Anna & DJ - 4/25/09 TR-Rehearsal Dinner & Fireworks added!

You're back! Your photos look beautiful so far! I'm excited to see more of them! Congratulations again, I'm glad your day was so perfect!

I saw you!! My wedding was the next day and we were headed out to our rehearsal dinner and I watched you take pictures on the lawn and yelled congratulations!
You looked beautiful and had beautiful weather!

Trip Report....

It's all over with and my DH & I could not have asked for anything better. Below will be a vendor review...

Old Key West Resort (From Wed-Thursday) C-
I had some type of allergic reaction to the carpet cleaning product they used & therefore I ended up loosing my voice and barely able to talk on the day of the wedding. Other than that the rooms where great.

Cape May Dinner Thursday night B
We had 32 people and it was crazy, but the food was good.

Epcot French Terrace - Rehearsal Dinner & Fireworks A
Amazing! I was not too happy when my MIL changed from the living seas to the terrace, yet it was better than anything. The guests raved about the ability to go backstage. Then because it was EMHs most of the guests stayed and rode rides till 1AM.

Reverend Jack Day A+
He made our day! The rehearsal & wedding went without any issues. All of our guests thought we had known him for a longtime & he was great when I wanted my brother to read during the ceremony!

The Grand Floridian Spa D
I was very disappointed in this, as I totally was looking forward to it. Friday my Mom, MOH, MIL & myself had Mani/Pedis.... Well they rushed us as they ran behind and had more appts after us. Then Saturday we are getting ready & I look at my ring to see that my French on 3 nails is chipped already! They did send someone over to the room in 30 mins to fix, but by the end of the day I had 5 more nails that had chipped! For as much as they cost 125 for both I was not a happy camper.

Disney Florist A-
Amazing! our bouquets & the flower balls where great. When speaking with Elizabeth M at our planning session she did not have anything I truly liked so we created... And man it was exactly what I had in my head. The only thing I notices wrong was for our staged exit & ceremony petals, we had blue & yellow flowers my colors where blue & green. No biggie & I think i was the only one that noticed.

Outside Videographer - Rhodes Studios from Orlando, FL
Outside Photographer - Jess Cumbie from Jacksonville, FL
both where great & waiting to see everything before I rate.

Disney DJ- Steve Weinstein A
We really did not give him any music just the basics & if you have looked at our pictures you could see that everyone danced all night long! He did a great job of reading the crowd.

The Grand Floridian Resort & Staff (Friday-Sunday) A+
We could not have asked for anything better. The hotel staff, accommodated everything, including finding my a pair of white flip flops from Target to bringing the family drinks by the pool on Saturday. Then for t eh wedding the staff was great. I have had so many people tell us how they tipped their waiter, bartender, etc. I will include food in this... 'the best wedding food ever' that is what we have been told! from the salads made table side to the steaks & seafood that where cooked perfectly.

Diane Bowen A
our coordinator was great. My family is hard to deal with and she handled everyone amazing & if there were any issues my DH & I didnt know about them, which is how is should be!

I think that's all. My DH & I were not totally sure how things would work out, but we are happier than we ever could have been and will remember this weekend forever!

And we are off....
It's Wednesday morning & I have been dressed & packed since 7 & we arent leaving till 11... Myself, Mom, MOH & MOH's Mom all had spray tans Tuesday night & man as you can tell from the pictures we were pretty dark. Thankfully by Saturday it was perfect!

So my Mom, Dad, MOH, & G'ma all headed down to Disney to hand out our welcome bags & give the wedding stuff to Diane.
Champagne in hand ready to have fun with my MOH!
P4210318.jpg

So we drove around to 4 resorts & the WP to deliver all the bags that went great. The bags where reusable shopping bags inside we had water, 2 snacks, hand made wedding chocolates, antibacterial, gum, mints, tissues. sunscreen stick, and bath scrub. The guests loved them!
P4150310.jpg

P4150308.jpg

oh and for those guests with kids I ordered trading pins from Ebay and gave some pins to the kids.
P4150311.jpg

We went to check into The Old Key West, my parents stayed here from Wednesday-Friday. Went to Publix to get some food for dinner (we were suppose to eat at Wilderness Lodge, but I was in the mood to veg out) and wait for my DF & brother.
My Dad, DH, & MOH hanging out
P4220334.jpg

So that night we had dinner at the hotel & walked around the boardwalk and over to the Beach Club for a bit, before taking the boat back across.
P4220342.jpg

THURSDAY--- Epcot & Dinner @ Cape May
Got up Thursday fixed breakfast and hit Epcot. I must say I was very proud of myself. DH & I had 4 day FL resident Hopper passes that expired in Feb with 1 day left. My family has passes & we didnt want to activate our Annuals yet so over to guest services we went. Some how I managed to talk the lady into giving us 2 day, hopper passes with no expiration date all for the price of making our old passes no expiration = $54.76!! That was our dust for the day I think.
Enjoying the wonderful day...
P4220343.jpg

After having a great day in Epcot back to the hotel we went. Thursday night about 30 of our friends and family met to have dinner @ Cape May Cafe. It was great to have everyone there, but I was sick and did not have a voice so after dinner off to bed I went.
DH & i @ dinner.
P4230355.jpg

FRIDAY- Mani/Pedi's, relaxing by the pool, Rehearsal Dinner & Fireworks

My MOH & I went for a run and had breakfast, much needed! Then Myself, Mom, MIL, & MOH headed over to the Grand's Spa. My Dad brought us over some champagne to sip on while we were pampered.
P4230361.jpg

When all us girls got out we found a ton of family at the pool so we joined...
P4240369.jpg

P4240374.jpg

Up Next the Rehearsal Dinner & Fireworks...

Hi Anna, I posted on your other thread but wasn't sure if you'd see it there. I absolutely love your dress! You looked beautiful!! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me the designer and style number/name of it? I have been trying to find it on the internet, and no luck! Thanks! Congrats!! Marissa

Rehearsal Dinner!!!! Sorry its been so long for me to update my TR.

We got back from our HM, I posted the beginning of TR, and 2 weeks later on a Friday afternoon I had a conference call where my employer of 3 years closed their doors without giving any of us any notice. So i have spent the last 1-2 months, interviewing finding a new job and trying to get my new job up and running!

Friday after we all hung out by the pool, everyone went to shower and meet at the Wedding Pavilion @ 5 for Rehearsal!

Right when we walked in the door... Look at how cute my FG was!!!! For her gift I sent her to the Bippity boppity boutique experience and she was Giselle from Enchanted, which I thought was so fitting!
P4240378.jpg

the groom, looking like he was ready! ( I think)
IMG_0151.jpg

Rev. Day, was AMAZING!!! We had fun at the rehearsal and it set a great tone for the rest of the evening! So I was told its bad luck for the bride to go through the rehearsal with her groom, so I had the groomsman's wife (our good friends) stand in for me. Below are some fun pictures. Oh, and my photographer Jess Cumbie & her husband Wes came and shot the entire event! So worth it!!! Practice Makes Perfect & we practiced twice:)
IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

IMG_7546.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg

And we are off to the Rehearsal Dinner & Illuminations Fireworks at Epcot's French Upper Terrace. Since our wedding was destination we invited all 150 guest to the RD, plus its a once in a lifetime thing for most and such and awesome thing to share! so we had the buses pick everyone up from their hotels for a great evening!

When we arrived backstage our guide met with us and led the way. He was great and ended up being with us all night which was cool:)
IMG_7686.jpg

I look like I was pulling my DH... I was so excited!
IMG_7685.jpg

The awesome area
IMG_7689.jpg

Our centerpieces during the day. They were 3 gel cylinders with our wedding colors, blue & green, then we added the yellow for some extra color, with black linens. Simple but perfect for this event because there was so much going on all around to look at.
IMG_7694.jpg

Food... aww by far one of the best reasons for a Disney wedding! We had an Anti-pasta station, Pasta station, Fajita station, Ham & Roast beef carving station, and for dessert right before the fireworks an ice cream sundae bar! totally amazing!
IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

All the people waiting to watch the fireworks...
IMG_7764.jpg

My girls:)
IMG_7765.jpg

the Sun is down and let the show begin... Well 1st I is the centerpieces again in the dark, so cool! and all the countries are so pretty, I love looking at these pictures!
IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

The AAR at night, so pretty!
IMG_0261.jpg

The Fireworks!!! So DH & I didnt get to see the show and we planning to go back! But all of our guests loved it! By far a big it!
IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_7888.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7941.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

After the show we had the Terrace till 10:30 with open bar & dessert so everyone chatted a bit more. That night Epcot was open till 1AM, so over half of our guests went and did the park. I am told they all had a blast. DH & I went back to the hotel, as you can see in this picture the bus was not full!
P4240380.jpg

I went off to bed since I still was not feeling 100%, while my DH & some others went to the GF bar for a bit.

Up next Wedding Day!!

Wow everything looks great, the RD looks like a lot of fun. Congrats, can't wait to read the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter