do a ghost POP reservation in October for 1 night in order to have the MagicBands shipped to them before testing ends. I have read that if you already have a MagicBand from a testing period, then those bands can (and people are already doing this) be used again for booking FP+ reservations for check-ins in November.

Fort Wilderness Campground - 11/11-11/17 - previous magic bands which HAVE allowed me to choose FP+ for this stay as well.

Fort Wilderness Campground - 11/11-11/17 - previous magic bands which HAVE allowed me to choose FP+ for this stay as well.

So as long as you have a Magic Band you can reserve Fast Pass+ for stays at any Disney property, regardless of whether testing pauses or continues. Dropping $100 for a one night POP stay is sounding like a better idea all the time. But what about canceling the POP reservation after receiving the bands? Hmmm...

So as long as you have a Magic Band you can reserve Fast Pass+ for stays at any Disney property, regardless of whether testing pauses or continues. Dropping $100 for a one night POP stay is sounding like a better idea all the time. But what about canceling the POP reservation after receiving the bands? Hmmm...

I'm very interested in this plan as well. The Magic Bands are designed to be reusable, so once you have one, I doubt they'd render it invalid/unusable forever due to a cancellation. And ostensibly, since you'd be making a room-only reservation, you'd get a full refund for the POP night you booked. Having the actual band issued to you seems to be the most important factor; once you've got it in your possession and it's in the system, I think you're good to go. I'd love to have some solid confirmation of the theory from anyone with more insight or firsthand experience, though.

Staying at Pop starting 11/1. So 50 days out today. No FP+ or MB. :(

Trying to stay positive though. I don't see why they would discontinue at Pop since they survived the summer crowds. Are the holiday crowds really that much worse?

There was much discussion on the September FP+ invite thread as to whether the ghost reservation would work when cancelled. It was confirmed by multiple people that it did in fact work and they were able to select FP+ for their trip provided the ghost reservation was prior to their trip dates. Some said they lost the ability to change FP+ selections via the MDX website after cancelling the ressie but were still able to make changes via the app. If you look back on the the thread maybe 3-4 weeks ago I think that is when the discussions began.

Depending on the resort, the bands also worked as a room key.

UGH!

I've had that message pop up also for a while and I thought it was because I have a RO reservation since I did link my Family & Friends.

Waiting for my tix from UT and fingers crossed that once I link the tickets the message will change. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter