Anna & DJ - 4/25/09 TR-Rehearsal Dinner & Fireworks added!

Discussion in 'Planning our Happily Ever After' started by Anna2984, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Anna2984

Anna2984 Mouseketeer

Okay, so hear we go....

This is Anna & DJ's Planning Journal for our DFTW on April 25, 2009. A 5PM Ceremony @ the Wedding Pavilion w/ the Grand Ballroom in the Grand Floridian for the Reception, and our grand exit on the Grand 1 Yacht! Yeah I am so excited!!!

We are having about 150 guests with all coming from out of town. DJ & I, along with our direct families live in Gainesville, FL...only 2 hrs from Disney.

We really dont have a theme yet. I do know that our colors will be a Sea Foam Green & a Tealish Blue, when they are together they pop. I am hoping to find the the BM dresses @ JCrew (the green) tea length & the men a nice clean grey suit with green shirts & DJ in a white shirt.

Oh & I have my dress it came in last week. The designer is a Bride 2 Be & it's a total Princess Dresses. I will post pics soon...

Cant wait to share more with everyone & I am sure I have left out a ton. Talk with everyone soon!
    Anna

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Welcome to the boards!! Can't wait to hear all your details!!!

4. kayleighnik

kayleighnik Mouseketeer

Welcome! Can't wait to see pics!

Kayleigh x

5. tiggerrifficheidi

tiggerrifficheidi DIS Veteran

What a great idea to exit on the Grand 1!!!:yay:

Can't wait to hear more!

6. IndyBride

IndyBride DIS Veteran

Welcome to the boards!!! Our weddings are very close. I can't wait to see some of your details!

7. Anna2984

Anna2984 Mouseketeer

Thank you to all of the nice welcomes!!!

So we have updated & added some things.... (we just got back from meeting with our Consultant and doing a final walk through for all of the locations-a day trip)

The Whitehall room & Patio for a Pre-Reception area & the Marina area for Fireworks & Drinks, then our exit from there. I am pretty sure we are doing the Welcome Dinner @ the Living Seas, (have to take the FILs down there next month to make sure & show them everything)

Oh and I met to say earlier, I am up for any suggestions on the Ballroom decorations for the GF. I did not really want a ballroom but this was the best for everything else we wanted to do. To make it worse I really am not up for the traditional foral centerpieces. Suggestions??

Cant wait & I promise to post some pics soon. (my Mom has them all on her computer).

8. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

We had our pre reception at whitehall room and patio and the reception in a ballroom. Let me know if you want links to my pics to get ideas!

9. Anna2984

Anna2984 Mouseketeer

I would love some! thank you. Can you send it in a PM or over email?

10. padisneyfour

padisneyfour DIS Veteran

welcome and congrats! Your plans sound awesome! Looking forward to hearing more...:goodvibes

11. Anna2984

Anna2984 Mouseketeer

K so here is my dress this is the sample I tried on, oh and yes my eyes are closed:goodvibes

but hope you like! oh its a Bride 2 Be

[​IMG]

the back with the veil... I was orginally thinking this length but I want to try a long long one, umm I Think its a Cathedral length
    [​IMG]

and these are the shoes I want...but they are $200 bucks! and I have a very hard time spending that...
    [​IMG]

12. MegKate

MegKate 2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do

Oh I love that dress - so perfect for a DFTW! :)

I had to laugh - underneath your picture Kodak gives options if you want the picture you're viewing on a mug or mousepad. As much as I like the shoes you tried on, I'll pass on the mug! :rotfl2:

But keep on posting - I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

13. camara381

camara381 DIS Veteran

Hi!!! Welcome to the borads, I just found your PJ. I can't wait to hear all the details. Love the dress!!!!! The Shoes go perfect with it!

14. padisneyfour

padisneyfour DIS Veteran

welcome and congrats. Your dress looks beautiful! congrats on finding the dress! looking forward to hearing more of your plans.:goodvibes

15. Pinkerbell1983

Pinkerbell1983 I

Welcome to the boards and congratulations :goodvibes

Your dress is absolutely beautiful. I may sound really dumb here, but what is the grand 1 yacht? I don't get it!!! :confused3 :confused:

16. tiggerrifficheidi

I love the shoes!! Were they comfy? Where did you find them? Sorry I'm being so nosy :rotfl:

17. Anna2984

Anna2984 Mouseketeer

Thanks I love them too. Yes, they are super comfy & actually you could wear them with a black c-tail dress or jeans with a cute top. The desginer is Grazia Shoes, style: Vanessa. I found them @ Solutions Bridal (where I got my dress) in Gainesville, FL. They have a website if you just enter that in the yahoo bar.

Pinkerbell1983--- Yes the Grand 1 is the Yacht that stays @ the GF Marina. We are doinng our "grand" exit on that & just spending 1 hour just us to relax & take everything in.

18. DisneyBrideToni

DisneyBrideToni <font color=deeppink>Proud BLT DVC Owner<br><font

I love your dress and shoes!!!!! They are both beautiful! I agree with you it is a princess dress!

19. Disney Ron

Disney Ron It's not a lie, if you believe it.

Love, love, love the shoes....splurge !!!! It is your special day.
    Not something I would normally invest in, but to complete your fabulous look...I say go for the shoes. They are not like anything I have seen so well worth it, very princessy!

:bride: Mrs. Disney Ron

20. Anna2984

Anna2984 Mouseketeer

So I have totally amde up my mind to splurge for the shoes!

Wedding Day Jewerly:... having it made with drop pearls & diamonds w/ a matching braclet. No necklace b/c my dress is to much for that.

Hair: Half up & half down. I have pretty curely hair so it looks best up or I have this is poof on my head.

BM Dress: Shopping Sept 28th for them! Yeah Cant Wait!

GM-they will have gray suits with green shirts to match BM, but the Groom will have white shirt.

Oh updates on the timeline...

Welcome Dinner (Friday night)
    Living Seas 6pm-11pm
    85-90 people

Wedding Day 4/25/09
    aprox. 150 people
    3pm-Groom family pics, then Brides (we arent seeing each other)
    5pm- WP Ceremony
    5:30-6:30-Whithall room/patio (pre-reception)
    6:30-11- GF Grand Ballroom w/ DJ
    @ 10- we are having the Marina available w/ a "dessert party" to watch the fireworks, but we are allowing for cake, drinks, & coffee to all be brought outside to watch.
    11pm-Grand Exit on the Grand 1 Yacht (a nice hour to look back & take it all in)

We are going for our planning session the middle of Oct! Cant wait

21. tiggerrifficheidi

Good job on the shoes! It's totally worth the splurge!