Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise/extended days at wdw 4/13-25 PTR :)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports' started by angel's momma, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Jakentysmom

Jakentysmom Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness!!! I can not believe all the problems you guys are having. I am so sorry for all of what is going on. It really makes me sad to see kids who suffer in pain and other things suffering in emotional sadness too. I really hope things get shaped up soon and she gets what she wants. I will be praying that it comes SOON! So glad to hear that it is done...now if it would just hurry and get there!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Thank you Britney :hug:

Still not here. Good news is that the "storm" ended up just being a little snow.

4. angel's momma

For those that ordered JoyJars - when it comes, there's an information card with it that includes a section of their website where you can request a "I'm a NEGU kid" tshirt. We ordered one, and it came in just a few days. I took a pic, but Angel didn't like the expression on her face, so I'll have to try again soon.

5. Jakentysmom

Jakentysmom Mouseketeer

awesome! I ordered one of those joyjars!! It should be in soon. I will get the shirt too. Thanks!!

6. Kktraylor

Kktraylor Mouseketeer

They sent us some wrist bands and said Ava doesn't qualify for a joy jar. :-(

7. Kktraylor

Kktraylor Mouseketeer

It's ok though. Ava's is rare and not many people know about it. And most that have it don't have a life threatening form. What kind of things do they put in there? I may make her one myself.

8. angel's momma

Aw Kristy, I'm sorry they said she doesn't qualify. :hug: It was just little trinkets - Angel's had the giraffe scarf, 2 tiny little princess pens, princess notepad, NEGU bracelet, NEGU playing cards, valentine socks, tiny valentine activity booklet, knitted hat, rubber giraffe, 2 small playdohs, a tiny flower pot kit, and a NEGU shoulder buddy (never seen anything like it, a tiny figure that has a magnet that slides in your sleeve so you can wear the figure on your shoulder).

9. Jakentysmom

Jakentysmom Mouseketeer

Aww boo!! Thats too bad. They sent me an email shortly after saying that Jacobs will be stuffed at their factory this week! woohoo!! He LOOOVES getting packages/letters in the mail!

10. Kktraylor

Kktraylor Mouseketeer

They had sent me one saying that too.

11. angel's momma

Here's the shirt, and cute little shoulder buddy. :)
    [​IMG]

Close up of shoulder buddy :)

[​IMG]

12. angel's momma

Tom & Angel's passports came today. :cheer2: Still no BC.

13. Kktraylor

Kktraylor Mouseketeer

Yay!!! Hopefully your bc comes soon.

14. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

That is so cute!!

15. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

Yea!!!!! I hope you will get your bc soon!

16. angel's momma

Thanks Kristy & Melissa :)

17. Jakentysmom

Jakentysmom Mouseketeer

And they still ended up denying you?!? Thats not cool. Now it makes me wonder about us haha. Jacobs mitochondrial disease is pretty rare too. Not to many people have ever heard of it.

18. Jakentysmom

Jakentysmom Mouseketeer

That shoulder buddy is so dang cute!!! So is the shirt. YAY for passports. Sorry no BC tho =(

19. angel's momma

Thanks Britney :)

20. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

So glad the passports have finally arrived!! I hope your BC gets here soon and you can get your dates for this spring.

Jackie

21. angel's momma

Thanks Jackie :)

I was so very excited that my BC finally arrived today - until I opened it. :sad1: I ordered a certified copy, but they sent a certified informational copy. I double checked my copy of the application, and it's correct - they messed up on their end. I called, and was told they'll investigate & get back to me. I politely said that it needs to be taken care of today, but the best I could get was that a supervisor will call me back today. I'm not holding my breath. The BC was actually completed 2/13, but wasn't mailed until 2/19.

I drove to town & took the certificate to show the passport application processor, and they called the Chicago office for me (the applications are processed in PA though). The person they spoke to said that since it's certified, it will work, but the fact that it's stamped "not for identification purposes" makes that very doubtful. The earliest application appt. available was for Wed.

The wish coordinator emailed again to see if it had come yet. I didn't tell her yet that there's a problem with it. She said that the cruise is only on hold until the end of the week. If I apply for my passport on Wed., she can approve the cruise. But what happens if my BC doesn't work after all? Our wdw portion has to be paid in full this weekend also, and if it's cancelled after that, we'll lose the deposit.