Animals And Creatures Seen In Wdw

BeHappyInDisney

Earning My Ears
I would like to start a thread showing pictures of the various animals, bugs, etc
that people have come across at WDW at the resorts and the parks.

BRING THEM ON

You can always count on these guys to be hanging around Frontierland!

47b8dc25b3127cceb4e7abc8062c00000026100AaNW7dmzaOWLA

There's an assortment of "wild" house cats that live near and visit the outside dining patio area of Capt. Cook's CS restaurant at the Poly.

They come cautiously out from under the low plants to see what guests may be having for snacks.

I didn't get any photos of them, but there are several different colors of cats who frequent the area.

We have seen several bunny rabbits in parking lots and on paths.... We have seen at three dozen geckos along path ways at various resorts. My kids have so much looking for geckos.

a1.png

Bunnies from Main Street

5-123.png

Bird in Frontierland

1-168.png

Bird in Fantasyland

a.png

Bird on...Walt's head...:)

That bunny pic looks strikingly similar to the bunny we saw at WL. DH took a pic but I am too lazy to post it.
We saw a deer at the entrance to WL when we were in a cab on the way to GF - didn't get a pic of it, though.

There's an assortment of "wild" house cats that live near and visit the outside dining patio area of Capt. Cook's CS restaurant at the Poly.

They come cautiously out from under the low plants to see what guests may be having for snacks.

I didn't get any photos of them, but there are several different colors of cats who frequent the area.

We've seen them! They're so cute! I wonder how the staff feels about them though?

I don't have a picture (darn it), but while we were at CSR a couple of trips ago, we saw a crocodile (or an alligator...pardon my cluelessness...:laughing: ) crawling out of the lake while two janitor CMs stood nearby watching it nervously. :scared1: Needless to say, we hauled it to the buses.

Leaving the Contemporary last week, we came upon three turkeys crossing the road right in front of the Eagle Pines & Osprey Ridge Golf Club. It was such a strange sight, I just had to stop the car and take pictures.

I would love to post the picture, but I can't figure it out how to do it! It's the turkeys crossing the road right in front of the Golf Club sign.

Thanks for any help!

Those would by my cousins the "Feral Cats". :goodvibes

How about this guy
DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Mk right behind the Turkey leg stand. This was from around 2003 or 2004

These guys were from Discovery island in June 2007
P1000744.jpg

And these are my Favs
P1000645.jpg

Bunch of them behind BCV most nights hanging on the walls.

My dh and I were at WDW June 1-6 2007 and the first night we were there, it was the beginning of tropical storm Barry, it was pouring for the first two days and there were the tiniest little frogs I have ever seen, I took a picture with my cell phone but I don't know how to get it on to here, they were so cute and so little, I tried to catch one and take it home to show my kids but I couldn't find them once it stopped raining.

We have always seen little rabbits in Epcot, over by Mission Space, in the little gardens they have in the pathways, and in Magic Kingdom. Once we were leaving Mk for the day and walking up the path to where you load the resort buses and a squirrel shot out from the grassy area and ran across my foot, it like to have scared the crap out of me. Not to mention having our plates dive bombed by birds in Frontierland.

Kim

froggy.jpg

We saw these little frogs too. This one was in the planter under the Tower of Terror Sign.

Sorry the frog picture is so big, I thought I figured out how to make my pictures smaller.

This little guy was hanging out by LeCellier. He was very friendly, a little girl even picked him up even though the CM told her it would not be a good idea.

47b8df37b3127cceb38468487bfe00000026100QctGbRuyZsY

I heard about him. He was put down after guests noticed him and started feeding him. This, in turn, made him more aggressive and less shy.

That day a CM had security come and talk to a few guest that were throwing him Turkey legs. He was of nice size and Thought they would have just relocated but if he was use to having his food brought to him he would find his way back.

We have seen a few over by WWoS as well whe we would play Paintball and one was at BCV in the canal last trip but I didn't have the camera with me that day.

It's sad the people caused him an early dimise if that was the case.

And we liked having the Anoles around so much DD had a few of them for several years here at the House. I just couldn't find any Photos .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter