• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anjanette & Jason Disneyland Hotel PJ (May 8, 2010) -- We're back! 5/15

:hug: Sorry for the budget woes! I know I'll be feeling that once it's closer to our date, as we need to stick as close to the disney budget as possible and my parents have alotted only a few $k more than the disney budget and that needs to include my dress and hopefully our flights!

I love the layout of the room and your seating plans!! Eeee, I can't wait to do stuff that real!

And $2k?!?!? Give me $100 and I'll hing some fairy lights and material for you! :lmao:

(Also you are SO lucky living in SoCal! I went to UCLA for a semester and miss it most days!)

Eh, I know how you're feeling, my budget is $20 000 too, and I have no idea how some brides do it for less then that! :eek:

My budget is supposed to include the wedding stuff, plus the honeymoon stuff, plus us getting to WDW and our accomm. Really if I think about it, it's going to have to also include our food and spending money too :scared: yeesh, here's hoping that some lovely family members will step in and offer to help pay for some things...

I don't think they will though, because I seem to remember saying something along the lines of "we don't want you to pay for our wedding, we just want you to be there" :sad2::lmao:

Awe hun the whole budget thing is a real pain in the butt! And it gives such headaches doesn't it?:headache: The only advice I can give you is make a list of everything that is important to you and your man to have for your wedding.... photo, floral, food, music, and all the little extras. Once you have that list go through and re-arrange it so that the most important things to you guys are to the top and the least important are on the bottom. Whatever is on the bottom either nix or try to find a more economical alternative. This is all easier said than done... BELIEVE ME!!! :rolleyes: But when it comes to budgeting it helped alittle bit for us.

HTH :goodvibes

Hey Hun!

Big :hug:s for the budget issues..... They are absolutely horrible, aren't they?? The only advice I can give is for you and your DF to make a 'top 3' list... Pick the 3 things in the wedding that are the most important to you (Floral, Entertainment, Photography, whatever) and work around your budget from there. Priorisation is the key with budgets.... We picked our most important things and worked on the budget from there... If you work at it from scratch, you'd be amazed what you can cut.... :hug: I hope it all works out for you!! :hug:

Love you!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Oh so sorry to hear you are having budget issues. I am sure it will work out...but I can understand. I think some of the stuff Disney charges for is RIDICULOUS!! $2k for lighting...that's insane!

I just want to say that I absolutely love all you girls!!! :grouphug: As stressed as I am, reading all the support I have from you lovely ladies lets me know I'm by no means alone. So thank you! And thanks for your constant flow of advice! I don't know where I'd be with my planning without you all. :goodvibes :worship:

ALSO! Welcome princess22 and Princess Sarah 92! Thank you so much for reading and the kind words! :hug:

Trying to get myself focused on the happier aspects of planning, I decided to find a way to reobtain Adobe Photoshop CS4. I used to have it on my computer, but a nasty virus ate it a while back and um... my Photoshop copy wasn't a law-abiding copy so to speak... so I lost it.

Why am I talking about this? Oh, you shall see! So today, I went to Adobe's website and downloaded the 30 day trial. That's all I needed! I got to work on making a monogram/logo for the wedding! I designed it mostly for one of the tiers our of wedding cake, but we shall see if I can include it elsewhere.

I'd love to know what you guys think of it! It's been a good long while since I created something from scratch with Photoshop, so please be kind. ;)

adjlogo.jpg

Ooh, I like it! :lovestruc Personally I'd try and make your names a little more scrolly/curly, but the "&" looks perfect, so that would probably stuff it up... :confused3

Oooh, I love it Anjanette! I think I'd go for a different font on the 'D' but otherwise it's great!! Well done! Way better than I could do on PS!

I think your Monogram looks gorgeous my Darling!! :lovestruc

Bob xoxoox

Hey ther girl, hang in there with the budget woes, I know you'll make it work :) Let us know how we can help, offering DIY ideas to cut costs etc etc. I actually bought 100 invitations to go the DIY route last night at Target for $60 with response cards and envelopes, so that is saving me some $$ (about $340 before postage!) So little things will add up to make a huge savings.

I love the layout of the reception room btw! It will have such a nice flow to it! And your monogram omg I love it, perfect perfect perfect :goodvibes

Ooh, I like it! :lovestruc Personally I'd try and make your names a little more scrolly/curly, but the "&" looks perfect, so that would probably stuff it up... :confused3

Oooh, I love it Anjanette! I think I'd go for a different font on the 'D' but otherwise it's great!! Well done! Way better than I could do on PS!

o0o0o0o I like that ALOT!!!! Very very pretty! Good job girlie:thumbsup2

Anjanette, I think it's perfect! Awesome job!

Oh Anj I love it!! Very beautiful!!

Great job on the monogram! I think it's perfect. I love it!

I think your Monogram looks gorgeous my Darling!! :lovestruc

Bob xoxoox

Hey ther girl, hang in there with the budget woes, I know you'll make it work :) Let us know how we can help, offering DIY ideas to cut costs etc etc. I actually bought 100 invitations to go the DIY route last night at Target for $60 with response cards and envelopes, so that is saving me some $$ (about $340 before postage!) So little things will add up to make a huge savings.

I love the layout of the reception room btw! It will have such a nice flow to it! And your monogram omg I love it, perfect perfect perfect :goodvibes

The monogram is beautiful! Great Job, I love it! :thumbsup2

ooh I really like the monogram!!! Great job!!!

your logo is cute! good job on it :]

Have I mentioned how much I love all of you ladies?! What? Oh, I have?? :rotfl: Well, it needs saying again!!! I LOVE ALL YOU DISBRIDES (present, past and future that is)! :grouphug: You know how to make this Anjanette feel good about her wedding junk. :lmao:

So, thank you my lovelies! I did work hard on it, so I'm happy to hear it's at least mostly aesthetically pleasing!

If any of you needs help with something that I can help out on, please know that I will be happy to! I'm not exceptionally crafty, but I have put in a lot of time tinkering with graphic design.

Browsing Etsy today, I found a necklace I fell in love with that I'm about 99% sure will be my bridal necklace! :lovestruc I think it has a classic and unique look to it, besides being super beautiful. Plus, it should show up nicely in photos!

il_430xN76671022.jpg

il_430xN76671021.jpg

omg i love that necklace!
the flower thing really adds a nice touch
im falling in love with everything you pick out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter