• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise/extended days at wdw 4/13-25 PTR :)

The supervisor did call me back. She confirmed that it was their error, and said they'll send the right one. I explained the whole situation to her. She is trying to get it taken care of today, and will call me back before closing.

Good grief! This is beyond ridiculous! :sad2: Don't you love bureaucracy?

Sending you last minute working out vibes - I envision the post office worker diving by a window during your appointment throwing your bc (in slow motion, of course) onto the desk (preferably after it narrowly misses being caught by a dog and slashed by a ceiling fan) and it sliding to a perfect stop in front of the passport person. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks Jo. :) I really needed that laugh. :rotfl:

She called back, and is sending it overnight delivery. :cheer2: We have a potential storm coming tomorrow - hopefully it doesn't affect my appt Wed.

Glad they are fixing it for you! I sure hope it is there tomorrow for you. I can't believe the drama you guys have had with your passports and bc! Hopefully you will be on your cruise in a couple months and all this will be a distant memory!

Jackie

Thanks Jackie :) Hoping & praying that my passport comes in time after I finally apply for it. I just want to plan for the trip, without being constantly worried about it. :)

Sorry Christi that you are having to go through all this craziness. I just know it will all work out for you guys! Just think the next time you need your bc for something, you will forsure have it! ;) Had to make ya chuckle!

This is just unbelieveable. After several calls, finally got the supervisor to call me back with the tracking number. Checked online, and it only shows that shipment info was sent yesterday. I called FedEx to see if there was any chance that it could still arrive today. They said that they never took possession of the package. Just can't take any more :(

More calls. Supervisor insisted it was mailed yesterday afternoon. She said she'd call FedEx. Took a long time, but she called back & said that she fixed it, the tracking info was now showing up, and it would be delivered by noon tomorrow. That's not in time for my appt., hopefully I can reschedule it. Checked the tracking info - yeah, she fixed it: She mailed it TONIGHT.

angel's momma said:
More calls. Supervisor insisted it was mailed yesterday afternoon. She said she'd call FedEx. Took a long time, but she called back & said that she fixed it, the tracking info was now showing up, and it would be delivered by noon tomorrow. That's not in time for my appt., hopefully I can reschedule it. Checked the tracking info - yeah, she fixed it: She mailed it TONIGHT.

Dont ya wish people would just do their job?!?! I would just keep your apt go with what you have. You can take yhem the certified copy later in the day. They just need it before they mail the application.

Thanks for the idea Melissa :hug: We don't live in civilization though. :rotfl: It's 30 miles away. If I can't get a later appt. though, I will ask if I can do what you suggested though. :)

angel's momma said:
Thanks for the idea Melissa :hug: We don't live in civilization though. :rotfl: It's 30 miles away. If I can't get a later appt. though, I will ask if I can do what you suggested though. :)

I'm sorry everything is going crazy. Your luck is bound to turn around sooner or later. :-)

Thanks Kristy :)

I was able to get a 1:30 appt., and the BC arrived just after noon. Now to hope the passport comes in time. I'm still a nervous wreck about the wish supervisor's wording - "If I receive the scan Wed., you should be fine."

Our FE gift supplies have all arrived, and I put one together. It didn't work quite like I'd envisioned, but I'm satisfied with the results. Some threads about people not liking their FE gifts almost made us decide not to participate, but Angel was really looking forward to doing it. Tom spent quite a bit of time yesterday planning out the FE pockets, so hopefully Tom & Angel can make it this weekend.

Here's some things for the trip that Angel got for Valentine's day:

2urb95y.jpg

Some more magnets I made using designs Millipie made for me; Stateroom Ears I made thanks to a thread by idrivealumina; the weird looking blue thing on the left is a swirly party decoration that I put magnets on both ends to hang on the door (I saw someone post something similar once, but I don't know who to credit); and the pink thing is a Vacation Vault that we can use on the beach for our cameras, and then can be used for other things after the trip, like going to the pool (which Angel is eagerly anticipating after missing out all last summer.)

I am SO happy for you guys!! I am glad you finally got dates. Now you can finally relax and enjoy planning for the cruise!

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter