Any embarassing moments on Disney cruises?

I am the one whose TODDLER son called a person fat. I stated that I cringed when he said it, and I did not think it was at all funny at the time, b/c I also know how it feels to be called names, as I am far from a model myself (but that's another story). I guess we all have difference sense's of humor, but moments when I am the most uncomfortable, and the least humored by something, later can be funny to look back on at least to me and possibly to the person whose daughter called the lady the piglet. Sorry, I think it is funny and that is probably evil of me. :guilty: My child would NEVER (at least he better never) do something like this now that he is older, but when kids are first learning that people don't all look alike, they point out differences. It is out of innocence, and it is our jobs as parents to correct them, but when it first starts to happen as a new parent, you don't know what the heck to do. That is what I find funny, by no means did I mean I found it funny that either of these people he pointed out on these two occassions might have heard him (have no idea if they did or not) and been hurt. I work w/ kids and they have said the "darndest" things to me, and while it is never fun to be insulted by a young child (as they often speak the truth), I certainly don't cry my eyes out over it. I do apologize for any offense, either to the other posters or to the two individuals my son commented on over 6 years ago when he was a toddler. I'm sure he would do the same if he could remember it. Peace? :hippie:

Peace of course. I don;t think you meant any harm. I just wanted to put it out there as honest and cute as kids may be, sometimes it can be hurtful. I must add that I am a little oversensitive right now, if you know what I mean. It does not help that I gained more weight in two days than I have lost in the last three months (an unexplained 7 lbs).

My husband and I had a pretty funny/embarrassing moment when we were in Nassau. I was set to find some good deals and work on my haggling skills and my husband was set to find a good cigar. So he goes one way and I go the other, 20minutes later I see him jogging my way. Apparently he went to far and hit an area of Nassau where he met a woman who according to my husband had about 3teeth. I am going to keep this clean but I am sure you know what was offered for the price of 50cents. So when my husband catches up to me and tells me the story.....without missing a beat respond. Did you get her down to 25 cents. So we get a good chuckle out of that one whenever my husband goes and buys a new cigar for poker games and such.

Omg. Yucccccccckkkkk. On one hand, it is really sad. On the other..........ew.

Again, I apologize for this thread getting a bit off track.

This is spiraling into dangerous territory....

This thread needs to have a time-out before the escalation begins in earnest .

I subscribed to this thread to get some chuckles and those who wished to share... I beg anyone who wants to debate the previous posts to take it offline because this post isn't so fun anymore with the back and forth over what really was a child's innocent comments (and for the record, I'm a big girl who has been called pregnant by my own son... and I'm not)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter