• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animals And Creatures Seen In Wdw

We saw this little guy poking his head out from part of the hearse at the HM while we were in line to go in:

PictureWDW130.jpg

I also have this one of two big fish that we saw in the water on the way to the world showcase from future world:

PictureWDW302.jpg

iam impressed you got a picture of those fish. they tend to stay where you can't see them.

I have seen an armadillo , wild pigs, deer, turkeys, gators, snakes. and other typical animals of the area. most of these are from driving around, so no pictures.

We saw a baby gator near the dock at MGM. I don't have a picture unfortunately, but he was gone the next day!

What, not a single person can post a picture of a palmetto bug? I would, but I'm too busy freaking out whenever I see one (and I LIVE in Florida) to grab a camera. Hehehehe.

What, not a single person can post a picture of a palmetto bug? I would, but I'm too busy freaking out whenever I see one (and I LIVE in Florida) to grab a camera. Hehehehe.

thankfully I can say I have never seen one while at Disney

This cute little brown bunny was waiting for us at Pop after we got back from MVMCP in Dec 2006. He was like our own little greeting committee as we walked back to our room around 1:00 a.m. How did he know we were hoping to see a bunny on our trip?

PC210448.jpg

This cute little bunny greets me everyday when I get home! (Sorry - I couldn't post a bunny picture without including one of my own little fluffheads!):)

boys2004012.jpg

Love your Love Bunny!! Thanks for sharing her!

Tom Sawyer's Spider...

I think I will be staying far far away from Tom Sawyer's Island :scared1:
It looks huge!

Is this an armadillo? I've never seen one, but that's my guess.
I would love to post the picture, but I can't figure it out how to do it! It's the turkeys crossing the road right in front of the Golf Club sign.

Thanks for any help!

I haven't ever done it, (but want to on this thread! I'm going to go try soon too) but you first need to host your pictures on a free site like photobucket. When they are on a website, then you can link that here, and that's what shows up. I know there's a detailed description somewhere of how to do it...let me see if I can find it or if someone else posts the link first.

Is this an armadillo? I've never seen one, but that's my guess.

the first couple times we went to WDW in 2003 & 2004 we saw hundreds of armadillos...they were on the sides of the roads and at the resort... we were coming back from one of the parks one night in Jan 04 and walking from the bus stop to the room at CSR my daughter almost stepped on one in the parking lot... it scared her half to death...
the last several times we have been there we haven't seen any:confused3
we thought they were cool, but I read on another thread a while back that Disney somehow got rid of them because they were a problem:confused3 not quite sure what that means

We had a resident bunny that liked to stay right outside our door at POP in May. I got a picture but don't know how to post it. Also saw a mommy duck with her babies walking around the big pool at POP, again picture, but don't know how to post.

By the way, I am glad everyone has confirmed that there are armadillos at WDW. We were riding the Indy Speedway, and I saw something out of the corner of my eye, and sure enough it was an amardillo!! I thought I was hallucinating, because I had never seen one before anywhere at WDW.

Oh yeah, NO MORE TOM SAWYER ISLAND FOR THIS GIRL !! Holy Moly!! That thing made my skin crawl and it was only a picture! AAAAHHHH!!!:scared1:

We saw an armadillo at the all star movies, a massive turtle crossing the road by magic kingdom, all the cars had to stop to let it go by.
Little tiny lizard type things at the pop by the goofy & surfboard statue.

Well I have seen lots and lots of Geckos and birds and BUGS!!

Have a great trip!!! :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter