Angelrose's Journey

On a clear morning I can see the sunrise reflecting off NYC:

IMG_4328.jpg

This is today (1/30/13):

IMG_0537.jpg

:faint::rolleyes2

Oh WOW snappyd what a beautiful picture of the sunrise. Love the second picture too. LOL That's what we had here today too. Right now it's very windy but still around 60.

I wonder how many branches I will have to pick up tomorrow morning. We're supposed to get high winds all night and lots of rain with a thunderstorm thrown in for good measure.

I HATE wind.

Did you see my thread about hating wind?? OMG, great minds think alike! The wind woke me up at 2:45 and I've been up since. It's makes me so cranky. Hope you don't have too many branches to pick up.

Yes I did see that post snappyd. I have always hated hearing the wind, especially at night. I would always get a grip on Ron's arm all night. I can't take a walk in the wind either. It just gets to me.

There weren't too many branches to pick up this morning. Just a couple of small branches.

I was very bad this week with my eating and I gained 1.6 pounds this week. I'm very disappointed in myself. I can't seem to stop eating. Even when I try to be good I seem to still eat too much. That portion control is my big problem. I have got to get back to LOSING instead of gaining. I'm so scared that I will go back to what I was. I can't let that happen.

The only good thing is that when I took my measurements yesterday, I lost 2 inches off my waist, since last year this time. Still nothing off my hips or thighs though. I sure can't understand that since I workout and walk. I did get back to my full workout this week. Just Tuesday, Wednesday and today. Monday I went to the dermatologist.

He froze a couple more spots and then I had him look at a spot on my tummy. I have had this spot for decades. The first dr. I went to in the 70's said it was nothing, but I had him cut it out anyway. He told me it would grow back but not to worry about it. Anytime it would grow back, I would freeze it off with that wart off stuff. This time, I felt paranoid about it and made this dr. take a look at it. He went hmmmmmmmmm and took a scraping. I have a feeling he will have to do some surgery on it. I will know in 2 to 4 weeks when the lab results come back.

I have come to the startling conclusion that getting old sucks. :lmao:

I think the cold weather makes us want to eat more. I also gained a pound (or two) this week. For some reason we are drinking more beer? Doesn't make much sense in the winter, but we have really been enjoying that cold beer too much lately :drinking::drinking:

I was so proud of not catching DH's cold this week, then this morning I woke up and started to feel a sore throat :rolleyes2

I've been a little stressed out because we are losing our parking spot after 28 years. Now during the week I have to park on the street and we have alternate side parking here. Problem is people don't know how to park and I know my poor car will be all scratched up in no time :faint:

Oh well, enjoy the weekend everyone! Hope it doesn't snow!

Hello Ladies!

I had typed out a little something on Tuesday evening, then our power went out, so I lost it. (no reason for the power to go out, it just did.)

DH & I got back from Disneyland on Monday evening. We walked our feet off! We stayed at our DVC at the Grand Californian, which has a direct entrance to that Park...so convenient! We got early entry to Disney's Calif Adventure or Disneyland every morning. We got there on Thursday evening, so waited to watch the World of Color - a spectacular water and light show. It's a lot of standing. You get there early to stake out a spot, then you stand for the 20 minute show. The first night was a great time to do it since we'd been in the car for 6 hours!

We're going to the "Who" concert tonight - our Christmas gift from our NY kids. (I'm bringing earplugs in case I need them!)

Big Game on Sunday - the entire area here is crazy over the 49ers! (we had season tix 35 years ago!)

I hope you all have some nice weekend weather.

Sorry you lost your parking spot snappyd. Any reason for that? Hoping for the best for you car. Hope your sore throat goes away fast!

I've seen pictures of The World of Color minniecarousel and it is spectacular. Glad you enjoyed your vacation there. Enjoy your Who concert. I don't watch the game myself. Somehow never got interested in any sports except for ice skating. I do watch that and of course the Olympics.

We did get some snow today. Now the forecast was just for some snow showers. So I went out when it had just started. By the time I got to IHOP it was SNOWING hard. While I was enjoying my red velvet pancakes (MMMMMM), I heard the waitress say that they are expecting four inches. :faint:

By the time I got out of there, I knew I just had to get home. I made a quick trip into Walmart and got a few essentials and started home.

That was one scary trip. A few times I was driving through whiteouts. Thankfully, the were only a few feet and I was through them. I was never so glad to get home safely.

About an hour later it had pretty much stopped and two hours later the sun came out and melted most of it away.

Tomorrow I will go back out and finish up my shopping.

Well we are preparing for a possibly heavy snowfall in NY. I've been sick all week so we are not going down to NJ this weekend. I'm bummed because I left my camera there and won't be able to take pictures of the snowstorm.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe the next few days!! :)

Yes I saw that on the weather today. Looks like upper NY will be getting a foot or more. Not good. We will be getting just rain for most of Friday and maybe a coating of snow overnight through Saturday morning. I can deal with that.

I was all set to go to my WW meeting when Karen called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with the family. You betcha! I rarely miss a meeting so I don't feel too guilty. I thought maybe I had lost a bit of what I had gained last week, so we will see next week. I will really have to be good the rest of this week.

I get to babysit tomorrow night. Karen and Chuck want to go out to dinner and a movie because she has to go away for business next week and will miss Valentine's day. We will have fun tomorrow night.

Oh and the spot I was worried about on my tummy is BENIGN! I don't have to worry about it other than it looking gross. But then nobody is going to look at it except me. So I will just have to stop looking at my tummy. LOL

I went out early Friday morning because it wasn't raining too hard. I had my usual breakfast at IHOP and stopped at Walmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target and Kohls. It was really raining hard by that time so I was glad to get home.

I got to Chucks about 5:15 and Karen brought the kids home a few minutes later. The kids were so happy to see me and that just makes my day.

Jesse had to print out 31 Valentines for his class and one for his teacher. Karen asked if I would help him with that and said she would be happy if he just did 5. Well, Jesse was doing well, so I didn't stop him. I would spell out the names and he would print them. Some of the shorter names he could do all by himself. Half way through I asked him if he wanted to stop and do the rest after dinner. he said, "I don't want to quite". and that was that. He did all the Valentines. I was quite proud of him. Of course Zoey had to sit in my lap the whole time. She doesn't want to be left out of ANYTHING!

Chuck and Karen left for dinner and shopping. After the kids finished their dinner we went down the basement to play for a while. It was getting close to their bedtime so I told them they could each watch one cartoon. I told Jesse that if he watched a cartoon, he would have to go right to sleep. No playing with his Leap pad or reading and he agreed. (Insert Twilight Zone music here)

We had, a lot of "But Grandmom's" and some crying which I would not allow. After getting them into their jammies and making sure they brushed their teeth it was into bed. I tucked in Zoey first. It was one more kiss and one more hug goodnight. After three I said GOODNIGHT! She went right down.

After a bit more arguing I tucked in Jesse and told him he had to go to sleep.

About a half hour later, he came down and asked if he could sit with me. I think he was mixed up thinking it was nap time instead of night time. I told him it was night time and way past his bedtime. I tucked him in again.

A few minutes later I hear noises upstairs. Yep, he had his light on and was reading. sighhhhhhhhhhhhh Closed the book and tucked him in for the third time.

I had some peace and quiet for about an hour and then Chuck and Karen came home. Don't you know that Jesse was STILL up? He's not usually like that. So lesson learned Grandmom. No cartoons at bedtime. Straight to bed so he can do his Leap pad and then go to sleep.

We talked for a few minutes after Karen put Jesse to bed again. Then I left.

It had started that sleet/snow mix and was just covering the windshield. I brushed that off and drove home. Thankfully the roads were fine. It was still 35 degrees. But I was still very glad to pull in my driveway.

This morning I was happy to see that we only got an inch of snow on top of some ice. I brushed the snow off my back porch and off the car. Later I got out the scraper and did my windshield and back window. I needn't have bothered. The sun melted most of the ice and snow this afternoon.

I had a great two days withe the kids and today I just vegged most of the day. Tomorrow I will do some grocery shopping and get some Valentine cookies for Jesse's class. I will be helping with their party. I may even get to sample those cookies.

Well, my California kids living way out on Long Island (near Southampton) now know what a blizzard is like. We'll be skyping with them on Sunday morning, so we'll be able to see it. My biggest concern is that my daughter-in-law starts a new job on Monday and I hear they're getting rain which means ice! My son works from home and travels some. Since he just got home on Thursday evening, he probably doesn't travel again too soon.

Snapppyd, your picture of NY was amazing. You have that view from your home? Hope the snow gets cleared quickly for you.

Angelrose, I love hearing about your adventures with your grands.

We're having fresh dungeness crab for dinner! (I love living near San Francisco!)

minniecarousel, I hope the roads aren't too bad for your DIL on Monday. Hopefully some of it will melt tomorrow. I hear they got over a foot of snow.

I don't know what is the matter with me. I can't stop EATING. Sunday I picked up some Valentine cookies for Jesse's daycare party. I also bought a box for myself. WHY??? There were 10 cookies in the box. They were more like little cakes with nice thick icing. On Sunday afternoon & evening, I ate 8 of the 10. That wasn't bad enough, but I ate regular food all day too.

Monday Jesse was sick to his stomach and I had to babysit. Thankfully he was feeling much better. He ate crackers and drank Gatorade all day. We watched cartoons and played basket ball, colored and played hide and seek. Back to cartoons. He was getting rather antsy around 4, but he was good.

When Chuck came home, I gave Zoey a hug and a kiss goodby. He was fine all night.

When he woke up this morning, he told his dad that his stomach hurt. UHOH! He was still OK to go to daycare. The teacher said he didn't do anything except lay around all day. When he got home he was sick at both ends. Poor kid. So I will be babysitting again tomorrow.

I had to tell Chuck that it wasn't a problem or an imposition to babysit. I love to take care of my grandbabies anytime. I just wish that he wasn't sick.

Today I didn't do much of anything. Most of my muscles ache, but at least I have stopped binge eating. I think I might be fighting something. At least I can rest with Jesse tomorrow. Thank goodness for my Kindle. I think I would go crazy watching cartoons all day without it. :lmao:

Oh yes, I forgot. My bottom oven died. The top one died years ago. Now I have to try and find a double oven that fits in the space.

My ovens are from the early 70's. I guess they don't owe me anything. I've looked at a few online. EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK They are expensive. And none of them are magnet friendly. They are either glass or stainless which I hate with a passion. So I guess I will have to go with the glass and put my magnets on my extra freezer. DRAT!

ugh....Mary, I hope you don't get whatever Jesse has.

Our weather is beautiful this week. Rather cold in the AM, but warms up to mid-60's in the afternoon. My son in NY said the snow plow plowed right up to their dumpster and he was able to dig out their cars. Haven't heard how the new job went, but I know she didn't go in on Monday because there was no power at the office building.

ovens: we had to replace double ovens in our last house and found a floor model that was a few inches shorter and the contractor was able to build up the bottom with oak, like the cabinets. And yes, I think you got your moneys-worth out of those!

Jesse was fine today. Chuck just wanted to make sure that he didn't get sick at school. We played and watched cartoons all day. I dozed off for an hour this morning while he was watching cartoons. I did the same this afternoon. I just couldn't stay awake. All my muscles ache but other than that I have no symptoms.

As I was leaving at 5:30 it was starting to sleet a little. I was glad to get home. We're supposed to get snow between 12 and 2am. So not a problem.

Tomorrow I get to help out at daycare for their Valentine party for Jesse's class. I can't wait. It's usually only an hour and then I can come home and relax until my WW meeting. That will not be fun I'm sure. Oh well, I will try again next week.

My friends you must get so tired of hearing me complain about my weight struggles. I know I get tired of hearing me. I will try and do better.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S Day to all my friends.

Well, my meeting wasn't as bad as I thought. I stayed exactly the same. I'm proud of myself for getting back on track as best I could.

Today at daycare was fun. Zoey saw me first and ran over to give me a big hug. Then she wouldn't leave my side when I went over to Jesse class. He didn't see me at first and then he ran over and gave me a big hug too. It was so cute.

I handed out goodies to put in their bags for them to take home. Oh my goodness there was so much candy. Then Miss Donna, asked me to read three stories to them.

I had their attention (mostly) for the first book. It was a short one. I had three little girls that stayed right by me and did pay attention. The next book I had their attention for about 3 minutes. I gave up on that book. The last book I had their attention not at all. :rotfl: They wanted those cupcakes and cookies. So I handed out the cookies I brought and other mothers handed out other goodies. There were pretzels, Doritos, cheese curls, potato chips and more of the cookies I brought. Another man brought fresh strawberries and someone brought fruit cup. A lot of the children loved the strawberries and a bit of the fruit. Not Jesse of course. But he ate four cookies, a cupcake, cheese curls and potato chips. I hope his stomach holds out.

After that I headed over to Zoey's room. Jesse wanted me to stay the whole day which made me feel great.

Zoey 's class was still eating so they were quiet when I read the three books to them. They were all short books and I think they enjoyed them. One little boy just laughed at everything I said. I have no idea why. But he enjoyed them.

Zoey didn't want me to leave either. I must be doing something right!

Now I will read to Jesse's class again on Dr. Seuss birthday on March 1. I'm all set for that. I have the hat and a t shirt that I got at Party City on Sunday and pj bottoms from last year.

Thought you would like to see the Valentine pictures of Jesse and Zoey.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Oh my! They are so cute! How nice for you to be able to help out in the classroom. Jesse really looks like his Dad.

I hope you get to rest tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter