And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today would have been my Toby's birthday...please join me in toasting the gift of our Toby for 25 years.
02d3018f.gif

If you are able, please join us in lighting a candle in honor of all children, of any age, who have gone before us. Losing one's child pre-birth, as a newborn, infant, toddler, child, teen, young adult or adult is devastating - a bereaved parent's heart never heals, there is no "closure:...but we do find joy, laughter and peace again.

Sheila, dear friend, you are especially in my heart and thoughts tonight. :hug:
Candlighting12-9-12.jpg

Thank you, dear RC friends.:grouphug:

Today would have been my Toby's birthday...please join me in toasting the gift of our Toby for 25 years.
02d3018f.gif

If you are able, please join us in lighting a candle in honor of all children, of any age, who have gone before us. Losing one's child pre-birth, as a newborn, infant, toddler, child, teen, young adult or adult is devastating - a bereaved parent's heart never heals, there is no "closure:...but we do find joy, laughter and peace again.

Candlighting12-9-12.jpg

:grouphug:

My oldest DS and I came so close to dying when I was pregnant with him. When I was 31 weeks pregnant I went into the doctor so sick that I couldn't dress myself, and could barely hold a glass to drink from it. I had toxemia and hypertension. He told us that if my blood pressure didn't get under control in the next 48 hours, my kidneys would fail and my son and I would most likely die. A week later I had an emergency c-section, and there were so many things that could have gone wrong with him. We are so lucky that he is a healthy 15 yr old now, and taller than I am. I cannot imagine the pain of actually losing one of my boys.

I'll light a candle in honor of my DH's Aunt Linny, who has lost two of her three sons.

My candle is lit Christine. For you and Sheila, and for all others who have suffered this devastating loss. My heart goes out to you all :grouphug:

Thinking of you Christine and Sheila. :hug:

I can't even imagine what a horror it would be to lose a child and pray I never have to find out. You women are incredibly strong. I know your children would be proud.

To Christine and Sheila :hug:

As I was going about my errands today, my thoughts went out to Christine, as I knew this would of been Toby's birthday, and then also to Sheila for your Jason and Shawn. :hug: My candle is lit for your children (and all others) who have known the unimaginable pain and devastation of losing a child. Know you have my friendship, support and love. :hug:

02d3018f.gif

Candlighting12-9-12.jpg

Christine you too are in my thoughts tonight, I like to think that my DS's are in Heaven and celebrateing with Toby on this special Day. ((( hug)))

My candle is lit Christine. For you and Sheila, and for all others who have suffered this devastating loss. My heart goes out to you all :grouphug:

Thinking of you Christine and Sheila. :hug:

I can't even imagine what a horror it would be to lose a child and pray I never have to find out. You women are incredibly strong. I know your children would be proud.

To Christine and Sheila :hug:

As I was going about my errands today, my thoughts went out to Christine, as I knew this would of been Toby's birthday, and then also to Sheila for your Jason and Shawn. :hug: My candle is lit for your children (and all others) who have known the unimaginable pain and devastation of losing a child. Know you have my friendship, support and love. :hug:

Many Thanks to All my Dear Friends on the RC thread, as the Holidays draw near my heart fondly recalls the wonderful memories that I so treasure. Last Christmas was the first year after losing my youngest in 2009 that I started to feel like things were going to be ok, I actually put a wreath on the front door again but now here I am going thru another first Christmas without my firstborn son Shawn so your kind words mean much to me. :grouphug:

Christine and Shelia, my heart goes out to both of you. As I have learned, there are no words that can be said to ease the pain. But knowing that you have people around you that love and support you even on the worst of days seems to help just a bit. You and your sons are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Received a text this evening from our Sarah :goodvibes She is now at home where she can now work on getting stronger and feeling better. :flower3:

Sarah, you have been in my thoughts and prayers daily... I am happy you are at home and hope that your full recovery is not long off. :hug:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheila.. so good to see you post, you have been on my mind lately ... :hug:

Received a text this evening from our Sarah :goodvibes She is now at home where she can now work on getting stronger and feeling better. :flower3:

Sarah, you have been in my thoughts and prayers daily... I am happy you are at home and hope that your full recovery is not long off. :hug:

Thank you Janet for the update. Sarah such good news to hear that you are home where you can continue to get better and stronger ... so much truth in the say "there's no place like home". :hug:

Oh my dear friends...Christine and Sheila...hugs!!! I missed yesterday and I am sorry. But I think of you both often and I know your sons are our Angels....always here! And our dani's little sis who was also brought to Heaven too soon!!! Instead of a candle the pas kids had their cocoa :)

Sarah..woohoo you are home!! I hope you are feeling better!!!

And Janet my dear bff...Hugs and love and strength...and all that good stuff today!!!

Love and pixie dust to all the RC gals!!!

And I have no changes to report..except DH wants to drive....LOL...he wants to save $$$$ oh boy

Great news! Thanks for posting Janet.

You keep on getting better Sarah! I'm looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Off to the surgical center with DD. :sick: Catch up with you all later. :goodvibes

Good luck ladies!!!! Let us know how u do!!! DD will be fine!!!

Make sure you juice her with Tylenol and Motrin before anesthesia wears off completely!! Hugs. This is the dental work right??

Ok had booked Poly for trip the end of Feb. then changed to POR for half the price. Was looking at AKL which I have always wanted to try but was afraid of the busses. I peaked at AKL with my AP discount and it's only 470 more to stay AKL. So I thought since I would be using bus service at POR too maybe this would be a good time to try AKL ?:confused3

Ok had booked Poly for trip the end of Feb. then changed to POR for half the price. Was looking at AKL which I have always wanted to try but was afraid of the busses. I peaked at AKL with my AP discount and it's only 470 more to stay AKL. So I thought since I would be using bus service at POR too maybe this would be a good time to try AKL ?:confused3

I think it sounds like a perfect time to try AKL!!!!

I like the bus situation at AKL better than POR, only because I do not like the internal bus stops at POR. At least at AKL, you are only stopping at Kidani.

Well, I spoke with my director today, and he was able to talk to the V.P. Basically, they are planning on meeting my requests for the most part but on a staggered basis. Our normal time to get raises is in April, and they try not to do intermittant raises in between...

What they did is give me $2k/more effective immediately and then said that I would get closer to 8-10% raise in April versus the normal 3-4% we normally get. :rolleyes:

But, I'll take it. It's better than nothing and I'm glad I asked because at least I know the issue has been looked at and will be addressed. :cheer2:

And, on top of that, our company has decided to give Christmas EVE and New Years EVE off as paid holidays this year.... :cool1:
So now, for the 11 days total that I will have off at the end of the year, I only have to use 3 PTO days. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter