Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

I was getting error messages last night when modifying my online check-in too. I logged out then back in and it gave me the option to customize my magic bands. And I don't think parades and such will be an option yet. But you will be able to get it once they load the Times for the parades. They will ship your bands once customizing has expired. I can't wait to get down there just to "bling out" my band :cool1:

I am curious if this is now a full rolling out and working with the 60 day window or if it is just testing for November. Are people checking in at the end of November (more then 60 days out) able to do FP+? I guess we will know more when we get to 60 days from December 1st, which would be October 2nd.

I got the same screen to confirm shipping address. I didn't go any further because I had read your post. Now I am afraid to! I really want to pick colours. Could it be because we are in Canada and they aren't shipping them outside of the States? Maybe we don't get to customize anymore, only get the standard grey so they don't have boxes of MBs sitting around the hotel waiting for guests to check in??

I just called Disney tech support but they could not assist me, told me to call back beginning of October. I then did online checkin and experienced another issue, so I called back and spoke with CM(Mark?), he was wonderful! He was able to get my magicbands customized and it now appears on the website! It will ship to resort for us at check in. I am able to make changes online up until Oct 12. Best to give it a try and see if it will work for you and then if you have issues, call. Hope all goes well.

I have two rooms reserved on my account. MDE shows both under my account but I can only request magic bands for one of the rooms. The packages were purchased direct from Disney and I can see all the tickets linked. Any idea how to get the option to personalize the magic bands on the second room?

I'm having trouble getting FP+ as well. Our arrival date is November 30th at POR. I'm getting the same error message as you. Ugh, I'm going to keep trying!

You can't reserve fp+ until you are 60 days out.

We have the same arrival date. How did you manage to get your MB's already?

wn01aa said:
I am curious if this is now a full rolling out and working with the 60 day window or if it is just testing for November. Are people checking in at the end of November (more then 60 days out) able to do FP+? I guess we will know more when we get to 60 days from December 1st, which would be October 2nd.

I arrive 11/28 at Pop. I was able to cutomize bands but no FP+. Figure I can do that Sun when I hit the 60 day mark. Hoping there are some left on thanksgiving day!

Anyone else have mb but no fp+? Was able to personalize the mb earlier today. I keep on getting the September date screen when trying to get a fp+ from the web interface and on the smartphone app it says that a valid park admission is required to select a fp. The only thing I can think of is that the system doesn't know I have park admission tickets. We did a magic your way package with a dining pin. The hotel reservation and package does show up under resort hotel reservation but under the tickets and reservations section there is nothing. Is this it? If not any ideas?

I have the same problem. I was able to make FP+ selections for one day of our October trip, but can't get back in to do the rest. We have annual passes so I don't think it is your package that is messing it up. Please post if you find a solution! Thanks!

I am able to get to the Fast Pass+ screen, select who I want but then when I hit next it just refreshes the page.

I was on the phone with Disney to fix the UCT linking ticket issue, so I can only select my 2 boys for FP. Not sure if that is the issue because I am the main person? She said I could make the selections for the boys and we would be added once out tickets are fixed?

We'll see! Of course my youngest is still asleep and I actually have time to do it!!

I arrive 11/28 at Pop. I was able to cutomize bands but no FP+. Figure I can do that Sun when I hit the 60 day mark. Hoping there are some left on thanksgiving day!

I arrive nov 8 th pofq and can make fast pass plus but no magic bands. Cm this am said its a fluke and I should print out the plans so I have proof. She said my bands won't be able to be customized till 3 weeks prior to arrival and you aren't suppose to be able to access fast pass plus until you have a band. She said the systems a little nutty right now and to be sure I print out my FP.... I want my bands waaaa Ricky

Originally Posted by phaphaphooey View Post
Anyone else have mb but no fp+? Was able to personalize the mb earlier today. I keep on getting the September date screen when trying to get a fp+ from the web interface and on the smartphone app it says that a valid park admission is required to select a fp. The only thing I can think of is that the system doesn't know I have park admission tickets. We did a magic your way package with a dining pin. The hotel reservation and package does show up under resort hotel reservation but under the tickets and reservations section there is nothing. Is this it? If not any ideas?

I'm pretty sure your individual tickets need to be linked to MDE. If your hotel shows up but nothing under tickets, that might be your problem.

Woo-hoo! Finally able to make FP+ reservations and customize bands! This will make several of my family members very happy because we can eliminate some of our rope drop days and sleep in or get some pool time in the mornings!

I can't do any Fireworks either except for Fantasmic. I'll keep an eye out since I'd like to book Illuminations one night. I already have the Wishes Dessert party set up.

We are arriving Nov 29th at ASMO and can't get FP+ or MB. The system acts like it will let me, but it does not go past the screen where you choose who the FP+ is for. Hopefully, this is just because we are 65 days out and will clear up soon.

To my surprise yesterday, I was able to customize our Magic Bands and make Fastpass+ selections. We check into Port Orleans Riverside on November 21st. We paid everything off on Monday through AAA since that's who we booked through. My hunch is that regardless of release dates, since we're paid up, we progressed to the next step. Just a thought for those that are anxiously waiting like I have been. :yay:

To my surprise yesterday, I was able to customize our Magic Bands and make Fastpass+ selections. We check into Port Orleans Riverside on November 21st. We paid everything off on Monday through AAA since that's who we booked through. My hunch is that regardless of release dates, since we're paid up, we progressed to the next step. Just a thought for those that are anxiously waiting like I have been. :yay:

We haven't paid our trip off yet (will be later this week) but we were able to book FP+ and get MB. We will be arriving Nov 16th.

I was able to customize our magic bands and add fastpass+ selections for some of our days, then had to call IT to add the rest as the system would not allow me to add any fastpass+ selections for November 26-30. IT was super helpful and added my selections and then I was able to go back and adjust the times.

Was anyone able to get the mickey and Minnie meet & greet at adventure outpost animal kingdom? Trying to get it for nov 4th but it says it is closed for refurb. I don't see it listed anywhere that it is supposed to go down for refub.

it was blocked out for me too! maybe it will get added later on, some rides are missing on other days too, thankfully we can keep tweaking our lists if plans change!

Thanks to following this thread, discovered FP+ came available last night. Got a few days of Fastpasses booked, but had to go to bed.

This morning, I tried the Modify Check-In trick and finally got the Personalize Magic Bands to appear. Woohoo!!
Our trip is a split-stay: 5 of us for 3 nights in BLT, then 7 of us for 8 nights in WL. Looks like my group of 5 will be sent 2 magic bands...anyone with magic band experience -- can you confirm if they actually send multiple bands?

Also, for those stressed out about booking FP+. I understand, it is definitely weird and it is tough to try and figure out which ones you should choose and where you think you'll be in the park at a certain period of time. I miss the old days.
BUT, let's remember this. Like it or not, those old days went away about a year ago. Since we now live in a world where you have to come back to the ride for your allotted hour, I am VERY HAPPY to now be able to try and pick my hour. We have days where we will leave the park in the middle of the day and then come back. Very cool, that I can get a Toy Story Midway Mania fastpass for the morning and then a Tower of Terror for the evening, which fits in perfectly with our actual schedule.

Good luck to all of those still waiting on FP+ and Magic Bands to work for you. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Question: The site states, [Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets"]

Is there a good way to confirm that your Magical Express info is correct?

UGH! I clicked on personalize magicbands, screen popped up to confirm address and but then it says order complete? WHAT? I never got to pick colors or anything. WHAT DO I DO NOW? WHO DO I CALL TO GET THIS FIXED?

Go through the following steps...modify your on line check in, you will probably get an error message at some point, either way...log out of your account and then back in. You should be able to personalize bands. If you can't repeat the process a few times. If that doesn't work call IT at (407) 939-7765 (press #2).

So personalize magic bands came up for me. No checkin and no need to modify anything. Since we got a split stay at AoA and AKL I guess we get two sets of Magic Bands? If both end up shipping can I use either one or do we have to switch out when changing resorts? I wish we could book some FP+ but it's just not meant to be this trip.

You should be able to use either band for your whole trip. I say should because there are still glitches in this very new system. Definitely bring both bands with you, just in case. I have several bands as well. I just choose a new color each time. :)

Since day guests/off-site guests are not yet included it is not a full roll out. They are starting tests for those people with CMs now. That was the first step for the resort guest process as well.

The people checking in at the end of November have reported being able to customize bands but they cannot make FP+ selections until they are within their 60 day window.

I just called Disney tech support but they could not assist me, told me to call back beginning of October. I then did online checkin and experienced another issue, so I called back and spoke with CM(Mark?), he was wonderful! He was able to get my magicbands customized and it now appears on the website! It will ship to resort for us at check in. I am able to make changes online up until Oct 12. Best to give it a try and see if it will work for you and then if you have issues, call. Hope all goes well.

Yup, rule #1...if you get a CM that seems clueless or whose information seems wrong say thank you, hang up and call back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter