Angelrose's Journey

Happy New Year! It was quiet for us, went to a small local restaurant for dinner and then I was asleep long before the ball dropped :rolleyes: May have had something to do with that second bottle of wine, LOL!!!

Hope everyone is healthy and happy as we enter 2013! :wizard:

4nana, those pics are beautiful!! thanks for sharing!

I had a wonderful but quiet New Year's eve and New Year's day. I spent the evening with Chuck and the family. After we put the kids to bed we watched X Men. I had never seen it before. As I was leaving around 9:30, the asked if I wanted to come over to watch the kids to give them a break on New Year's day. Of COURSE! I got there at 8am and we played and watched Elmo, Mickey Mouse and Doc McStuffins. Well, they watched, I read my Kindle.

I hadn't planned on staying longer but after lunch, the Chuck and Karen needed to do some grocery shopping, so I put the kids down for a nap and had about an hour and a half's peace and quiet. Jesse came down and said he couldn't sleep anymore. So we snuggled on the couch and he told me that he loved when I came over. AWWWWWWWWWW MELTMELTMELT.

When Zoey woke up, we went down the basement and played for a couple of hours. When Chuck and Karen came back, I gave the kids their big sugar cookies left over from Christmas and Chuck asked if I wanted to go to the playground with them. Karen wanted to run around the track. Chuck and I watched the kids play and talked about, what else? our next trip to Disney World next February.

After Karen finished her run, we all walked around the track 3 times and then Karen took the kids back to play while Chuck and I went around the track one more time.

When we got back Karen asked if I would stay for dinner. Now I don't like pasta, but I will eat Karen's stuffed cheese shells ANYTIME. They are so good and light.

After dinner we all went downstairs to play their new dance game on x box. Is there a pathetic category? Chuck did really well, but I was hopeless. Besides I can't jump around. I made Karen take my place. Oh my goodness, I never laughed so much. They both did so well. Chuck won most of the dances, but Karen did win one when the played YMCA. They were both pretty close though.

They let Jesse and Zoey try, but when Jesse couldn't do it perfectly within 5 seconds, he shut down. He just quits and stands there and looks straight ahead. I HATE when he does that. But no amount of coaxing could make him do anything. He was sulking and his next step was to his bedroom.

Karen tried everything and even told him to come back down and dance anyway he wanted, but he wouldn't. By that time it was bath and bedtime.

After that we watched X Men2. Now I can't wait to see the 3rd one. I got home around 9:45 and read until the news.

Oh here is my fancy sweater and earrings for New Year's Eve.

ry%3D400

You look wonderful Mary!! Glad you had such a good time with the kids :thumbsup2

Here is my birthday/Christmas present:

IMG_0512.jpg

I have always loved this painting and it was on sale. It's called "Painter's Honeymoon" -it is so romantic! I spent too much but DH knew I have wanted it for so long so he told me to order it. Now I have to buy some accessories to to with it. One thing leads to another :rolleyes1

The bottles of wine:

IMG_0516.jpg

Thank you snappyd. I needed to hear that tonight.

What a beautiful painting! It is very romantic. I'm so glad that is now gracing your home. Who is the artist?

I'm not sure, I bought it from Ethan Allen. It always "spoke" to me, lol!

Now that family are starting to post pics of Christmas on Facebook I realize we missed a lot this year. Hope DH can get vacation next year (or retire) so we can go back to spending time with everyone.

I don't like this time of year, I can't wait til spring and the first hummingbird sighting!

HNY1.gif

4nana, what beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. Some of those pictures ought to be on a Christmas card.

4nana, those pics are beautiful!! thanks for sharing!

Thx bunches for the compliments on photos....appreciate it....I am very blessed indeed! :hug:

AR, you do look marvelous darlin'!?!?! :dance3:

And snapppyd, love your painting :goodvibes!! You look so cute w/your 2 bottles of celebration!! :cool1:

Glad everyone had a nice New Year :wizard:! Ours was quiet here, I didn't feel up to par, so we just had a nice quiet dinner outing. The only thing rocking were our recliners ;), as we watched all the fun events on TV and the big 2013 countdown! :hyper:

DSCN2637.jpg
~
DSCN0514.jpg

Nana & Pop Pop wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year full of blessings! :littleangel:

Thank you shortbun for the name of the artist.

snappyd, I know what you mean about something speaking to you. I feel the same way about moonstone. Especially the necklace that my friend gave me. (I'm wearing it on in the New Year's eve picture.) It's almost as if it is a part of me. I have a moonstone ring that Ron bought for me ages ago and I wear it every time I go out. I'm always rubbing it and the necklace.

Thank you 4nana. I appreciate the compliment.

Hello everyone. I still have my tree up, but all the ornaments are off and put away. Chuck will come next week to take it down for me. This weekend I will be babysitting tomorrow night while they have a date night and Saturday morning to keep the kids occupied while they start taking down their decorations. Then I go home for lunch and a break while they go to a birthday party. Then back around 4 or 5 to watch the kids again while they finish with the decorations.

Karen has to go away all of next week for work. They are not happy but she has to go. Poor Chuck has double duty with the kids all week. She will be going away once a month for a week for the next few months. It's really tough on both of them. I told Chuck I am always available to give him a couple of hours break if he needs it.

I still have my computer room to put away all the decorations there. That will give me something to do next week.

Oh and I got some WONDERFUL news this morning. My cousin is now cancer free! He got the all clear and called me right away. He will be leaving for Florida in a few days and I won't see him until June for our family dinner. I may have to give him a call in a month or so to check up on him anyway.

I'm still doing battle with my weight. I did lose .4 this week. I ran out of veggies half way through and over indulged one day, but I'm still trying. I will NEVER go back to what I was.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. So HELLO everyone!

I did finally get my tree down and everything put away. I've been with my grandkids a few times. Monday I babysat with the kids while Karen did a few things. Then yesterday I babysat Zoey all day. She had a fever for a couple of days. She is teething and getting in four molars. Well, I lucked out and she didn't have a fever all day yesterday. She was feeling so much better and we played and watched cartoons all day.

I had to sit right next to her to watch some of her cartoons. "Grandmom, put away that (Kindle) and sit next to me to watch Sophia the first." There were two episodes that we watched twice. I have them etched on my brain now. The same with Doc McStuffins. I finally had to tell her that they weren't on anymore to save my sanity. LOL

Karen had told me that both kids asked when I was coming to see them over the weekend. Gosh that makes me feel so good.

It has been so COLD here the last couple of days. It didn't get above 20 here today. Right now it's back down to 14 again. I didn't venture out of my house today.

Oh, and over the weekend, I was going out on my back porch when I saw a fox! In the 40 years I've lived here, I've never seen one. He saw me and looked at me. I said HI and he sat down. I told him he was safe and that I wouldn't hurt him. He tilted his head like dogs do. Then I told him I had to go because I was getting cold. He got up and walked back into the woods.

Now it's not every day that you have a conversation with a fox! I swear he understood every word I said. LOL Poor thing had mange though. I hope he makes it.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. So HELLO everyone!

I did finally get my tree down and everything put away. I've been with my grandkids a few times. Monday I babysat with the kids while Karen did a few things. Then yesterday I babysat Zoey all day. She had a fever for a couple of days. She is teething and getting in four molars. Well, I lucked out and she didn't have a fever all day yesterday. She was feeling so much better and we played and watched cartoons all day.

I had to sit right next to her to watch some of her cartoons. "Grandmom, put away that (Kindle) and sit next to me to watch Sophia the first." There were two episodes that we watched twice. I have them etched on my brain now. The same with Doc McStuffins. I finally had to tell her that they weren't on anymore to save my sanity. LOL

Karen had told me that both kids asked when I was coming to see them over the weekend. Gosh that makes me feel so good.

It has been so COLD here the last couple of days. It didn't get above 20 here today. Right now it's back down to 14 again. I didn't venture out of my house today.

Oh, and over the weekend, I was going out on my back porch when I saw a fox! In the 40 years I've lived here, I've never seen one. He saw me and looked at me. I said HI and he sat down. I told him he was safe and that I wouldn't hurt him. He tilted his head like dogs do. Then I told him I had to go because I was getting cold. He got up and walked back into the woods.

Now it's not every day that you have a conversation with a fox! I swear he understood every word I said. LOL Poor thing had mange though. I hope he makes it.

It was Ron, that old fox! :thumbsup2

Sorry I haven't posted either. I was at the Jersey house all week with no computer. Got three bedrooms painted; the hardest part was emptying all the closets and then putting everything back. We did get rid of a lot of junk!

It is FREEZING :cold::cold: I got in the car last night and the pressure was low in all 4 tires from the cold. I was really nervous driving into the city to pick up DH, but his knees have been so bad I didn't want him to ride home on the subway in this cold weather.

I made a big pot of lentil soup yesterday. Then I roasted garlic and spread it on Italian bread with the soup - delicious. It tasted just like the garlic at the Yachtsman Steak House in Disney!

Hope everyone is having a good January!! pixiedust:

I never thought of that snappyd! :lmao: That would be just like him too.

It's been so cold here too. Hasn't gotten above the low 20's all week. I shudder to think what my electric bill will be this month. I probably can't count that high.

I had a problem with my car last week. I was going on my weekly Friday shopping day. I was half way out of town when the message comes on my dash. " Battery not charging." So I drive to my garage and it's my alternator. Three hours and $694 later I was on my way. EEEEEEEEEK:faint: I will be eating air for a couple of weeks after that.

I got a call from Chuck this afternoon. Poor Zoey is sick again. Yesterday she had no stuffy nose and wasn't coughing and had no fever. Today she was feeling so bad that they had to take her home from school. Karen is taking her to the dr tomorrow at 9 and asked that I be at the house by 10 to babysit until they get home at 5. So I will have a shortened shopping day again tomorrow.

I'm hoping that we won't get much snow Friday night so I can get my hair done on Saturday. Then I can finish my shopping before I go home.

Hope Zoey is feeling better, I know those grandma hugs must help a lot!

It is already snowing in NY, we are staying here tonight. I hope you don't get too much snow down in NJ, I really want to come down tomorrow.

DH has been working overtime, that combined with the cold make the drive down tonight seem like a bad idea. His knees are still hurting him, I've been trying to drive into the city every day to pick him up, but tonight he has to take the train, I'm afraid the roads are slippery.

I hate to wish my life away, but I can't wait for spring! :beach:

I went to IHOP this morning and as soon as I was seated, the server came over with my coffee and asked if I wanted the cinnamon pancakes. LOL Do you think I have been there too much?? I stopped at Walmart and got two pair of pull on jeans in size SMALL, three pair of fleecy pj"s, size SMALL and two tops size SMALL. LOL I haven't lost anything in about a year but maybe I've lost an inch or two. That made me feel good. I also picked up some fruit and lettuce. It was around 9:30, so I made a quick trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond and picked up another storage container and a set of two hangers for scarves. Each hanger holds 4 scarves, so that is just right for me.

I got to Chuck's right at 10. Karen had just come back from the drs. Zoey may have a strep throat but he never called back, so I don't know. He gave her some medicine and she was in a good mood when I came in.

She was content to just watch cartoons all day and eat crackers and drink Gatorade. That was good because she hadn't eaten anything all day yesterday. I also got her to eat some yogurt. Antibiotics give her the runs, so she needs to eat yogurt twice a day. Thankfully that will hit tomorrow.

It started to snow around 4 and Chuck came home a little after 5 and brushed the snow off my car. He told me to drive SLOWLY in the development because they never treat the roads there. Once I got on the main roads it was fine, but I sure was glad to get home safely.

We only got a little over an inch so I think I will be fine to go out tomorrow morning and get my hair done, and get the shopping done that I didn't get done today.

I hope your husbands knees start to feel better soon. I with you on wishing for spring. That means that pool opening isn't far away.

Yum, the cinn. pancakes sound good AR :thumbsup2. Congrats on size 'small' girlfriend.....I wish ;)!!! Love the fleecy pj's - one of my c'mas gifts was a pr of M&M fleece that are specially snuggly in this cold weather. :goodvibes

Sorry about more car probs, glad you got it fixed, as the last thing you need to worry about is breaking down in the cold weather :scared:. We only got about 1" of snow on our old 2", so counting our blessings there. The temps are in the single # at night and 20-30 in day..so unfortunately our heat pump doesn't catch a break...ching ching :crazy2:!! They closed school for our local grands 2 days - they live 10 & 20 miles away, so yesterday we ventured out in our Jeep and picked up lunch to surprise them with. Needless to say it brightened their day and ours :lovestruc. DGD is going to her winter formal nx wk end and modeled her outfit for us...she looked like a princess....seems just yesterday she was Zoey's age...hard to believe how fast they're growning up! :sad:

Awww, hope lil Zoey feels better soon...pls give her a (hug) from ur Dis friends. So much sickness going around in the schools, it's hard to keep them well. Our lil grands have had different viruses off and on also...thankfully no flu! DGS is working on his Eagle Sct, his troop went camping in the mountains last wkend. They hiked 25 miles and slept outside in tents w/temps below freezing and half of them got very sick incl him....same thing happened last yr :(. At the risk of sounding over protective, but being an old Army Mom and knowing a lil about survival training, is it really necessary to expose scouts to the elements like this....afterall they are not training to be Special Forces...kwim?!

Gotta love those sly red foxes and even better you got to talk to him :goodvibes. Living in the country we see them occasionally, but here they zip around much to fast too make any convo. ;)

Snapppyd, your lentil soup sounds good...we are just finishing a pot of beef stew...love it in cold weather :)! Sure hope your DH made it home safe and sound. DH & I both take shots for our arthritic knees and also do warm aqua therapy which is a life safer, so know how horrible knee pain can be and hope the cold weather doesn't cause him more problems. :hug:

4nana I would love to see a picture of your DGD in her winter formal!

Zoey is feeling better today. She is starting to roll her eyes at mommy now. LOL Oh Karen is in for it with this one. Chuck told Karen that it is genetic. :rotfl:

Jesse is starting to go to the gym with Karen and he loves it. He is already doing pushups. I have to upgrade my flash player so that I can see the little video Karen took of it.

I had to laugh. Karen posted that she is already starting to plan our Disney trip for NEXT February. I told her it is only 372 days more or less to go. Never to soon to start planning.

Your DGS is working on his Eagle Scout? WOW that is impressive. I agree with you on the camping outside in the freezing weather. What purpose does it serve to have everyone get sick? Special Forces gradually build up their stamina to do that. Not just go out once a year. Glad I don't have to deal with that. I think I would be rather ticked off. Goodness I'm all perturbed and it isn't even MY grandson. LOL

I got my hair done today. That always makes me feel good. Now tomorrow is another big thrill.....grocery shopping. I do live an exciting life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter