• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

Hi Everyone,
Beth, count me in for Ohana on Friday, 10/3 and for Le Cellier on 10/4. Not sure what I'll do on Sunday because I would like to do the Halloween party that night.
Carolyn and I (and whomever else is interested) are supposed to eat at Boma on 10/6.

Hi Everyone,
Beth, count me in for Ohana on Friday, 10/3 and for Le Cellier on 10/4. Not sure what I'll do on Sunday because I would like to do the Halloween party that night.
Carolyn and I (and whomever else is interested) are supposed to eat at Boma on 10/6.

I forgot all about Boma and I love that place. What time do we eat?

Where are you staying? I need to record this stuff on my calendar before I forget more. It's getting closer! Woohoo!

Hi Carolyn,
I'm staying at the Yacht Club. Our reservation at Boma is kind of early, 4:40 although I have found that you generally don't get seated right away there. We'll probably be seated closer to 5:30. Hope that time is good for you.

Hi Carolyn,
I'm staying at the Yacht Club. Our reservation at Boma is kind of early, 4:40 although I have found that you generally don't get seated right away there. We'll probably be seated closer to 5:30. Hope that time is good for you.

This site keeps logging me out. It's becoming irritating.

4:40 is fine with me. I'll plan my eating accordingly. I want to be hungry when I get there.

I'm putting everything on my calendar so I won't forget anything I've committed to do.

Describe the carriage ride. I've never heard of it.

I tried to get some more info about the carriage ride when I made the reservation. The CM I spoke to said he had never done it himself but that it begain booking very quickly as soon as it was available. It's a carriage ride (used to be a hayride) through Fort Wilderness. I'm guessing that they have props set up in the forest, maybe people also, who pop out and scare you along the way. I don't know how long it is but they are scheduled hourly and three carriages go out every hour. There is some information on the DIS site. Im going to check other sites and I'll post again if I find more information.

homies it is now wednesday and i doubt i will be on very much today.

i will check back for any messages or pm's directed to me before i take off.

i leave thursday with car service at 5 am.
i'll get up at 4 to pack my junk together.

i hope we can all connect together, even the ones i haven't heard from.

i listed my adr's.
in case you didn't respond to any of them, do know that you will be welcomed to join us at any time.

i have some cell numbers and if i call you and get your voice mail, i'll leave a time and date i called.
don't want to have you suffer from phone tag....:laughing:

my flight does not leave chgo until 8:15 am but i have to be there early for security. it is a pain to use that airport but i have no choice this time.
already have my ticket...my flight should arrive 11:50 bar any delays.
i expect to be at my resort around 1ish as i have a grocery stop scheduled with my car service from mco.

this is my good bye note to you all.
i will check in sometime tomorrow to catch any messages i need to know.

see ya' in the motherland!

I'm finally getting back to normal. The trip was great. I just wish I'd had more time. The trip just went too fast. It was great seeing Pat & Beth again. It's was also nice meeting Alisa & Elaine. I guess Beth will be on her way home tomorrow.

Alisa, I'll search out your review on the PFTS so I can grab the food info. If you don't do one be sure to send your pics so I can figure out what I ate! :)

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to say Hello and it was great meeting Pat, Beth and Carolyn. It is nice to know there are others out there who love Disney. I enjoyed sharing a meal, a ride and chatting with you ladies. Maybe I'll see you next fall. I enjoy going while the Food and Wine Festival is going on so I 'll keep an eye out for your posts to see if you gals are going again.

hello homies..........
i got back home late on monday night.

today i am trying to organize my junk i brought back.

yesterday was dedicated to laundry since the other 4 male adults in the house forgot how to turn the washing machine on...........:laughing:

i booked the bounceback before i left.
my dates for the motherland next year will be sept 30 - oct 8, then to the darkside for 5 nights for HHN.

if anyone will be there during that time period, i will making my adr's in march. give me a holler if you want to share a meal and if you have a particular place in mind.

if anyone does a trippie, post it over here also please.
sometimes i can't find everything.
the DIS is a big place......:rolleyes1

it was fantastic to meet so many of you!
i really enjoyed our times together.
with some it was rides, meals or just walking around and talking disney.
such a wonderful way to spend time at the motherland with other disney lovers.

thanks pat, everyone else get back safe and sound??

i'll spend this winter trying to figure out where i want to make my adrs for next fall trip.....:laughing:

homies,
who is on for a repeat for 2009?

anyone else book the bounceback when they were there this last time?

I'll be at the motherland at my home away from home resort again at the end of september. will be there for 8 nights this time.

will our fearless leader pat start the thread again?
will the gang be back together for another round of eats and rides?
stay tuned for another adventure at the motherland.......

i'm ready to go back and ride the rides again and eat until i burst.

i'll be making my adr's in late march next year.....

Yay Beth! I was bummed that my trip only overlapped yours by a couple days. It would be awesome to hang with my fellow DISers again next year.

I've been working like a crazy woman since I got back. It's a brand new role within my company and the good news is that it gives me much more vacation flexibility than I had as an Account Executive :)

I'm booked on the bounceback and plan to add a few days on to each end. So, right now, my (tentative) plan is:

24 to 28 September at AKL (I'm doing the EEC again)
29 September to 7 October at Pop Century
8 to 11 October at either Boardwalk or Beach Club

Shirley will likely be leaving that first weekend in October so I'll get a whole week to hang out at the Food & Wine Festival or do whatever the heck I want! Yay!!

hey homie, so good to see you here.

there is one thing i am tossing around to do is the 7 hour tour of 3 of the parks.
i think it is $200, but a discount if you have the disney visa or ap.

i have taken over tours at disney but not this one.
i need to read up on some of the reviews that have been posted about this tour.

anyone know anything about that 7 hour tour?

hey with shirley leaving early, she'll miss out on all the fun!

LOL! Fun is definitely NOT Shirley's middle name. If I was going to have to spend more that a few days rooming with her, I was seriously considering telling her I couldn't go next year.

I almost did that tour last month. Only reason I didn't was that I had already crammed so much into one trip. I did the Segway Around The World Tour instead. I'm also looking into getting Open Water certified so I can do the DiveQuest tour.

i believe i can start booking my adrs in march.
alisa is going to be at the motherland about five days before me.

either one of us can make the adr's for the group in march.

why don't you start the new thread at least a month prior to that?

this way, we can get an idea of who wants to eat where for the fall trip.

i know not everyone will be there on the same dates. if we have quite a few already aware of their dates at disney, we could coordinate it better this time around.

also, when we make adr's, we can add more numbers to them so the gals that join in at the last minute or sometime in the months prior will have a spot with us.

i forget who likes to eat where.
i do remember that pat and carolyn really like boma for dinner.

if there are favorite places, list them here ladies.

i do think i want to take the backstage tour one day.
i can book it before the group is all at disney if no one is interested in doing that tour. or, if others are interested, i can book the tour when others have the day available. the tour starts in the morning so the late afternoon would be freed up to dine with the others.

this will be so much fun!

and, i'll be getting my pass again.

pat, i think starting the thread early would be a good thing.
maybe you could start out the new thread with a time period listed.
alisa and i have already booked out dates.
are you flexible with dates in that time period we are in?

i'll send a pm to carolyn and dislainey and tell them to figure out their dates for the fall 09 motherland trip.

i think it was 5 of us that ended up mostly together or at least with one in the group most of the time.

we can start with our core group and see if we can pick up more homies along the way.

alisa, through your ideas out here too..

pat,
i have a suggestion.

when you start the new thread, do 2 more posts after that to hold them for future information.

after you post your initial message about a dis meet, title the next post,
list of disers going and their dates.

then do another post and list the adr's.
i know you won't have adr's when you first start the thread but just state in that post, look here for future adr plans.

this way, we can always go back to the first page to see who is going, and when we are going to eat.
any newbies that come along can check out the schedule.
we might get some disers to join in for a meal or some rides then.

you could also hold the 4th post in the thread for activities.
mnsshp/ tours/ horseback riding/ dtd/ illuminations, etc.

just a thought i wanted to pass on to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter