Animals And Creatures Seen In Wdw

IMG6482ed-L.jpg

This Common Moorhen was by the boat dock in DHS-

DSCF0510.jpg

I'm a birder, so I've taken entire trips to WDW focusing on the birds seen there.

From waaaaay back on the front page, but what a hilariously awesome picture!

As I mentioned elsewhere, my heart belongs to our flight-capable theropod friends. Er, I mean, I like birds. I also live in the northeast, so pretty much everything native to central Florida is exciting to me. Clickie for the big pictures:

11.26.11 - Tampa Seabirds by Babbletrish, on Flickr

Black Skimmers and Laughing Gulls (I think?) in Tampa.

11.26.11 - Tampa Zoo Sandhill Crane by Babbletrish, on Flickr

Sandhill Crane in Tampa

112611tampa10.jpg

Crows playing with a condiment holder thing at a beach bar in Tampa.

ibises.jpg

I don't care what any of you say, Ibises rule.

spoonpoon.jpg

spoonpoon2.jpg

Especially Spoonbills. I have inordinate affection for them.

Say, is it okay if we share drawings in this thread?

No pictures, but we have seen a couple of alligators over the years. We love to see the ducks. There was a mommy and her babies in the water over in Canada by Le Cellier one afternoon. They were so sweet.:goodvibes

Staying at POR this past May was interesting to say the least. In one week we saw a snake on the walkway to our room, and several bunnies in the grass and on walkways, mainly in the mornings. There was also someone getting an alligator out of the river there too.

The craziest thing I have ever seen at Disney was a bobcat.:eek: I was in the laundry mat washing clothes real early one morning and I saw it walk by the door. A couple seconds later I opened the door to do a double check and a guy who was jogging at the time asked if I had seen it. It was gone that fast.:laughing: This was in the AB section in case you are wondering.

I was also told that they had been trying to catch a very large snake that had made his home by the pool in the landscape. They said it was non poisonous but still...:rolleyes1

No pictures, but we have seen a couple of alligators over the years. We love to see the ducks. There was a mommy and her babies in the water over in Canada by Le Cellier one afternoon. They were so sweet.:goodvibes

Staying at POR this past May was interesting to say the least. In one week we saw a snake on the walkway to our room, and several bunnies in the grass and on walkways, mainly in the mornings. There was also someone getting an alligator out of the river there too.

The craziest thing I have ever seen at Disney was a bobcat.:eek: I was in the laundry mat washing clothes real early one morning and I saw it walk by the door. A couple seconds later I opened the door to do a double check and a guy who was jogging at the time asked if I had seen it. It was gone that fast.:laughing: This was in the AB section in case you are wondering.

I was also told that they had been trying to catch a very large snake that had made his home by the pool in the landscape. They said it was non poisonous but still...:rolleyes1

Bobcat? Wow!!! I think Disneyworld is wilder than most people imagine, especially since the suburbs are encroaching upon the critters more each decade. Pretty soon, the Animal Kingdom will have annexes all over the property ;)

Here's my very tame pic for the day!

Seen in the Magic Kingdom near Casey's; I've always been envious of some bird's ability to rest on one leg at a time! Looks like a great idea when I can't find a seat or I'm standing in a line at Disney!

IMG6493ed-L.jpg

I have seen an alligator in the lake at the Caribbean Beach resort.

We saw a snake in a bush at Port Orleans - French Quarters this past October. Didn't get a picture. Too busy trying to get my dd to stop screaming. She wanted to go home after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter