• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another AKL upgrade question please

disneymania10

Mouseketeer
I've read a lot on the boards that the AKL will try to upgrade if they can. People who have received an upgrade-at check in did you ask or wait to see your room assignment first in case they already gave you an upgrade? I didn't know if we should just ask when we are checking in to avoid the cast member placing us in our booked standard room only for us to ask if they have an ugrade. I didn't know if this might make them less likely to want to go through all the room changes etc at that point? What does everyone think?? Thanks :earsboy:

I always wait to see. Usually any upgrade will have already happened by the room assignor.

It's worked every time for us (but we'd have been happy with our standard room too)

Don't expect it! :)

Last time we stayed at AKL, the CM at check in said "We've given you a complimentary upgrade to a Savannah view" Woo Hoo! We had a corner king room, with a double balcony. All for $119 night: SWEET!

Two weeks ago, when we checked in , the CM told me he had good news and bad news. Bad news was we didn't get the bunk beds that we requested. Good news, they could put us in a savannah view instead of parking lot. Works for me!!!

Once we were told of an up-grade at check-in. Another time, we were given an upgrade when we asked to have our room changed. We didn't like the location, but we weren't looking for an up-grade either.

Disneymania10,
When my kids and I stayed at AKL I reserved a standard room and we were upgraded to savannah view at check-in. We did'nt ask and I was a little surprised because the resort was pretty full! I'm guessing that upgrades are fairly common, perhaps due to the size of the resort and the large number of savannah view rooms. We were so happy and grateful for the upgrade! Have a fantastic trip and I hope you are sprinkled with pixie dust like we were!
Tricia :flower:

We have been upgraded both times that we have stayed at AKL. We have never asked for it. I know that the 1st time the room had been upgraded in advance and it probably was the 2nd time too.

We have stayed at the AKL twice. Both times we booked savannah view. The first stay we got exactly that. The second stay we were upgraded to deluxe savannah without asking.

First time at AKL, we paid for Savannah View and that is what we got. This last time, we paid for pool view and got upgraded to deluxe pool view.

We were upgraded to savannah 2 weeks ago. We were originally in a standard room but it did not have bunk beds, we requested these but the info wasn't passed on by our travel agent!! When we were moved to the bunk bed room they told us it was a savannah room!

Kathryn

My family booked a standard view. The CM at check-in wasn't very enthusiastic. We all thought she was having a bad day. She basically said "May I help you?' and gave us our room keys. We took our room keys and thought nothing of it. When we got to the room.....WOW. We were so excited to see it was a savannah view! :cool1: They got us though. Now, we will only book Savannah when we stay there!

I wouldn't dream of asking for a savannah view room unless I'm willing to pay for it. I just don't feel right asking for something for free.

That said, we got a savannah and didn't ask :goodvibes

I have stayed at AKL twice. The first time we reserved a standard room and were upgraded (without asking) to pool view. We enjoyed it so much that the second time, we reserved pool view. When we got to the room we couldn't see the pool. We could hear it, but we couldn't see it. When I asked for a room with at least a glimpse of the pool, like I had paid for, I was told that I was paying for pool access, not the view. :confused: I told the CM that the room we were in had no view of the pool, nor of the Savannah so I would consider it a standard view. Her reply? "I would be happy to move you to a standard view". :rolleyes2 We did eventually end up in a Savannah room after agreeing to pay the extra but in the end they didn't charge us extra.

I have stayed at AKL many times and always reserved a standard view and that is what I expect as that is what I have paid for!

I have however, been upgraded every time and have never and would never ask! I am delighted when I get an upgrade and consider it pure bonus.

I think you should book the room you really want and be done with it. :confused3

We went to AKL in March. We booked a standard room and when we go there, the friendly CM at check in just said "We have given you a complimentary upgrade to a Savannah view room." We did not ask at all. We were very greatful though

What are the odds of an upgrade from standard pool to savanah for the first 2 weeks of Aug? I've been reading some threads saying that a lot of people have changed their booking to get the free meal deal. That would make our honeymoon completly wild =) (not that pool view is horrible)

There really aren't odds i dont think. It depends on how full the resort is. I imagine that if they have the rooms they will upgrade but I can't say for certain. If you have your heart on a savannah view room, than I would book it unless you would not be dissappionted if you did not get an upgrade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter