• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

we go 28th Nov to POFQ and I was really looking forward to the MB and FP+ Think it sounds like a great idea for us as we don't do any of the scary rides, so don't really use loads of faspasses and being able to do FP+ for the rides we want would be good.

I'm really bummed I thought for sure since the resort I am staying at has not been in the MB "testing" as of yet (BWI) I'd have a shot since we are going in November and now rumors say no :sad2:

Oh well on a positive note 2 months from right now I will be flying to WDW :banana:

This new info is very confusing. :confused3 I have read posts that state that people staying end of Oct into Nov have ordered MBs and have reserved FP times. If they aren't utilizing FP+ in November then why would the system allow them to go into the month of November? I would think that the entire month would be blocked out. I can see people who have vacations that start in Oct be able to test it but once they put in a Nov date it would say "Sorry your dates are out of range" or something like that.
This whole thing has made me a mess :headache:

I am one of those people. Our MBs are ordered and I am working on the FP+ this morning.

There is an interesting article on another site this morning about the future of FP use altogether. It is an interesting read and brings up lots of speculation! (the DIS won't allow me to post the name of the site)

I agree! We'll be there Thanksgiving week also. It's busy but manageable. If half the guests have FP+ access and we don't, I'm concerned we'll be at a disadvantage.

We think the system will be a nice plus, enabling those in our group who don't want to go to rope drop to still enjoy rides later in the day together.

Hey! Have you been snooping about inside my brain? Hahahaha! :rotfl: These are exactly my thoughts, I feel there is only so far they can take testing without it becoming a disadvantage to onsite guests who are not selected. Luckily I have 4 'free' days planned on Thanksgiving week so we will only be in parks Monday, Tuesday and Sunday as we want to avoid the super massive crowds but I can't imagine the possible chaos if they are still testing on this week and something goes wrong due to the higher amount of guests and pressure on the system. Wow! I'm sounding like a total negative Nancy, I don't mean to though, it's just something that crossed my mind. What will be will be and I will be in Disney!!!! Nothing is going to bring me down from that high!! (well, except the flight home, that will deflate me big time!!)

So, has anyone checking in November 1st or later been able to customize and order yet? Im really hoping these rumors aren't true!

I didn't read that anywhere, but a CM on the phone told me that most of the resorts would be added to the MB system by November. No idea if she knew what she was talking about, but I had called about something else and she went out of her way to ask me if I knew all about the new technology that Disney was rolling out and she wanted to make sure that I had logged into MDE and downloaded the app to my phone.

There is no way they are going to get completely rid of the regular fastpass system before the holidays though, it would be chaos.

I know to take any information given by a CM with a pinch of salt but I too have been told this on now 3 occassions. The first 2 times the CMs asked if I had heard of the MDE site and mobile app and told me to be sure to log on closer to my holiday as there was an 'exciting new technology' that would be in operation when I visited and just a few days ago when I called about a mistake I had made on a dining reservation the CM asked again and I told him I knew about it and he was then telling me that all onsite guests would be getting Magic Bands by the end of October and to watch the site/app so I could chose the colours I wanted and get my FP+ reserved. As said above I have taken this with a pinch of salt but I do feel the intention is to get the system rolled out to all onsite guests during October, if it actually happens or not is another story.

we go 28th Nov to POFQ and I was really looking forward to the MB and FP+ Think it sounds like a great idea for us as we don't do any of the scary rides, so don't really use loads of faspasses and being able to do FP+ for the rides we want would be good.

So, has anyone checking in November 1st or later been able to customize and order yet? Im really hoping these rumors aren't true!

We are staying at BLT checking in November 1st and VGF checking in November 2nd. I have checked in online at both resorts and cannot get magicbands or fastpass+ yet. Someone else reported on here that they didn't have the options either and they are staying at Pop checking in on November 1st.

There is an interesting article on another site this morning about the future of FP use altogether. It is an interesting read and brings up lots of speculation! (the DIS won't allow me to post the name of the site)

What is the article saying?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When I sign in to MDE I can see my tickets and my husbands...but not my daughters...should I be concerned and call IT???

We booked through Disney and everything else I have booked shows up.

Also, I "manage" the family...so I will be able to book all the FP+ things (assuming I get the chance to)...or do I need to link/invite them?

I don't feel like the directions are very clear.

Is there a place that explains/details all the FP+ options?

TIA for any help :)
Bridget

We are staying at BLT checking in November 1st and VGF checking in November 2nd. I have checked in online at both resorts and cannot get magicbands or fastpass+ yet. Someone else reported on here that they didn't have the options either and they are staying at Pop checking in on November 1st.

Just did the Online Checkin this morning (Arriving Nov 2). We also don't have any options for MB or FP+ yet.....fingers crossed :)

What is the article saying?

REMEMBER.... it is a rumor. It is speculating that paper FPs will be available only to resort guests in the near future. People staying offsite and (I suppose) those who live locally will not be able to utilize this perk anymore.

It certainly would make a lot of sense if Disney wanted to fill all their resorts!

Why???

Anyone know why...when I go under "Magic Bands and Cards"...it appears that DH has a Key to the World...and DD and I have a different color icon that doesn't give a "type".

Confused!

Bridget

brsirak said:
Why???

Anyone know why...when I go under "Magic Bands and Cards"...it appears that DH has a Key to the World...and DD and I have a different color icon that doesn't give a "type".

Confused!

Bridget

I had good luck with Disney IT. It did take time but they seemed to be eager to help. I used this number 407-939-7765. There are options to choose and one of them was for technical or internet support, I think. Good luck!

I wouldn't worry yet about not being able to get MBs or FPs for your Nov. trip. I think the first testers were only notified like 2 weeks before their vacations. I think people have assumed 60 days is the "date bookable by" and it has caught on like wild fire on boards like these. My guess is that they will either put a pause on FP+ testing for the holiday periods, but still maybe roll out the MB usage (since they aren't really connected); or maybe the are reconfiguring the system to let in some of the other media to be used for FP+ instead of just MBs like the RFID enabled UT tickets and will start opening up testing dates for that.

I am really hoping the rumor of no new testing is wrong...looking forward to getting our MB's, if no FP+ I can live with that, just really want the MB's :)

maybe the no "testing" is meaning they won't add any new resorts during Nov and Dec, but if your resort had already "tested" you will automatically get MB and FP+...fingers crossed!

My guess is that if they are going to do more testing/roll out of magic bands in november we won't hear anything until the end of September or early October at the earliest. Who knows :confused3

No matter what they decide to do, I'm not stressing about it. Ill just go with the flow. Thank goodness I have the Dis. At least I know the people around here will keep me informed and I'll be one of the first to know either way! :goodvibes

My guess is that if they are going to do more testing/roll out of magic bands in november we won't hear anything until the end of September or early October at the earliest. Who knows :confused3

No matter what they decide to do, I'm not stressing about it. Ill just go with the flow. Thank goodness I have the Dis. At least I know the people around here will keep me informed and I'll be one of the first to know either way! :goodvibes

I'm just going to plan as if we didn't have MB. I think even if we could get the MB on our trip, unless I know exactly how everything is going to work, I'm going to opt-out if possible. I'd rather go with something I know how to work, than with something I don't know how it's going to work, nor if I can use it like traditional FP was always used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter