Another cancellation question

*MomTo2Princesses*

Mouseketeer
Sorry guys...another cancellation question. Can I cancel an ADR for tonight and not et penalized? I just went through a mock cancellation on MDE app and it didn't say anything about a fee. It just asked if I was sure I wanted to cancel.

You might want to call and cancel. Tell them when your vacation is and that you made a mistake booking it, not that you were just practicing.

Oh, I think I wasn't clear when explaining. So sorry! We have an ADR tonight, but we want to cancel. Since it's the day of, will we be penalized the $10 per person? I did a mock cancel and it didn't mention a fee, but I didn't go through with it. Thanks!

Oh, I think I wasn't clear when explaining. So sorry! We have an ADR tonight, but we want to cancel. Since it's the day of, will we be penalized the $10 per person? I did a mock cancel and it didn't mention a fee, but I didn't go through with it. Thanks!
Yes, you may be charged. I would call and cancel on the phone and they may waive the fee.

Try calling and see if you can reschedule it for another day, then cancel through the app before the cancellation deadline.

Canceling it online virtually guarantees the fee. If you call, you have a chance.
Some DISers have avoided the fee when they booked another restaurant in replacement for the cancelled one, others have had success by rescheduling the same-day reservation for a different (and thus cancellable) day. I've also read here that the latter loophole may have been closed, but that was anecdotal.

You'll have to call but they may or may not allow you to cancel with no fee. If you are cancelling because you just don't feel like going they will probably charge you.

The fee is stated when you make the reservation, not when you cancel it. If you cancel online, you will be charged the fee. Keep in mind that only one person has to show up to avoid the fee, so if part of your party still wants to dine there, they can keep the reservation and you won't be charged for the portion who don't show up.

Yes most likely you will be charged the fee. As super snoop stated you were informed of the fee when you booked. This is the exact circumstance that led to the fee in the first place

Canceling it online virtually guarantees the fee. If you call, you have a chance.
Some DISers have avoided the fee when they booked another restaurant in replacement for the cancelled one, others have had success by rescheduling the same-day reservation for a different (and thus cancellable) day. I've also read here that the latter loophole may have been closed, but that was anecdotal.

This past July I called day-of to reschedule because of a thunderstorm making travel difficult (I wanted to change to something nearby), and the CM said I'd be charged if I made the change due to their policy. Ended up keeping the reservation & managed to get there after rain died down.

1) The No-Show-Penalty can be assessed if you cancel same-day.
2) It is strictly up to the eatery manager (at closing time) if you are charged.
3) You can stop by the eatery and ask the SEATER (aka, host/hostess) at the podium for an exception.
4) If you do not show, the SESTER will hit the code-key on the computer and you are flagged for the penalty
5) He/she can also note it on the ressie, and the manager at the end of the day may honor the request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter