Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

Welcome back from your trip Macraven. Sorry Disneydeeva but I don't arrive until the 5th so no PFTS for me. I am still willing to meet up but I thought I was highjacking on a group that already had previous plans when I first posted to this thread.

I bet you guys thought I dropped off the face of the earth. I nearly did! :) I just realized how close it was until time for the F & W festival, I really need a vacation, so I'm booking tonight. They still have tickets to the 10/4 party for the senses so I'm booking that tonight too. Anyone still going? I have lots to read to catch up but I'm planning on arrival on 10/2 and leaving 10/8. If you have room for me at any planned meals (except Saturday night) or activities, please invite me to join you. I'll try to get up to speed today or tomorrow.

Carolyn

Carolyn!!! We thought we had lost you. I'm still up in the air about the trip because of recent medical issues. But Macraven is definitely still on. I hope she sees your post and joins in. I'll keep everyone posted about my situation as we get closer.

I'm still on, but I will be leaving Sunday afternoon to go home.:sad2:

Macraven has made reservations at several restaurants. I know Friday night, 9/26 is Ohana and I think there was still room. You should try to PM her as she isn't getting the notifications when someone posts on this thread.

Cindy:thumbsup2

i received a call from disney dining.

they had to cancel some on my adr's as some are changing or closing.

this is what i have so far.
i can add, subtract from the number of people depending on who is in.

Friday Oct 3: Ohana/ 7:05/ party of 2

Saturday Oct 4: LeCellier/ 7:15/ party of 3

Sunday Oct 5: Garden Grill/ 11:20/ party of 3
Sci Fi/ 7:00/ party of 3

Monday Oct 6: Crystal Palace/ 4:45/ party of 3

Tuesday Oct 7: Ohana/ 5:00/ party of 3

Wednesday Oct 8: San Angel Inn/ 11:30/ party of 2
Kona/ 6:25 / party of 2

i figured since i have only heard from Pat, i should make my adr numbers smaller in case i have to readjust any to one person. that way, i would not be losing my adrs completely when i switch them to only me if no one else is interested in them.

but, i can always cancel some of them out if any of you have other adr's that are better.......well, tastier........:laughing:

forgot to add: i have not received any of the email notifications for subscriptions when someone posts since june.
i check back here on occasion to find out if any news are posted.

still not getting my email notifications but trying to check in here twice a day by going thru the user cp link.

ok, have cindy for ohana on friday and le cellier for saturday.

carolyn, do you want in for ohana also for that friday?
i'm doing a repeat on that place again on the 8th/tuesday.

if anyone else is interested,let me know so we can exchange cell #'s.

doing a repeat on the adr's i have so you don't have to go back and find them on another page.

and yes, carloyn, i thought you dropped off the face of the earth.
we had a great time at kona's for dinner together 2 years back.
and last year pat and i did kona for dinner also.

Truthfully, I had kinda figured everyone has disappeared with the wind. I went ahead and signed up for PFTS on the 4th. I'm determined to do it this year...even if I have to do it alone :sad2:

Tomorrow, I do the single digit dance. Plans are all made, fees all paid and packing has begun! :cool1:

Welcome back from your trip Macraven. Sorry Disneydeeva but I don't arrive until the 5th so no PFTS for me. I am still willing to meet up but I thought I was highjacking on a group that already had previous plans when I first posted to this thread.

looks there is a match for that saturday for carolyn and disneydeeva!

woo hoo!!

dislainey, no you are not hijacking the thread or group.
we love gals that want to get together at the motherland.

2 years ago there was a thread for a disney trip for women only.
that is where i met carolyn and pat.
carolyn and i shared a dinner one night but pat and i only meet through the list.
last year pat and i met up and did our meals together.
during the day we both went our own ways and on some of the days, we did the parks together.

i'm crazy for mgm/dhs and not that many people are.
i think pat did the horses on that day when i did that park.
we kept in touch by cell while at the parks.
it worked out fine.

i figured that can be done again.
if you have plans to do a certain park on one day, then do it.
meet up later for dinner or lunch or spend time at a park together.

i realized many are going with friends and family.
i go solo so i am flexible with my time there.

CIMG3466.jpg
[/QUOTE]

a pic of pat and myself from last years mnsshp

i'm the blonde and pat is the brunette.

so for those that see me, you know what i look like now.
cindy..........will be seeing you at two of the adr's set up

Hi Macraven ... If you have room at the table on Tuesday, Oct. 7th @ Ohana's I would love to join you. Are you doing this early so that you can go to MNSSHP? I have never been but I am thinking about going and this location would really work out.

If anyone is going to MNSSHP, what night did you decide on? I'm guessing that it's Tuesday since there is an ADR at Ohana for that night.

I've checked airfares for Oct 4 since I haven't booked anything yet. My husband feels that I should go on this trip so I will make a decision tonight and book first thing tomorrow morninig. Will let you all know.

Come on Pat, you have to come. You & Mac started this. I booked and paid for my hotel, tickets, air, and PFTS tickets last night. No stopping me now. I arrive on Thursday, 10/2 before lunch time and leave Wednesday, 10/8 around 5pm. I'm staying at the POP and was able to take advantage of that great fall offer. I wish I could have managed a longer stay but I'm feeling lucky to get this much time.

D'D' will have company as we experience booze and food of the finest order....or at least it better be for those prices. :rotfl2: If not, that will be one expensive souvenir wine glass. I'll probably drop it and break it and cry all the way home.

Mac, may I join Ohana's on 10/7 at 5pm and SciFi on 10/5 at 7pm? I just love the adult milkshakes at SciFi. It isn't a trip to Studios if I don't have one. I'm going to join D'D' and Shirley for breakfast on the 5th and may try Yak & Yeti with D'D' on the 3rd for a late lunch. I haven't been there yet and I like to try all of them.

Any other food options? I want to check out the F & W seminar schedule too.

Anyway, I'm in and I'm super excited. :yay:

Come on Pat, you have to come. You & Mac started this. I booked and paid for my hotel, tickets, air, and PFTS tickets last night. No stopping me now. I arrive on Thursday, 10/2 before lunch time and leave Wednesday, 10/8 around 5pm. I'm staying at the POP and was able to take advantage of that great fall offer. I wish I could have managed a longer stay but I'm feeling lucky to get this much time.

D'D' will have company as we experience booze and food of the finest order....or at least it better be for those prices. :rotfl2: If not, that will be one expensive souvenir wine glass. I'll probably drop it and break it and cry all the way home.

Mac, may I join Ohana's on 10/7 at 5pm and SciFi on 10/5 at 7pm? I just love the adult milkshakes at SciFi. It isn't a trip to Studios if I don't have one. I'm going to join D'D' and Shirley for breakfast on the 5th and may try Yak & Yeti with D'D' on the 3rd for a late lunch. I haven't been there yet and I like to try all of them.

Me too! I so happy to finally get to do PFTS and not have to go alone!

Hi Macraven ... If you have room at the table on Tuesday, Oct. 7th @ Ohana's I would love to join you. Are you doing this early so that you can go to MNSSHP? I have never been but I am thinking about going and this location would really work out.

that was my thought when i made the adr.
i was reading that the mnsshp would be lighter on sunday oct 5th.

now i don't know what to do.....
i haven't been over to the CB to see any threads for mnsshp meets.

got you penciled in for ohana on the 7th. :goodvibes

If anyone is going to MNSSHP, what night did you decide on? I'm guessing that it's Tuesday since there is an ADR at Ohana for that night.

I've checked airfares for Oct 4 since I haven't booked anything yet. My husband feels that I should go on this trip so I will make a decision tonight and book first thing tomorrow morninig. Will let you all know.

what do you mean you'll make a decision ..........
you started the group up this year, you have to go.....

got you penciled also carolyn...:goodvibes
ohana and the milk shakes at the studios. can't get any better than that.

i read there will be 2 fantasia shows that week.

yak and yeti sounds good.
who all is doing that place?
room for one more??

i booked with the code that came out in the summer.
well, i had booked in january/feb for the room only but switched to the package in august.

now there is another package for disney visa holders.
i need to call in the morning to see if that rate is better than what i have.

yak and yeti sounds good.
who all is doing that place?
room for one more??
if that rate is better than what i have.

Absolutely! I called this morning to make the chage. Disney Dining is weird so I had to book two tables for two (at noon) instead of a table for three or four. But, I'm sure they will seat us together once we check in. I made the ADR earlyish so I can spend the afternoon at Epcot. I hope that lunch at noon is OK with you guys.

I'm so psyched - I figured I would be eating at Y&Y alone and was just going to sit at the bar. YAY!

Hi Ladies. So is anyone from this group going to MNSSHP on Oct. 7 or are you going on a different night? I was going to buy my ticket in advance but I guess I'll wait and buy it the night of the party. Getting excited... the trip isn't far off!

Sorry, I just saw the date on the post above. I definitely wouldn't be there on 10/3 anyway.

so what you are telling us you are ON for the trip now?

goody, goody.....:goodvibes

Hi Ladies. So is anyone from this group going to MNSSHP on Oct. 7 or are you going on a different night? I was going to buy my ticket in advance but I guess I'll wait and buy it the night of the party. Getting excited... the trip isn't far off!

i am torn, i have gone to mnsshp for the last 5 years.
on 2 of the past years, i went to two mnsshp at disney.

i am not sure if the 5th, sunday or the 7th, tuesday would be best.
from what i read on another site, the 5th was highly recommended over the 7th.

i will buy my ticket the day before the mnsshp once i am at the motherland, that way i still get the cheaper cost on it.

someone make a decision here on mnsshp for the group.......:laughing:
i'll go when someone else goes.

i usually go solo to mnsshp except for last year when pat and i went together.

i go to the cb and find out if any dis meet will be on the night i do mnsshp and just meet new people there then. some years it was great and i did some rides with new people and a few years it was a bust. in that case, the group was very tight knit and didn't warm up to new outsiders.

Absolutely! I called this morning to make the chage. Disney Dining is weird so I had to book two tables for two (at noon) instead of a table for three or four. But, I'm sure they will seat us together once we check in. I made the ADR earlyish so I can spend the afternoon at Epcot. I hope that lunch at noon is OK with you guys.

I'm so psyched - I figured I would be eating at Y&Y alone and was just going to sit at the bar. YAY!

i called disney dining this morning and was told not to worry about changing some of the adr's to 4 from 3 people.
they said for ohana i would get a table for 5 without asking if i booked for 3.
sci fi said not a problem also. le cellier said the table i am assigned is for 4 as no 3 seaters there.

i guess it depends on which resturaunt you go to to determine how the tables are set up.

i'm off to allears to read up on the menu for y & y

i believe i sent my cell number to cindy already.
we can exchange numbers later this week in case anything changes while we are down at the motherland.

i remember back in 06, i had an adr for kona in the evening and was expecting 2 disers to meet with me.

i was looking at a lady who was dialing on her cell phone, i was doing the same.

when that gal said hello, i found carolyn!

she was standing a few feet from me so i could hear what she said without using my phone....:laughing:

well, if you don't know what the people look like that you are meeting up with, the cell phone is your best friend.

i posted my and pat's pic so you could get an idea of what we looked like.
we are both in our "mnsshp costume" in that pic.

just to tie up a loose end from a previous comment i made yesterday.

i booked with the QXD code/ solo guest and called disney today to see what the disney visa code QXZ would be.

the visa code is $100. 55 more than what i booked at.

the 24th is the last day you can use the QXD code for the discount in case you haven't booked yet, or want to make a change from one code to another.

i'm off to allears to read up on the menu for y & y

:offtopic:

Mac :wave: I have been eating at Y&Y and had tried all the food in the menu :lmao: but since I love that kind of food I really enjoyed everything... for 1st timers I suggest if you like the duck.. get the duck.. or for variety get the steak and shrimp.. make sure you are hungry when you get there since they give you big portions... and if you are dining around the JJ parade requesto be sitted on the second floor by the window... and for dessert never miss the pineapple on skewers! Yummyoooo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter