Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

That was my exact post a few pages ago...was there something you wanted to ad or where you just letting us know you're offering college degrees?

This is crazy!!! I totally just stumbled on this thread, I was just lurking around and walla! My DH and I were total "rockers" in high school. DH was in a band and did quite a few concerts. Man those were the good ol days. Anyhow, we are now 34 (me) and 33 (DH) with 3 kiddos 6, 3, and 1. I am very proud to say that I have a signed kerri king guitar hanging on the wall in my loft and possibly the only 6 year old around who can play "one" on guitar hero without missing a beat and knows all the lyrics, LOL... These days though it seems that the my dd (6) is totally into Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers, in fact I just finished watching camp rock with her. So basically the only time I really listen to anything is when I'm in the car and even then the kiddos will generally listen their music or we listen to country which we both like. DH, however, will instantly switch the station or CD when he gets in the car and if country is playing his general response is "OMG I almost puked!!!" So when he's in the car it is definately Slayer, Megadeth, Godsmack, Sepultura, etc.. So I still get a good dose of it and I still like it and all my kids know how to "ROCK OUT" it's so funny as soon as DH puts a CD on they all start banging their heads it HILLARIOUS! Anyhow, I had no idea there were others here on the DIS. It's really funny it's just like at DD school I like being there and I'm interested but somehow I just don't quite fit in with all the soccer moms and that's kind of how it was on the DIS until now.

I always find it interesting how so many people dis country without ever seeing a country act live. We went to the Brad Paisley show last night, both he and Keith Urban always blow my mind with their guitar. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo talented, IMO more talented than many of the rockers out there. Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood did a cover of Tom Petty/Stevie Knicks Stop Dragging my Heart Around. I tell you what, it was better than seeing Tom and Stevie do it live a few months before!! And both Keith and Brad can play massive guitar!!!! OMG, they are soooooooooooo talented....and we might be at the Jonas Brothers concert next month, my girls love them....and they are my account. LOL

I just don't quite fit in with all the soccer moms and that's kind of how it was on the DIS until now.

Welcome! I know what you mean about fitting in on the DIS:rotfl: I know some great people here- but not everyone has my taste in music! I always wondered how many of us there were!

I always find it interesting how so many people dis country without ever seeing a country act live. We went to the Brad Paisley show last night, both he and Keith Urban always blow my mind with their guitar. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo talented, IMO more talented than many of the rockers out there. Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood did a cover of Tom Petty/Stevie Knicks Stop Dragging my Heart Around. I tell you what, it was better than seeing Tom and Stevie do it live a few months before!! And both Keith and Brad can play massive guitar!!!! OMG, they are soooooooooooo talented....and we might be at the Jonas Brothers concert next month, my girls love them....and they are my account. LOL

I am sorry Kerri- I just CAN'T do country music! That or rap!:eek: I just can't, and I don't get it...:confused3 I kinda feel a little tight in the chest when I do hear it:rotfl:

I need to stay away for health reasons!

LOL too funny, tight in the chest. To each their own, just means less people for me to fight when I do go see Brad and Keith live. LOL There were soooooooooooooooooooo many people at that concert Saturday......it was crazy busy! :)

Not really into country but Robert Earl Keen is classified as such. And he is up on my favorite list and have seen him several times.

Is anyone here going to All Good in WVa next month?

Is that Groovy music???

I can do groovy::yes:: :smokin: ::yes::

Oh, sure it grooves! I'm not hitting All Good, but the line-up looks great. The headliners are a given, but I've see Lesh, Widespread etc . plenty of times. What it'd be excited about, is checking out MMW w/Scofield, as well as Lettuce. The funk will be brought!

I just can't do country either :confused3 I respect the musicianship of many of them, as I play a Fender Telecaster myself, but I just can't get into the mainstream country sound. I like Bluegrass and love artists like Bela Fleck. I even like cross-over stuff like the Eagles and Neil Young, and a lot of southern rock and blues. But the popular country stuff I hear today really does nothing for me.

I also can't stand John Mayer (not country I know), but the guy is insane on guitar. He released a John Mayer Trio live CD that is killer ... but put him in his pop music context, and I fall asleep.

I guess I enjoy country stars guesting in other peoples music, where I can enjoy thier talent in another context.

I also can't stand John Mayer (not country I know), but the guy is insane on guitar. He released a John Mayer Trio live CD that is killer ... but put him in his pop music context, and I fall asleep.

John Mayer as in "Your Body is Wonderland" John Mayer?:confused3

I did not know he was that much of a talent. Then, what is sad is, people only know him for the crap that you hear on the radio- all the little girls know him from dating that whack job Jessica Simpson and now Jennifer Aniston- I am sure the fans he has from his top 40 songs would never appreciate his guitar playing- they would not have a clue as to what they were hearing:confused: Let alone appreciate it!

I would think it would be frustrating for him to be stuck in such a pathetic mold:(

Totally OT!................

8 DAYS TO TYPE O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

John Mayer as in "Your Body is Wonderland" John Mayer?:confused3

Yup, that was kinda my original response as well. I think Mayer got tired of being stereotyped, so to show his chops, he toured as the Mayer trio. He really rocks on his stratocaster! Not shredding, but a more sloppy blues stlye similar to Hendrix, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc ... The Trio live CD was his big F-U to the pop scene

Look at the infamous Kelly Clarkson/Metal Skool video from a few years back. I've seen interviews since with her, and she seems like a legit fan of 80's hard rock and metal. I think she grew up with her brother listening to the stuff. I'm not saying I like her music, but it does change my opinion of her a bit when I know she respects the classics.

What's wrong with country? Playing a metal tune backwards made me shout at the devil. Playing a country tune backwards got my kids,trailer,wife and hound dog back.
rocker.gif

Is that Groovy music???

I can do groovy::yes:: :smokin: ::yes::

Yes, i can say that it will definatly be groovy! Very similar lineup as Langerado, and I had a great time there. :smokin: One of the best Phil shows I have seen. And MWW w/S was great!

I am tellin' ya- The guitars in Tripping a Blind Man by Type O- are FREAKING crazy- very GROOVY! It stinks b/c there is no video for the song. It made me stop breathing for a few seconds when I heard it!

I mentioned page or 2 back that when I heard it for the first time- It brought me to a whole other place, it could have been the moon, not sure though!:smokin: :thumbsup2 But it was a GOOD place...and I liked it!

I can't beleive how addicted I am to their music right now. I can't stop listening. I was talking to myself just yesterday:rotfl: I do that often....and I thought, self, I can't believe how many levels they can have in just one song! I never thought that way about a band before. I think if you really love a band- you can feel it.

You know what really stinks- I cannot IMAGINE not feeling transported when you listen to music- some people just "like" music- and yay, they hear a song on the radio that they like, woo who..........but to not want to hear music that you really love constantly, is like starving yourself......:hippie: That sounds deep.....:rotfl2:

What's wrong with country? Playing a metal tune backwards made me shout at the devil. Playing a country tune backwards got my kids,trailer,wife and hound dog back.
rocker.gif

:rotfl2: Love it. You would all get along very very well with my DH. Anyhow, one of our favs for a long time now is Floater. Don't know if you've ever heard of them they are out of Oregon and have been around for a LONG time but never went mainstream. Check them out if you like floater.com some of the live videos take a minute to get going but once they get started their good.

25 year old long-haired, metal-loving, hard-drumming, muscle car-driving metalhead checking in!

Just stumbled across this thread and had to post up, good to know i'm not alone.

I remember while back I read that the HOB was not going to have any more (good ;) ) bands playing there- as in metal bands- does anyone remember hearing that?

I just checked the HOB event calendar and Opeth is going to be there on 10/21! :eek:

I think I would plan a trip just around that concert !

I also see Demon Hunter will be there- buuuuuuttt- not much into the christian music scene-
devil.gif

You know what really stinks- I cannot IMAGINE not feeling transported when you listen to music- some people just "like" music- and yay, they hear a song on the radio that they like, woo who..........but to not want to hear music that you really love constantly, is like starving yourself......:hippie: That sounds deep.....:rotfl2:

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm not the biggest TYPE O fan, but Bloody Kisses is a masterpiece. The mood/vibe was great. I always though Goth metal took itself too seriously, and here was a killer concept that wasn't afraid to go over the top and cynically poke fun at the entire genre. I also own October Rust,which I enjoy, but it can't hold a candle to Bloody Kisses.

The rise of MP3s is slowly leading to the death of the concept ablum, and for that, I'm really sad. Pop bands are focusing on once decent single and an album of filler, when I'd rather have a flowing concept album that may not have a hit single at all.

There are people who'd rather listen to 'greatest-hits' and muzak in the background, while I'd rather sit back, enjoy the liner notes, album art, lyrics, etc. and take in an album in its entirety.

Judas Priest's latest, Nostradamus, is a 2CD concept set. It's a little over the top, but it's one of thier better efforts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter