• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass verus 10 day pass

These have absolutely nothing to do with DVC. There was never (as far as I know) a discount on NE tickets.

You could buy three two-day tickets today and use them in 20 years. Regular tickets don't expire until they've been used. This six-day ticket would be useful if you would use it for one day a year for the next six years.

Really, I think the 10-day tickets with the water park option were the only real value when it came to NE tickets. It's easy to get three or more trips out of those.

Thanks... Makes sense. Does anyone know what the cost was of the 10 day park hopper with the water parks NE prior to it being discontinued?

We usually visit at least once a year (some years more) for about 4 to 5 days each trip. I find if we stagger our trips we can make very good use from the DVC AP. We currently do not have a DVC AP because this year was our "off" year...meaning we haven't been to WDW since 10/2014 which was our third trip (1/2014; 8/2014; 10/2014) with our AP's. I will purchase AP's later this summer......but not activate until our upcoming November 2015 trip, which will be 5 park days....UT price for 5 day PH is $381.95. We will then plan our 2016 trip to take place before our AP's expire in mid November 2016....meaning probably mid to late October 2016 and we will again use 5 park days on that trip...so UT price for another 5 day PH $381.95 = $763.90 vs. $563.39 DVC AP price. Those two trips...11/2015 and 10/2016 will be our planned trips.....unless we squeeze in a third like we did in 2014.

These have absolutely nothing to do with DVC. There was never (as far as I know) a discount on NE tickets.

You could buy three two-day tickets today and use them in 20 years. Regular tickets don't expire until they've been used. This six-day ticket would be useful if you would use it for one day a year for the next six years.

Really, I think the 10-day tickets with the water park option were the only real value when it came to NE tickets. It's easy to get three or more trips out of those.

That and the park hopper option. Park hopper is my benefit when I use my now stockpiled NE tickets. I may want to do parks 2-3 days out of my trip and I may want to go to MK, AK, DHS for those three days and then have dinner in Epcot, at 8 and close the nights with Illuminations.

So, take 2 NE days with PH and WP&More options - they were I believe $768? Divide by 5 = $153.60 per trip using two park days and 2 extras.

Now do the math to buy 2 days with park hopper and waterparks = $300.33 at today pricing.

For me that's an immediate savings.

Last year I bought the $199 ticket. I was finished after 2 days. I used the last two days for a couple of hours rather than let them go to waste.

I bought myself a boatload of NE tickets in February, plus an annual pass to stockpile should I plan 3 trips inside a year. Now we pretty much just go once a year, but things could also change.

DH & I buy AP's but in general our friends bought 10 day non expiration, some friends even had 2, one for hopping, one non hopping. My friends are the ones who feel the pain of increased prices.

So, 2 of us bought AP's but 8 friends bought the non expiring 10 day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter