Any body else have trouble using the snack credits?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
it's not that there aren't ample options, but there's so much food at the meals, we're just not hungry. I used a couple for breakfast items, but with a gluten allergy, there weren't any breakfast items available for one of out party.

Considering the number of people on here who say they use many leftover snack credits for treats to take home, I'd say you're not alone.

Just another reason I'd never get the dining plan. Carting snacks home you wouldn't otherwise but is not saving money.

We could never use all the snack credits. Desserts at lunch AND dinner is way too much. One of the two main reasons we don't buy the dining plan anymore.

We found you can get 1-liter bottles of Dasani for a single snack credit at a few locations around the parks - don't settle for the 20 oz. bottle. We normally use up our remaining snack credits the day we leave for snacks for DS to take to school after we get home, but then again we live a 3 hour drive away.

Martin

Generally we didn't take the dessert at counter service, those little cup carrot or chocolate cakes aren't great, then that left room for an ice cream sundae later! Also my partner doesn't really drink water, so using a snack credit on a diet coke often seemed like a good idea, if we didn't think they would all get used up.
Often people think I won't use a snack for a $2.50 soda, as I could get a $4.50 sundae instead. But then are full from lunch and don't get the sundae having already paid cash for the soda.

Generally we didn't take the dessert at counter service, those little cup carrot or chocolate cakes aren't great, then that left room for an ice cream sundae later! Also my partner doesn't really drink water, so using a snack credit on a diet coke often seemed like a good idea, if we didn't think they would all get used up.
Often people think I won't use a snack for a $2.50 soda, as I could get a $4.50 sundae instead. But then are full from lunch and don't get the sundae having already paid cash for the soda.

But if you didn't take the dessert AND you used your snacks for $2.50 sodas, then you just gave Disney extra money for the privilege of eating. The desserts are roughly worth $4 each and you "lost" at least $2 on each soda, so if both of you did that at every meal and for every snack (realizing you probably didn't), you gave Disney $20/night.

The value of the QS DDP in particular is only there if you use ALL entitlements.

As it's Disney and vacation time, I like having "non-traditional" breakfast foods. Most of the resorts have Erin McKenna's Bakery cupcakes for snack credits and some carry the donuts too. Popcorn at the parks is GF as are the frozen lemonades and icees. The garden kiosk at Animal Kingdom has lots of GF snack credit items. The Flower and Garden kiosks have a few GF items that are marked on the passport.

We always visit one of the treat shops with the fresh and fancy rice krispie treats to take home. Well worth the snack credit and it lets us enjoy Disney at home for a couple days. :)

But if you didn't take the dessert AND you used your snacks for $2.50 sodas, then you just gave Disney extra money for the privilege of eating. The desserts are roughly worth $4 each and you "lost" at least $2 on each soda, so if both of you did that at every meal and for every snack (realizing you probably didn't), you gave Disney $20/night.

The value of the QS DDP in particular is only there if you use ALL entitlements.

Was on a free dining offer so the value of the QS dessert didn't bother me. I agree that if you are paying for dining plan you need to make use of it all to get the value. But in general I think those QS dessert cups are only actually worth $1 and aren't great quality, if I am going to eat I would rather have something I enjoy, so if I get a burger that I like from Cosmic Ray's but don't want dessert as I would rather have an ice cream later then I will save the calories and stomoch space for later :-). Again, as you say if you are paying for DDP then it doesn't make sense to waste the QS dessert, but if you are already full, then just don't eat it!

We always visit one of the treat shops with the fresh and fancy rice krispie treats to take home. Well worth the snack credit and it lets us enjoy Disney at home for a couple days. :)
We love doing this as it let's us bring home a 'piece of Disney' for later:-) We use up any snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co for kids to have at home or share with their friends (they would want to buy treats for their friends anyway, so it's a good way to use snack credit).

I managed to use a few more than usual on our last trip at Starbucks lol
My teen DD's were able to use up quite a few snack credits on Starbucks lol (venti size drinks that we would not normally allow them at home, but it's vacation time:-))

I either use snack credits for breakfasty items, or I buy snacks to take home. I was eating chip and dale pretzels for a long time after my last trip :)

I use the snack credits for breakfast or lunch, the counter service for the other and dinner as usual. If you like a light breakfast, get a pretzel or pastry or oatmeal. Then do a counter service for lunch. Or, eat a counter service breakfast and do a light lunch with a snack credit. They have egg rolls you can eat for lunch and they are a snack. Look around. There are tons of choices. Who can eat three large meals a day anyway. I used every credit on my last trip, with none left to take home.

We usually go to DTD on our last day, or close to it. I figure out how many extra credits I'll have and let the kids pick out treats in Goofy's Candy Shop. Telling them each they can, for example, pick out 3 of anything with the symbol on it is a HUGE treat for them! Some get eaten right away, some come home with us. Either way, it feels like they're getting souvenirs or treats and we don't have to pay for them. [Thank you, Free Dining!!]

We stopped at the Boardwalk Bakery at the end of our trip and filled a bakery box with an assortment of fudge, Mickey head brownies, cupcakes and cookies with our remaining snack credits. The first year we did this we had 12 credits remaining - what a take home treat that was! Last trip we only had 6 credits remaining - got a few extra sweets at Karamell Kuche throughout the week I guess! :laughing:

LOL we used ALL the snack credits pretty easily .... diet cokes or whatever while we were walking around ... was the quick service credits I left on the table :(

I'm doing OOP this trip in November. First time ever! I'm not sure we will actually save any money but it does give me the opportunity to get whatever I want without being concerned if it is on the dinning plan or not. There is an element of freedom in that! And....I think we will be sharing some lunches. There always seems to be too much food for us...so we'll see how it works out. I did budget $ 80.00 a day for each of us. That is for the most expensive dinners every night. I do believe the dinning plan is around $ 63.00 a day if you pay for it. So....it is an experiment....and I did give us a very generous budget.

We always use every last snack credit. I miss the old counter service plan with two snacks and two cs meals per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter