Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

I remember while back I read that the HOB was not going to have any more (good ;) ) bands playing there- as in metal bands- does anyone remember hearing that?

I just checked the HOB event calendar and Opeth is going to be there on 10/21! :eek:

I think I would plan a trip just around that concert !

I also see Demon Hunter will be there- buuuuuuttt- not much into the christian music scene-
devil.gif

Yep, I remember hearing about HOB banning metal shows, but I figured it wasn't going to last long.

What show exactly lead the HOB to trying to ban metal acts anyway?

Most of the current rap/hip-hop artists have lyrics way worse than anything in metal.

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm not the biggest TYPE O fan, but Bloody Kisses is a masterpiece. The mood/vibe was great. I always though Goth metal took itself too seriously, and here was a killer concept that wasn't afraid to go over the top and cynically poke fun at the entire genre. I also own October Rust,which I enjoy, but it can't hold a candle to Bloody Kisses.

The rise of MP3s is slowly leading to the death of the concept ablum, and for that, I'm really sad. Pop bands are focusing on once decent single and an album of filler, when I'd rather have a flowing concept album that may not have a hit single at all.

There are people who'd rather listen to 'greatest-hits' and muzak in the background, while I'd rather sit back, enjoy the liner notes, album art, lyrics, etc. and take in an album in its entirety.

Judas Priest's latest, Nostradamus, is a 2CD concept set. It's a little over the top, but it's one of thier better efforts.

I have a friend who is into metal, we usualy like the same bands and I told her to listen to Type Os "Everything Dies", :-)faint: awesome song BTW!) and she could not get into Peter's voice. Now, me, on the other hand, I was instantly drawn to his voice and their sound- funny how that works....

ugh- tell me about the whole downloading songs! I think I said this before- I am not one of those people who do the "I love the single" thing. I am a BAND person so- GIVE ME THE WHOLE DARN BAND PLEASE! All wrapped up in one CD to enjoy EVERY SINGLE SONG!!

What is sad is, the downloads are really hurting the record stores too! I was at the mall on Monday- and I was telling DH they only had ONE! record store in the mall! It was FYI. He said it was b/c of all the downloading. Whatever happened to good ol' Sam Goody!? FYI did have October Rust and I have been looking for that, but it was 19 bucks! I should have just bought it. I will be lucky if I can even find that and Bloody Kisses in an actual store!

Have you noticed the CDs in Best Buy and Circuit City are just one big freaking JOKE! CC is much worse than BB- but OMG- is this the death of buying good music in stores!? Sometimes I just CAN'T wait for a CD to come int he mail- I NEED IT NOW!:furious:

Yep, I remember hearing about HOB banning metal shows, but I figured it wasn't going to last long.

What show exactly lead the HOB to trying to ban metal acts anyway?

Most of the current rap/hip-hop artists have lyrics way worse than anything in metal.

I am not sure what the reason was- it was kind of "vague" you know you cannot get a straight answer form any "higher ups" anywhere! They just spew their lies and BS. I can see ONE dope complaining about the music and of course, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and we all have to suffer!

Maybe they did not like the metal heads hanging around PI- but of course, you CAN have all the drunken idiots from the bars there:rolleyes1 but god forbid you get someone with a ripped T and jeans, maybe a few piercings, and the whole world would come to an end!:mad:

But, if they are having Opeth at the HOB- you can get too much heavier (and evil:laughing: ) than that! So, chalk one up for us!:thumbsup2

I just went to Amazon and bought 4 (new) Type O CDs for a total of $64.94 w/ FREE (2 day shipping!) I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime and got the free 2 day shipping. :cool1: I will get the CDs on Monday!:banana:

I ordered October Rust, Bloody Kisses, World Coming Down and Slow, Deep and Hard.

BTW- does anyone KNOW what the close up is on the Slow, Deep and Hard cover? :scared1: Well- I can't tell you here- but you can PM me. ;)

I was just going to say, go to Amazon! LOL I get all my metal/hard rock stuff from Amazon. I get all my country stuff from Target. LOL I don't even bother with music stores anymore, they never have what I want and they charge way too much. Sad but true. I used to love going to the Warehouse, they had CD's you could listen to with headphones to see if you really wanted to buy the whole CD.
You have to tell me what the cover is...LOL I don't have that CD so I don't know......
BTW, do you have the newest Crucible, Iron Maiden or Bullet for my Valentine CDs? If so, you can find ME in them. LOL Have you heard Crucible?? If not, please do, they are a metal band from HI, Derek Haderman, he rocks!!!! :)

When is your Type O show again? Did you already go? I haven't been here for a few days so I don't remember....

I was just going to say, go to Amazon! LOL I get all my metal/hard rock stuff from Amazon. I get all my country stuff from Target. LOL I don't even bother with music stores anymore, they never have what I want and they charge way too much. Sad but true. I used to love going to the Warehouse, they had CD's you could listen to with headphones to see if you really wanted to buy the whole CD.
You have to tell me what the cover is...LOL I don't have that CD so I don't know......
BTW, do you have the newest Crucible, Iron Maiden or Bullet for my Valentine CDs? If so, you can find ME in them. LOL Have you heard Crucible?? If not, please do, they are a metal band from HI, Derek Haderman, he rocks!!!! :)

When is your Type O show again? Did you already go? I haven't been here for a few days so I don't remember....

My Type O show is next Wed July 2nd!:banana: I am hoping the band will be at the upstairs bar afterwards! NOT sure what the heck I would do- maybe a pic would be good! I doubt Peter would want to take a chunk out of my neck:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I hope to get good pics- I was hoping the same thing for my Dimmu and Behemoth concert a few months ago at the same venue- but NOPE- my camera stinks!

I got some AWESOME Manson pics from last years tour with Slayer- I am not sure if anyone here saw them yet? I know Mayhem did (where the HECK is that woman!?!!!)

I will post them later today- we were in the Pit :faint: OMG it was awesome! So now, every concert I go to- I am expecting to get good pics:worried:

Our Border's bookstore had headphones- but......they have no good music to listen to:rotfl2: So if anyone needs some CDs go to Amazon and subscribe to Prime for free 2 day shipping! You get a month free so cancel before the month is up.

Kerri- I have never heard of Crucible- I checked out their site and listened Dead Bones- not bad! The singer reminds me a little of Phil Anselmo with some Chino Moreno thrown in. :thumbsup2

And I am a BIG 80's Iron Maiden fan:banana: DH and I have seen them several times back in the day- Is Eddie still with them! Man- that thing used to FREAK me the HECK out:smokin: :scared1:

So tell me where you are mentioned on the CDs!

I will PM you about the Type O CD cover.........;)

Thanks for giving this "old" man some more "new" music to try out.
Yes Eddie is still around and higher than ever currently on tour in
Europe.
Check out their website. Maiden Heaven is a tribute CD that will be given away free in Kerrang July16.

His eyes seem so glazed
As he flies on the wings of a dream.
Now he knows his father betrayed
Now his wings turn to ashes to ashes his grave

Fly, on your way, like an eagle,
Fly as high as the sun,
On your way, like an eagle,
Fly as high as the sun.
Fly, touch the sun
Fly

Ed Force One
4sbqmd.jpg

Thanks for giving this "old" man some more "new" music to try out.
Yes Eddie is still around and higher than ever currently on tour in
Europe.
Check out their website. Maiden Heaven is a tribute CD that will be given away free in Kerrang July16.

His eyes seem so glazed
As he flies on the wings of a dream.
Now he knows his father betrayed
Now his wings turn to ashes to ashes his grave

Fly, on your way, like an eagle,
Fly as high as the sun,
Fly as high as the sun.
Fly, touch the sun
Fly

Ed Force One
4sbqmd.jpg

Flight of Icarus!!!!:dance3:

Old man- you stop it- you are only 2 years older than I am! You are scaring me!:rotfl2: I do sometimes think- am I too old for this? Will I ever outgrow my love for this kind of music- I don't think so! I will be rockin' to my grave!:cool1:

I do notice people "our age" :rolleyes1 at a lot of the concerts I attend. It is hard to find people that like what I do- we are a rare breed aren't we!:thumbsup2

Oh!

Guess what!? I got 2 of my CDs that I ordered JUST yesterday!!!

I placed 2 orders- I wonder if the other UPS dude will be showing up at my door with Part 2!!

Just popped in World Coming Down in my laptop!:yay:

Yup, he sure is! lol You can find me on the inside cover under the Thanks section. :)

I got your PM about the cover. LMAO!!! too funny!!!!!!! I take it you've never seen Darron's picks (from System of a Down?) If not I should send you one....LOL

I love good concert pics, you can see a bunch of good ones on my company's website, I'll PM you the address so you can check it out. Share any pics you have and want to share, I'd love to see them!

.......I might be able to go over to the Teen Forums and find someone who does, but no thanks. :rotfl2: OR post it on the CB and get bashed.....no thanks....:rolleyes:

I am SO bored with the conversations on the CB. They are just not me.

Not into what problems kid's have with their teachers, my political/religious views are certainly not like others, so I steer clear of those threads, god forbid you have an opinion
thtomato.gif

I can count on one hand the Dis'ers that even know who Type O Negative, Pantera (Down), Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Slip Knot ;), Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy are....need I go on?
icon_freak.gif

Anyone get psyched about Metal concerts, or just that a song you like is on the radio? Anyone listen to Sirius Hard Attack and love it? Can't live without it? Do you hear Ministry's rendition of Roadhouse Blues and freak out, while other's say....what the heck is that....? Do you find people strange who think American Idol music is................good?
1312.gif

Just wondering..... or maybe I am the weird one
thc070.gif
, but I doubt it
snooty.gif
.......:laughing:

Just curious........

I still love my freaps and my CF peeps :hug:

I have been bringing True Metal to Disney since 1998...There are two things in this world that come close to the love I have for my wife and those two things are Disney and Metal...Not you're run of the mill radiocore poser garbage like Metallica and the likes but true metal..everything from Thrash to Black to Death to doom/gloom, goth and Power yes Power!!!!

Nothing beats blasting some good ol Manowar, Deicide, Emperor, Destruction, Kreator, Exodus, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, Morbid Angel, Helloween, Iced Earth, Sepultura, God Dethroned, Angel Dust, Nightwish, Type-O Negative, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Primal Fear, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Megadeth, Forbidden, Savatage, Falconer, Charon, Sentenced, Nevermore, Suicidal Tendencies, Mortician, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Altar, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Judas Priest, Marduk, Venom, and the list goes on and on to infinity and beyond...:rockband:

There are two things in this world that will never die True Heavy F'n Metal and Disney -I-

I have been bringing True Metal to Disney since 1998...There are two things in this world that come close to the love I have for my wife and those two things are Disney and Metal...Not you're run of the mill radiocore poser garbage like Metallica and the likes but true metal..everything from Thrash to Black to Death to doom/gloom, goth and Power yes Power!!!!

Nothing beats blasting some good ol Manowar, Deicide, Emperor, Destruction, Kreator, Exodus, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, Morbid Angel, Helloween, Iced Earth, Sepultura, God Dethroned, Angel Dust, Nightwish, Type-O Negative, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Primal Fear, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Megadeth, Forbidden, Savatage, Falconer, Charon, Sentenced, Nevermore, Suicidal Tendencies, Mortician, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Altar, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Judas Priest, Marduk, Venom, and the list goes on and on to infinity and beyond...:rockband:

There are two things in this world that will never die True Heavy F'n Metal and Disney -I-

Hey! Glad you made it here.

Iced Earth!? They are also going to be at the House of Blues on 9/28!

Everytime I hear them I think of Richard Christy from the Stern show- he played drums for Iced Earth before he started worked for Howard.

I never heard of them until he mentioned them on the show a while back.

Hey! Glad you made it here.

Iced Earth!? They are also going to be at the House of Blues on 9/28!

Everytime I hear them I think of Richard Christy from the Stern show- he played drums for Iced Earth before he started worked for Howard.

I never heard of them until he mentioned them on the show a while back.

Iced Earth are one of my favorite bands of all time!!!! Alive in Athens is my favorite live metal album of all time just edging out Live after Death by the greatest band of all time :worship: Iron Maiden.

Stern is the man and Christy is awesome..he also played trums for Death and Burning Times (he is still an active member of Burning Times)..He was/is a great metal drummer and absolutely hilarious on Stern...

I am going to see Iced Earth up here in Massachusetts their best vocalist Matt Barlow is back with the band can't wait!!! I am also going to go see Kamelot in Boston can't wait for that show it is going to be awesome...

I arrive the night of 9/4 I know Bullet for my valentine is playing not bad for a new band they great on the studio albums but dreadful live I have seen them 2wice both times I was dissapointed. Of course one time was for when they opened for Maiden and I was so excited for Maiden that I really didnt care for them but they meaning Bullet have a greta song called Scream, Aim, Fire .

If you couldnt tell I am more oldschool but I like some newer bands like Into Eternity, 3 Inches of Blood, In This Moment, Trivium, and The Sword. However, Old school just cannot be beat give me some good old or event their newer albums Testament or Exodus and I can head bang for days. :worship:

If you are interested in checking out Iced Earth pick up Days of Purgatory, Something Wicked This way Comes, or Horror Show then work your way back to their older stuff like Night of the Stormrider...They do have a greastest hits out its 2 discs but I forget the name..but Alive in Athens is great as well and will get you a feel.. :rockband:

That's a killer list. If you like power metal, and never heard Pagan's Mind, you should check them out. They're a little toward the prog-side, but not so much Dream Theater clones like Symphony X etc.

If you couldnt tell I am more oldschool but I like some newer bands like Into Eternity, 3 Inches of Blood, In This Moment, Trivium, and The Sword. However, Old school just cannot be beat give me some good old or event their newer albums Testament or Exodus and I can head bang for days.

I enjoy Trivium, The Sword, Avenged Sevenfold etc., but at the same time, they also just seem to be rehashing the classic metal sound. Nothing wrong with going with what works, but I sort of feel like I've heard all of thier riffs somewhere before.

I guess that's why I enjoy the more progressive metal stuff, as it's going into new territory started by King Crimson decades ago. I don't think I'd consider bands like Dredg, Pain of Salvation, and Porcupine Tree metal, yet I'm seeing more and more of thier T-shirts at both metal shows and jam festivals. It's pretty cool that some of these bands are getting such a diverse following of music fans.

That's a killer list. If you like power metal, and never heard Pagan's Mind, you should check them out. They're a little toward the prog-side, but not so much Dream Theater clones like Symphony X etc.

I enjoy Trivium, The Sword, Avenged Sevenfold etc., but at the same time, they also just seem to be rehashing the classic metal sound. Nothing wrong with going with what works, but I sort of feel like I've heard all of thier riffs somewhere before.

I guess that's why I enjoy the more progressive metal stuff, as it's going into new territory started by King Crimson decades ago. I don't think I'd consider bands like Dredg, Pain of Salvation, and Porcupine Tree metal, yet I'm seeing more and more of thier T-shirts at both metal shows and jam festivals. It's pretty cool that some of these bands are getting such a diverse following of music fans.

Prog Metal Rules!!!! Pagan's Mind is amazing!!! Celestial Entrance is one of my favorite albums of all time \m/
If you are into Prog Metal you need to check our Srdjan Brankovic 's Exebition :Delta they are a Prog Metal super band much like Avantasia is a Power metal super band. They have a myspace page just search for them I have listened to a few tracks completely BA.

Other prog bands you may not have heard of but are worth checking out:
Elegy, Star One, Ayreon, Explorer's Club(James Labrie from Dream Theater), Mastodon (a band that is often overlooked by Brothers of True Metal such as ourselves).

I love all True metal no matter the Sub-genre and lyrical content.
It is so funny I am a die hard Atheist and hate modern religions but for some reason I love bands like Edenbridge, Narnia, Evergrey, Grave Digger, Dream Theater, ZAO, In This Moment and many other Christian/ modern religion bands just as much as the anti-Christian/modern religion metal bands...

It is awesome to meet another blaster of metal and fan of Disney!!!!

All Hail the Disney Villians (you know they blast Slayer especially :maleficen )

I wonder how long it will take for Disney to make the Black Metal ride? ;)

That would be awesome!! BUt improbabale although we could hold out hope for a Black Caulderon ride which is the closest thing Disney has to Black Metal...

But imagine how awesome a Black Metal ride would be Disney could hire Immortal and put Mickey ears on them to meet the guests then the guests would enter a dark cave where they board a series of inverted cross roller coaster cars which go from 0 -80 in 6.66 seconds while of course the audio is King Diamond going eeeeyyyeeaaaahhhh segwaying straight into Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse by Dimmu Borgir as the sound track...along the tracks the guests would pass anamantronic versions of 1349, Emperor, and Marduk at a blistering speed of course..the ride would conclude by baralling through a partiticular building (if you listen to Black metal you know what I am refrencing)therby setting it ablaze. WHen you get off the ride you walk through a gift shop entitled "The Gods Rock and Roll" where you can buy official Disney pins of some of your favorite Black Metal Icons such as King Diamond, Dani Filth, Cronos, and Emperor Magnus Caligula. :rockband:

But imagine how awesome a Black Metal ride would be Disney could hire Immortal and put Mickey ears on them to meet the guests

oooo! Speaking of Mickey ears- I would like to see THIS greet me! :cool1:

I added the "Mickey Manson" to this pic

MM-1.jpg

MM7.jpg

MM3.jpg

Since I am in my Photobucket Manson album- I will post a few pics I took at the concert last year (8/2/2007 Camden NJ Manson w/ Slayer!)

I was sitting on the floor right behind the pit for Manson :dance3:

076.jpg

066.jpg

069.jpg

037-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

029.jpg

050.jpg

039.jpg

021.jpg

055.jpg

Hey Madd! I'm still haunting the place! Counting down the days till Mayhem and listening to the newest Knot...what a great summer! How are ya? I'll be hitting the road in a couple of weeks but till then I'll try to get in here more often...Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter