And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
janet - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend. I will keep their family and your in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Miss - Still resort buddies! :cool1: Even though I read the terms over and over again, I have a fear of canceling through hotels.com so this one may have good sticking power. :woohoo:

Yay for the pas girls!

babyberger - I'm sure it was just nice to be heard!

jenny - sick hubbies are the worst! :sad2:

I'm starting to plan how to surprise the kiddos on Christmas morning. Any ideas? I'm so not creative. I actually deactivated my pinterest account because I felt like it was mocking my lack of any type of craftiness. :rotfl:

All I can think of is a big box with Mickey balloons? Or maybe getting personalized M&Ms that say " We're going to Disney" although those seemed kinda spendy :confused3

We actually did this for our Feb. 2011 trip (we suprised them Christmas 2010). We got them the little t-shirts that say "I'm going to the Walt Disney World resort". We held those for last. We actually videotaped it which was great because our oldest DD was really starting to read well at that point and we had her read the shirt, which she did...no reaction...then I said "what does it say???" she said "I'm going to WDW...", and I said..."and that shirt is for you???"....she said "yes", and I said..."so what does that mean???"...meanwhile, little DD is just looking at the shirt clueless when all of a sudden our oldest put 2+2 together and starts screaming and jumping up and down shouting, "We're going to Disney!!!" :yay::yay:

I love watching that video! :goodvibes

Just stopping in to say hi. :wave2: At the library using their Internet. No longer at the hotel because We got power back yesterday afternoon!!!

Verizon is due to come tomorrow, so we should get our Internet, phones and TV back up and running. :cool1: Then we just have a huge mess to clean up outside...but who cares, we have power after 15 days!!!!

Janet :hug:

pas, safe trip. I texted this morning wishing you an amazing, fantastic PPP (pas princess party) princess:princess:princess:princess:

:wave2: Hi to everyone else. I will be back once we get Internet!

Janet: So so sorry for the loss of your DS friend. :grouphug: I am so upset at the hard time teenagers are having in this world lately, and am so so sorry it has touched you all in such a personal way. Thanks for the reminder to tell our families and kids that we love them.

Thanks for passing along the Pas message, Janet. I know they're going to have such a fabulous time. :goodvibes

Sarah: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Oh, that is such great news! :goodvibes :grouphug:

I_Heart: Stop reading those T&Cs, you just can't change now. Stuck, stuck I say. :rolleyes1

Hmmm. Surprises! I'm not really good at them either. :lmao: at feeling Pinterest guilt.

Let's see... what about a present for each of them that they each open last:

• DS9 has a non-Disney-fied (so they can't suss it out) card inside the box which says: "What about"
  • DS7 has one which says: "we celebrate"
  • DS6 has "New Year's"
  • and have them all help the lil' one open the last huge box which contains Mickey balloons and a card which says: "At Disney World!"

That's the best I can come up with. :rotfl:

Just stopping in to say hi. :wave2: At the library using their Internet. No longer at the hotel because We got power back yesterday afternoon!!!

Verizon is due to come tomorrow, so we should get our Internet, phones and TV back up and running. :cool1: Then we just have a huge mess to clean up outside...but who cares, we have power after 15 days!!!!

pas, safe trip. I texted this morning wishing you an amazing, fantastic PPP (pas princess party) princess:princess:princess:princess:

:dance3:

That is GREAT news!!!

janet - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend. I will keep their family and your in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Janet: So so sorry for the loss of your DS friend. :grouphug: I am so upset at the hard time teenagers are having in this world lately, and am so so sorry it has touched you all in such a personal way. Thanks for the reminder to tell our families and kids that we love them.

Thank you my friends... :hug: My DD is taking it very hard as well. you are so right jenny about teenagers today ... wish we could kiss and make it all better but it doesn't work that way when they are young adults...

:yay::woohoo:

Thanks for passing along the Pas message, Janet. I know they're going to have such a fabulous time. :goodvibes

I KNOW they will too! :cool1:

Janet I am so very sorry to hear about DS friend. Life is so very fragile and so precious. :hug: You are all in my thoughts and prayers especially Anna's family may they find some small comfort during this most terrible time.

I am behind once again the crazy weather changes here have caused me to have sinus issues the headaches the worse. I have so much to do before our trip and needless to say it is not getting done.

Jeanette I'm so lost but want to wish you a wonderful trip with lots of pixie dust! Safe travels :goodvibes

You did the right thing by posting about Anna, Janet. So true that we never really know with some folks what's going on inside when pain/sadness can be veiled with a smile or laugh.

Pioneer Girl Sarah will soon have her 'bundle' back and will be able to surf, chat and flip! But, most importantly, she will be warm and have food and a nice, hot bath!

Is Gwynne at WDW now?

Who will be making some changes tomorrow? pas130 perhaps?

Jeanette is now at the gate with the girls:

photo-5-1.jpg

Kook: Thanks for posting the pic of the Pas girls at the airport! Awww how cute are they???:love:princess:princess:princess:

We actually did this for our Feb. 2011 trip (we suprised them Christmas 2010). We got them the little t-shirts that say "I'm going to the Walt Disney World resort". We held those for last. We actually videotaped it which was great because our oldest DD was really starting to read well at that point and we had her read the shirt, which she did...no reaction...then I said "what does it say???" she said "I'm going to WDW...", and I said..."and that shirt is for you???"....she said "yes", and I said..."so what does that mean???"...meanwhile, little DD is just looking at the shirt clueless when all of a sudden our oldest put 2+2 together and starts screaming and jumping up and down shouting, "We're going to Disney!!!"

I love watching that video!

What a great memory to have! :wizard: I would do t-shirts but I am on strict orders that I am to never require matching or cutesy shirts again. Boys! :headache:

Janet

:banana::banana::banana::

Sarah: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Oh, that is such great news! :goodvibes :grouphug:

I_Heart: Stop reading those T&Cs, you just can't change now. Stuck, stuck I say. :rolleyes1

Hmmm. Surprises! I'm not really good at them either. :lmao: at feeling Pinterest guilt.

Let's see... what about a present for each of them that they each open last:

• DS9 has a non-Disney-fied (so they can't suss it out) card inside the box which says: "What about"
  • DS7 has one which says: "we celebrate"
  • DS6 has "New Year's"
  • and have them all help the lil' one open the last huge box which contains Mickey balloons and a card which says: "At Disney World!"

That's the best I can come up with. :rotfl:

Love the multiple box idea! :idea:

I'm feeling pretty good about being stuck :laughing:, but then I did just get an email from BWI IPO. Whoops. Haven't actually canceled that one yet. Hold time was too long when I first tried and now I'm waiting to get my Disney confirmation from hotels.com before I commit to canceling. :rolleyes1

You did the right thing by posting about Anna, Janet. So true that we never really know with some folks what's going on inside when pain/sadness can be veiled with a smile or laugh.

Pioneer Girl Sarah will soon have her 'bundle' back and will be able to surf, chat and flip! But, most importantly, she will be warm and have food and a nice, hot bath!

Is Gwynne at WDW now?

Who will be making some changes tomorrow? pas130 perhaps?

Jeanette is now at the gate with the girls:

photo-5-1.jpg

Great pic. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

ps. Does anybody else ever have to go back and do over the limit smiley delete on a multi-quote. What a pain!!! :furious: :rotfl2:

Janet- so sorry to hear about ds's friend ...it is difficult being a teen/young adult sometimes these days.

Sarah- so happy to hear your power is back :) I hear there are still a few people out around our area.

Linked over here from the older thread by mousemommy1 (thanks :thumbsup2).

I was driving myself crazy trying to pick where I wanted to stay for my next trip! I swear I should've just gotten a dart board and put the resorts on it. Whatever I hit first was where I was staying! Glad to know I'm not the only indecisive person :banana: (I love dancing bananas)

I am HERE!!!

Things have been crazy here on the east coast. As most of you know, I am from the Jersey shore. We now live in northern VA but my entire family is on the Jersey shore....the REAL Jersey shore. Things have been crazy..... to say the least.

On a nicer note.....we are planning a December trip. Yes, we are the dreaded "Pop Warner" folks. My son's team will be playing in the regional championships this week-end. We are slated to win. If we/when we do, we will be in Orlando (Disney) for Pop warner week. I have never been during the winter (Alway, Always Augist/Sept/October. ) I have already booked a candlelight processional dinner just in case we win. Trying to get my classroom in order so that I will have a peaceful winter Disney vacation. I am OOOBER excited....:cool1::cool1:

Thank you Janet for sending me the link. Can't neglect my RC Homeys. :thumbsup2

I am HERE!!!

Things have been crazy here on the east coast. As most of you know, I am from the Jersey shore. We now live in northern VA but my entire family is on the Jersey shore....the REAL Jersey shore. Things have been crazy..... to say the least.

On a nicer note.....we are planning a December trip. Yes, we are the dreaded "Pop Warner" folks. My son's team will be playing in the regional championships this week-end. We are slated to win. If we/when we do, we will be in Orlando (Disney) for Pop warner week. I have never been during the winter (Alway, Always Augist/Sept/October. ) I have already booked a candlelight processional dinner just in case we win. Trying to get my classroom in order so that I will have a peaceful winter Disney vacation. I am OOOBER excited....:cool1::cool1:

Hi Step! Didn't realize you were a teacher! Hope your family is all coping ok after the storm. :flower3:

Janet: So sorry to hear about your DS's friend, Anna. I will keep her, her family and yours in my prayers.

Hi hi, Amanda. :wave2: Very exciting about the additional trip... let us know what you go with. popcorn::

I really hope the extra trip is going to work out! I wanted to talk to my DH about it tonight. But, seeing as he is asleep right now on the couch next to me, I don't think it will happen. Oh well....more time to throw together a complete trip presentation with budget for him. :thumbsup2

I am HERE!!!

Oh goodness....I truly hope all of your family doing ok.

I think that's great that your son's team will get to go to Pop Warner week. We've been during that week before (not for Pop Warner) and I didn't think the crowds at the parks were bad at all. It'll be so fun for you to get to see Christmas decorations at Disney!!

stepdisney said:
I am HERE!!!

Hope all is well with your family. You behave yourself during pop Warner week; you don't want to become the subject of a thread :)

Had to say hi and hugs from the Rpr!!!!

Sarah..I think you have my old cell? I didn't get a text..Janet can give you my new cell!!! Yay for power!!! There's two computers in the lounge.maybe ill get dis in...

Janet...my dear bff. Annas family is in my prayers as is yours..always!!

So glad step popped in..woohoo pop warner.all good. Xmas festivities..yay ..

Kook thanks for posting the pic. As soon as we were done they boarded the plane and left early!! Yay!!

And huge hugs and loves for all the sendoffs.

Oh and miss..that's my migraines too..hope they aren't rc related...

Hmmmm..miss you all!!

Is Sheila excited yet??

step So nice to see you! Hope your family is well.

Sarah I am SO happy to hear you FINALLY got your power back! About darn time! Would you be up for a NYC RC meet sometime next month?

Good! We got ours back Sunday morning after much commotion. LIPA should be dismanted. I took out my frustration on daily facebook rants.

It got so cold in the house. I can't imagine the homes with children, felt so bad for them. Generator is on our list for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter