Another borrowing question..please clarify.

E

eeyoresmom

I swear I understood all this when I bought:blush: I have a Dec UY. If I book a stay at my home resort in October (before my points are actually available ) for 11 months out, am I borrowing?:confused3 If so,is the only way to avoid this is wait until Dec 1 to make any reservations?? TIA

If I understand your question correctly, you are saying your points will be available December 1, 2007, but you want to call in October, 2007 to make a reservation for September, 2008. If that is what you are really saying, then no, you will not be borrowing the points because the reservation using those points will be in your 2007 use year.

I swear I understood all this when I bought:blush: I have a Dec UY. If I book a stay at my home resort in October (before my points are actually available ) for 11 months out, am I borrowing?:confused3 If so,is the only way to avoid this is wait until Dec 1 to make any reservations?? TIA
With a December Use Year:

your '06 UY points are valid for stays from Dec 1, 2006 - Nov 30, 2007
your '07 UY points are valid for stays from Dec 1, 2007 - Nov 30, 2008
your '08 UY points are valid for stays from Dec 1, 2008 - Nov 30, 2009

If you want to book at stay for Oct '07, that falls within your 2006 Use Year so you can use any of the following points to "pay" for that stay: banked '05 points, '06 points, borrowed '07 points.

You can always book at your home resort 11 months prior to your checkout date regardless of your Use Year, and 7 months prior at non-home resorts. You just need to have enough points available in the same Use Year as your vacation dates.

Hope that helps!

With a December Use Year:

your '06 UY points are valid for stays from Dec 1, 2006 - Nov 30, 2007
your '07 UY points are valid for stays from Dec 1, 2007 - Nov 30, 2008
your '08 UY points are valid for stays from Dec 1, 2008 - Nov 30, 2009

If you want to book at stay for Oct '07, that falls within your 2006 Use Year so you can use any of the following points to "pay" for that stay: banked '05 points, '06 points, borrowed '07 points.

You can always book at your home resort 11 months prior to your checkout date regardless of your Use Year, and 7 months prior at non-home resorts. You just need to have enough points available in the same Use Year as your vacation dates.

Hope that helps!

I just bought into SSR with a December Use Year today. Does this mean that I don't have any points available to me now, until the last month of this year?!?!?! That doesn't seem right, but I'm still looking for clarification on this point. Can you answer this? Thanks!

I just bought into SSR with a December Use Year today. Does this mean that I don't have any points available to me now, until the last month of this year?!?!?! That doesn't seem right, but I'm still looking for clarification on this point. Can you answer this? Thanks!
You should be getting Dec '06 points with your purchase. Your guide should be able to confirm this for you. Just give him/her a call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter