Anjanette & Jason Disneyland Hotel PJ (May 8, 2010) -- We're back! 5/15

Our hair is about the same length. Since your's is long and will be longer, maybe you can have some of it and some down.

Oh, nice! And yeah.. I've given thought to it for sure! I'm so indecisive on how I want my hair. I just know I want it primarily down. I don't want an updo, 'cause I never wear my hair up unless I'm exercising or something. :confused3

If you (or anyone else) happen to find some cute half up/half down bridal do's, I'd love to see 'em!

I love that retro look, it will look really nice on you, not everyone can pull it off. :cutie: Those BM dresses will look nice too, I love your colors.

Not sure if you are going to do a flower in your hair or not, but I am ordering a gardenia from this lady http://www.retroglamourgirl.com/ and they are "real touch" flowers, most of them anyway. She also has an ebay store, which I think has a bit more merchandise. I just thought of it after I saw the hair pics and thought I would share :goodvibes

Just found your PJ and am excited to read about a new Disneyland wedding. I have read some reports of beautiful ceremonies in that locations. I only had a few minutes before bed, but hope to read more soon :goodvibes Congratulations!

I love pin up girls hair. I especially love the ones with the BIG Curl in the front... Kind of like in the last pic. That would be adorable on ya! Cant wait to see a test run!

I looooooooooooove the bridesmaids dresses! They are so pretty!! I hear ya on the colour matching... It's so difficult isn't it?? I just tell myself as long as its roughly in the same area of colour I'll be happy! :laughing: The teal and the purple go beautifully together!

And OMG- Katy Perry is a girl crush for me too!! :laughing: I love her hair, and I adore it in the Hot n Cold vid too! God I wish I looked like Katy Perry! I love the idea of 'pin up bride' hair! It'll look so Rawr and Gorgeous!

Bob xoxoxoxox

those hairstyles look amazing! I have a bit of a girl-crush on Katy Perry too lol! She just rocks ya know! I also like the one with the red rose, very vintage glam:thumbsup2

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:I love that the look you're going for is "bridal pin up girl":lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I LOVE it! Those hair styles are great. I am also going for this sort of look but was calling it "subtle sexy glam" but "bridal pin up girl" is WAY better:lmao: I think the colors will be okay if everything doesn't match exactly... as long as they're in the same color family you should be okay.:thumbsup2 Can you get a swatch from the dress and the vest so you can see them next to each other?

OKAY! First off, I love all you girls! You all make me smile so much! :hug:

I love that retro look, it will look really nice on you, not everyone can pull it off. :cutie: Those BM dresses will look nice too, I love your colors.

Not sure if you are going to do a flower in your hair or not, but I am ordering a gardenia from this lady http://www.retroglamourgirl.com/ and they are "real touch" flowers, most of them anyway. She also has an ebay store, which I think has a bit more merchandise. I just thought of it after I saw the hair pics and thought I would share :goodvibes

I certainly hope I can pull it off! I guess we'll find out for sure when I do some test runs on my hair! And thank you much, Laurie! You're always finding and sharing these great websites! :thumbsup2 I'm not completely sure on what kind of accessory I want in my hair, so I won't rule it out yet!

Just found your PJ and am excited to read about a new Disneyland wedding. I have read some reports of beautiful ceremonies in that locations. I only had a few minutes before bed, but hope to read more soon :goodvibes Congratulations!

Why thank you! And thanks for reading! I love our locations, so I'm hoping it will be beautiful! My DF and I were lucky enough to see a wedding going on there about a month ago. It looked better than I even imagined! :hyper: I can't wait!!

I love pin up girls hair. I especially love the ones with the BIG Curl in the front... Kind of like in the last pic. That would be adorable on ya! Cant wait to see a test run!

Me too!! Ladies of those eras were just so beautiful and classy. I think that's why I'm so attracted to it. I want to have that kind of feel to my bridal look. And thank you, my dear! I can't wait either! ;)

I looooooooooooove the bridesmaids dresses! They are so pretty!! I hear ya on the colour matching... It's so difficult isn't it?? I just tell myself as long as its roughly in the same area of colour I'll be happy! :laughing: The teal and the purple go beautifully together!

And OMG- Katy Perry is a girl crush for me too!! :laughing: I love her hair, and I adore it in the Hot n Cold vid too! God I wish I looked like Katy Perry! I love the idea of 'pin up bride' hair! It'll look so Rawr and Gorgeous!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Thanks doll! I saw those BM dresses and was convinced they were perfect several months ago. ::yes:: The color matching is quite a pain in the hiney, to be certain! It's like you said though... as long as it's roughly the same shades. Lol What can you do? :confused3 Our weddings will be gorgeous regardless of a couple of not-perfectly-matched color shades anyway!

Haha! It's difficult not to have a crush on her! She's so adorable. I wish I looked like her too! P.S. you're beautiful Bob, so stop wishing!

those hairstyles look amazing! I have a bit of a girl-crush on Katy Perry too lol! She just rocks ya know! I also like the one with the red rose, very vintage glam:thumbsup2

Thank you Sam! I loooove :love: those hairstyles! It'll be hard for me to choose! And she does just rock! Beauty, catchy tunes AND a great sense of style... what's not to girl-crush on?! Lol!

Oh I think that "pinup" hair is going to look great with your dress! Good choice!

I appreciate that, dear! I certainly hope it will! :teeth:

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:I love that the look you're going for is "bridal pin up girl":lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I LOVE it! Those hair styles are great. I am also going for this sort of look but was calling it "subtle sexy glam" but "bridal pin up girl" is WAY better:lmao: I think the colors will be okay if everything doesn't match exactly... as long as they're in the same color family you should be okay.:thumbsup2 Can you get a swatch from the dress and the vest so you can see them next to each other?

You are so awesome, Adelia! Lol! We can be "bridal pin up girls" together!!! :lmao: I can definitely see that look being phenomenal on you with the style of dress you want! Oooh! It'd be very old Hollywood starlet! :blush: Pretty pretty!

As for colors - the only differences in the colors are that the groomsmen vests are a darker purple. I might be able to get a swatch from Men's Wearhouse of the guys' stuff, but again, David's Bridal has been a headache to contact. No effing contact information on their website! I've got another story about them, but I'll save it for another day. :headache:

First off, I must apologize for my absence from the boards! My birthday took up part of the time I was gone (Jason took me to DL and we stayed at the DL hotel :cloud9:), and the rest has kept me busy with my studying. BUT! I've missed you ladies! So, even though I don't have much to report at the moment... I've returned! :rotfl:

Truthfully, the biggest news we've had is receiving a couple of things we ordered for the wedding online. DF got his Darth Vader cuff links finally! And, I ordered our sand unity vase set... it's all engraved with our monogram! :lovestruc So cute! I might take pictures of these things if anyone would care to see 'em, that is!

A while back, we went down to David's Bridal and ordered the FG baskets. I had tried numerous times to order them through the website, but I kept getting errors. Apparently, the colors I wanted are being discontinued, so we just barely got them! Unfortunately, the matching RBer pillow is all gone. That's okay though. Since my FGs are going to be wearing white dresses, I wanted to make sure they had some color! They won't arrive until some time in July, but at least we managed to get 'em! :thumbsup2

Let's see... well, we're working on our last three big decisions for the wedding. All we really have left is to get our officiant, videographer, and hash out honeymoon plans! We're making some headway on the first two. Sadly, we can't make any plans for the honeymoon since we're going with the WDW Disneymooning idea now. I don't understand why they don't release prices until the very end of the year. Ugh. :sad2: But one thing we've come to realize, is that we are going to be staying at a moderate Disney resort. We just don't have the fundage to stay at the deluxe hotels. But, I refuse to stay at the value ones... no offense to them, I'm sure they're just fine but it's our honeymoon for pete's sake! Lol!

You'll probably see me asking you all a ton of WDW related questions now that we know that's what we want, so please bear with me! Speaking of which... hehe -- would you guys say that the Disney dining plan is more affordable than not having one? We're trying to figure out where and if we can cut corners anywhere so we DO have enough in our honeymoon budget to stay at the moderate hotels.

Thanks for any tips in advance!! :hug:

OH! I almost forgot one other thing! We're planning to FINALLY take some e-pics!! My FSIL and her husband have this amazing camera, and we're going to ask them to snap some shots of us. It may not be as professional-looking, but we're saving $350 this way. Lol.

Jason and I have been discussing ideas of what 'poses' we'll be in since we're having the e-pic we choose framed and on an easel instead of a guestbook at the wedding.

We don't want the typical sitting on a rock at the beach all cuddly type of pictures... no offense to anyone who has some like that! They're gorgeous, but not befitting of us. We're geeks, and we are geeks in love! So... we're thinking about doing geeky things we enjoy together in these pictures. Such as: me with my guitar controller and him on the drums playing Rock Band, but I lean down to kiss him while doing so. Hehe. Another example being that we have the Force FX light sabers, so maybe a light saber battle. But y'know. Romantic-ish. Etc. and so forth. You get the gist though! Hope you guys aren't giggling too hard at our nerddom!

Now, I'm off to do my Wii Fit and I'll be back to catch up on all your girls' PJ updates soon!

Yay, you're back!

I'm glad you were about to get your baskets, check ebay for the pillow, I'm sure someone has one.

Okay honeymoon, I do have to say thank you to the boards, because I would have never know this overwise, but rent DVC points! I'm not sure how much your budget is or how long you are staying, but I figured out everything to the T, what the actual cost, what kind of discounts could we possibly get. We are staying at the BWV for $800 for 6 nights a studio BW view, now we wanted a standard view because it's cheaper and could have gotten it for $600 if available. BWV and AK are the cheapest of the DVCs, we just picked BWV based on location. Even if you get a 4 for 3 deal for May, it is hard to beat that at a Mod. It's a bit scary trusting a stranger, but we have a contract and she was awesome.

I'll give you more details if you would like, but I'm going to step off my soap box for now. :laughing:

Oh, I don't know if you are doing any DIY stuff, but I was downloading fonts for my invites and I found one that made me think of you. It's kind of Nightmare before Christmas/corpse bride meets elegance, I'll have to give you the name when I get home.

Wohoo, glad to see an update!! Glad you're ok and had a lovely birthday!! I am very excited to see you going to WDW!! You will love it!! Keep us updated!!

Nice to have you back my dear!!!! :hug: I hope you had a lovely birthday! I can't wait to see your honeymoon plans unfold! :goodvibes I've never been to WDW, but I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time!

Bob xoxoxox

Yay, you're back!

I'm glad you were about to get your baskets, check ebay for the pillow, I'm sure someone has one.

Okay honeymoon, I do have to say thank you to the boards, because I would have never know this overwise, but rent DVC points! I'm not sure how much your budget is or how long you are staying, but I figured out everything to the T, what the actual cost, what kind of discounts could we possibly get. We are staying at the BWV for $800 for 6 nights a studio BW view, now we wanted a standard view because it's cheaper and could have gotten it for $600 if available. BWV and AK are the cheapest of the DVCs, we just picked BWV based on location. Even if you get a 4 for 3 deal for May, it is hard to beat that at a Mod. It's a bit scary trusting a stranger, but we have a contract and she was awesome.

I'll give you more details if you would like, but I'm going to step off my soap box for now. :laughing:

Oh, I don't know if you are doing any DIY stuff, but I was downloading fonts for my invites and I found one that made me think of you. It's kind of Nightmare before Christmas/corpse bride meets elegance, I'll have to give you the name when I get home.

You are so freaking helpful, my dear Laurie! What would I do without you?! :hug: I would love for you to tell me more about it! I just figured we would be paying through the nose for any DVC related anything! Our budget for the honeymoon is being provided by his father, and it's roughly $2000. We're not worried about getting spending money for when we're there. That money would be for booking our stay, tickets to the parks, and our flights. We're counting on the money dance and such to give us spending money. :rolleyes1

Sooo, I dunno if it's still doable with our budget. Granted we are okay with spending a bit out of our own pocket if need be to make the arrangements, but if we can avoid it, we will. Lol.

And yay! I've not ruled out the idea of anything DIY, so I'd love to get the name of that font too!

Wohoo, glad to see an update!! Glad you're ok and had a lovely birthday!! I am very excited to see you going to WDW!! You will love it!! Keep us updated!!

It's good to be back! :goodvibes I will most definitely keep you all updated, I promise! I need to go check out the latest on your PJ now! Hehe.

Nice to have you back my dear!!!! :hug: I hope you had a lovely birthday! I can't wait to see your honeymoon plans unfold! :goodvibes I've never been to WDW, but I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time!

Bob xoxoxox

Thanks lovely!! :hug: My birthday was fantastic! I think I'll stop being lazy and post a few photos for you guys to see later! I certainly hope we'll have fun at WDW! Everyone who's been (and a couple of you who haven't now, hehe) are telling us we will, so I'm hopeful!

We don't want the typical sitting on a rock at the beach all cuddly type of pictures... no offense to anyone who has some like that! They're gorgeous, but not befitting of us. We're geeks, and we are geeks in love! So... we're thinking about doing geeky things we enjoy together in these pictures. Such as: me with my guitar controller and him on the drums playing Rock Band, but I lean down to kiss him while doing so. Hehe. Another example being that we have the Force FX light sabers, so maybe a light saber battle. But y'know. Romantic-ish. Etc. and so forth. You get the gist though! Hope you guys aren't giggling too hard at our nerddom!

Now, I'm off to do my Wii Fit and I'll be back to catch up on all your girls' PJ updates soon!

those sounds completely adorable!!! If DH and I had done e-pics...those would have been something we would have done!!! :thumbsup2

those sounds completely adorable!!! If DH and I had done e-pics...those would have been something we would have done!!! :thumbsup2

Why thank you! And you rock!!! :cutie: Hooray for other geeks in love! :woohoo:

I'm hoping the pics will turn out okay, and not too lame! But either way, I will be posting them for all to see here!

Ooh! I can't wait to see the e-pics!!!!

If the weather holds up we might do ours tomorrow.

As promised, the fonts, the top one is the one I was talking about, but I added the bottom one for good measure. If you click on it it will open a larger image.

Okay, the renting DVC, I did check out pointage for you, I like this website for calculating points, but there are more. http://tagrel.com/dvcCompChart.shtml I did not realize that you were not going during value season, so the points to stay will be a bit higher. Plus I don't know how long you are going. You can check out the DVC Rent board on DIS. Pretty much if the resort you want is the DVC's home resort they can book 11 months in advance, if it's not they can book 7 months in advance. The average cost per point is about $10, but you may get lucky and get it for less, I got mine for about 9.40/point.

You definitely have a bit of time, but you can check out the points and see which resort fits in your budget, BWV, AKL, and OKW are the cheapest point wise. BWV standard view rooms make up about 20% of the hotel, so they go quick and if you are on a budget you may not want to fork another couple hundred over for a preferred view.

This website has some good info on renting http://www.mousesavers.com/dvc.html , just scroll done a little bit and there is some info about renting.

That's all I can think of right now, let me know if you have any questions. Oh, you can still do a honeymoon registry when renting, you just need the confirmation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter