• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any embarassing moments on Disney cruises?

CatManDoo

Mouseketeer
I love little anecdotes about embarassing moments or faux pas. Makes me feel like I'm not alone! :woohoo: Any embarassing moments from your Disney cruises you want to share? I'm certain mine's not unusual, but I had the experience of walking out of the shower buck-naked and throwing the curtains open expecting to see open seas. Not exactly. There was a Carnival cruise ship on the other side of the dock. :scared1: I doubt anyone saw me, but I was :rolleyes1 the rest of the day.

:rotfl: We had a "similar" incident on our first cruise. Loving our balcony, we went to sleep with the sliding glass door and curtains open. When we woke up in the morning, there was a huge ship parked right beside us with a whole stream of "viewers" lined up looking our ship over. I'm pretty sure they could see in our room, but we just laughed it off and gracefully got up and pulled the curtains closed. :cool2:

I love little anecdotes about embarassing moments or faux pas. Makes me feel like I'm not alone! :woohoo: Any embarassing moments from your Disney cruises you want to share? I'm certain mine's not unusual, but I had the experience of walking out of the shower buck-naked and throwing the curtains open expecting to see open seas. Not exactly. There was a Carnival cruise ship on the other side of the dock. :scared1: I doubt anyone saw me, but I was :rolleyes1 the rest of the day.

OH!....HOW funny! Well....I guess not that funny to you but still....

I don't think I did any embarrassing last trip but we set sail again in July so I will get back to you....LOL

My MIL went to pat our Palo server on the hip and accidentally patted his butt instead. And she didn't even know it until we told her after he'd walked away.

Needless to say, the rest of the meal he avoided standing beside her. LOL

And they let you stay on the boat? :mad:

Let me put it this way --

repolifeboats.jpg

;)

I was strolling around deck 10 one night with my DH during one of the evening movie showings on the DumboTron. Wet deck + flip flops = me falling with a very loud splat. A few people watching the movie hurried to assist me, but I was already up and laughing at myself. I was so embarassed, I wanted to run, but I walked gingerly away to avoid a repeat.

I don't have any yet, LOL! But I am worried about not beable to hear the spa lady knock when our time is almost up in the Rosul room. DH is hard of hearing, mostly deaf and I am partially deaf in one ear. I will just tell them to knock loudly!!:lmao:

I was strolling around deck 10 one night with my DH during one of the evening movie showings on the DumboTron. Wet deck + flip flops = me falling with a very loud splat. A few people watching the movie hurried to assist me, but I was already up and laughing at myself. I was so embarassed, I wanted to run, but I walked gingerly away to avoid a repeat.

Yep, I feel your pain. Last summer, 1st night, we were just entering Parrot Cay for our 8:15 dinner. I am following a server to our table and suddenly, going around the corner, felt both my feet start to slide to my left. Down I went. :scared1: My nephew, 11 and niece, 9 immediately threw themselves on top of me yeliing "Auntie!!!" :eek: 3 servers also joined the pile trying to pull all 3 of us up. I got to my feet, turned around and saw my sister with a look on her face of both concern and barely suppressed heavy laughter. By then I was so embarassed at the fuss - I just wanted to take my seat. :headache:

Only after sitting down was I able to take inventory and realize my right hip and wrist were aching. Oh yes, and my right butt cheek was wet. I still don't know what made me fall. My sister said something about seeing a piece of lettuce or something on the floor - but I don't know. Just for the record, I had only had 2 glasses of champagne much earlier in the stateroom, LOL. :laughing: I can hold my liquor better than that.

The servers were SO concerned, but I was fine (if a bit sore still the next morning). Our family laughed ourselves silly. I still laugh when I think about my niece and nephew either trying to help me up or thinking I was dying or something. :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

As we we right at the Mickey Ears giving the gentleman our ID's and boarding card...DD/10 decides eating M&M's for breakfast wasn't the right thing to do. Thank you DH for that treat! Funny later though as DH and DS (8) ended up at a "whoa dude" surf shop getting 2 for 1 shirts cuz they felt so bad for them. DH couldn't wait for his luggage. We know it made for great footage for some lucky passengers video! :laughing: Yuck!

Another would have to be SIL who decided she could "handle" two Bahama Mama's...not...head down on table..I believe we have a sleeper! That definitely ended up on my video! :rotfl2:

DW and I were on our honeymoon and we ended up on Match your mate. Enough said. We were getting funny comments for the rest of the cruise. pirate:

On our last cruise my hubby and I had an afternoon nap :-)hug:) with our balcony curtains open. There was no ship beside us and we were au natural on top of the covers. Next thing I look over and there is a 2 man team on a platform cleaning the balcony plexi glass. Talk about embarrassing.:rotfl2:

I too have been walking on deck 10 in flip flops and ended up KERSPLAT!
But for me the most embarassing moment when I was going from deck 10 to 9, down the stairs.....a gust of wind.. yeah.....I was wearing a skirt...peasant style no less. Enough said. Oh and it didn't help that some guy across the deck thought it prudent to whistle!

DH and all the kids decided that they just could not go to sleep without some pizza and soda. So as a good wife/Mom I head up to deck 9 get a tray and fill it with 6 slices of pizza, and 7 soadas...while balancing the tray I head to the double doors which I had "thought" were closed so I do the little half turn to push the door open with my booty and guess what??? The door was open,:lmao::scared1: so there goes me, the pizza's and all the sodas all over me, the floor, a CM and a gentleman :crowded:who had literally just walked out of the end eleveator. :blush::blush: The CM JUMPS up and somehow magically 3 other cms show up, help me and the other gentleman up..one starts cleaning up all my mess..which makes me feel even worse. :sad2: and the other one ask if I need to go see the Dr..I tell them only if he can perscribe a new pride for me :rotfl:. Everyone ends up LOL. I head to the cabin to tell DH it was HIS turn, as I am telling him the whole story suddenly there is a knock on the door and one of the CM's handed me a whole pizza and 7 soads..and a makes me promise to call him if I need any more late night pizza runs :lmao::upsidedowflower3::upsidedow

I head to the cabin to tell DH it was HIS turn, as I am telling him the whole story suddenly there is a knock on the door and one of the CM's handed me a whole pizza and 7 soads..and a makes me promise to call him if I need any more late night pizza runs :lmao::upsidedowflower3::upsidedow

It's these reasons I love Disney! I certainly hope you left a great comment about these CM's. They certainly went above and beyond in my book! Thanks for sharing this story! :thumbsup2

It's these reasons I love Disney! I certainly hope you left a great comment about these CM's. They certainly went above and beyond in my book! Thanks for sharing this story! :thumbsup2

Aw! That was very sweet of the CM. I agree I really love the CM's we have encountered at both WDW and on DCL, they spoil us sooo much! I am still missing them.

My young tablemate bought one of those wands with the lighted ball on the top... The ball part is plastic protected with the edges crimped closed. Being the nice person I am, I attempted to use my butter knife to open it up so the young boy could enjoy his new toy... Apparently those butter knives are WAY sharper than I would have guessed because I managed to slice right into my hand, a very nice diagonal cut starting right below my index finger and extending an inch! All I could think of was that I really didn't want to bleed on their nice cloth napkins! Our sweet assistant server went to the medic and got me a bandaid and neosporin while the head server made sure he removed all knives from my viscinity! He even made sure to butter my bread for me from there on out! :confused3

When eating BBQ ribs at dinner, being a lady, I used a fork and knife to cut the meat off the bone. Next thing I know, ribs slipped off the plate and onto the floor. The others at the table looked at me :guilty: I looked up and said, "Next time I'll know better and use my fingers" Face it folks, if you see a lady eating ribs with her fingers that's me...as they're meant to be eaten that way.

Still can't figure out how DSignificant Other can eat ribs and chicken with knife and fork and get the bones clean. This is another finger food I wouldn't try using a fork and knife. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter