And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the middle of a cooking and baking spree, but almost died when I read this!!! LMAO!!!

Jeanette - MIL is in NY, just sayin' LOL!!! She can bring her oxygen and scooter while she smokes her unfiltered cigarettes and watches your kids ;) Did I mention she is only in her late 50's.....YIKES!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:scared1:

I'm in the middle of a cooking and baking spree, but almost died when I read this!!! LMAO!!!

Jeanette - MIL is in NY, just sayin' LOL!!! She can bring her oxygen and scooter while she smokes her unfiltered cigarettes and watches your kids ;) Did I mention she is only in her late 50's.....YIKES!!!

:rotfl2:

Sign me up!!! :rotfl:

You probably feel like this now:crazy2:, but there is a lot of confusion and misconceptions about this whole process here in the states.

We are very lucky that we have a good military pension and DH has a wonderful DoD position, but I still look at everything pragmatically and my sensible side tells me that I need to reconsider spring break. I would love to know how many others are also reconsidering their expenditures based on looming sequestration. The WDTC may be in for more cancelations than changes soon.
Hi Kook,
This situation is so annoying, no doubt about it. It will affect us, as well. Latest word, if it last that long, 20% paycut and furloughs starting at the end of April for my husband's organization. (Update as of yesterday.)
Just to add, besides working on the budget, they do have other a few other options, kick the whole thing down the road 6 months or a year, or just change the rules using new legislation and eliminate this artificial man made disaster.
I wish they would just work together and not play chicken, but it seems like they haven't figured out most of us don't find their game at all funny. :(

About Disney--We just made our WDW reservations, and are keeping them for now.
I truly think that once the budget cuts cause widespread air travel misery (and I feel pretty sure they will) that will be a big motivator for fixing the problem quickly.
I don't see this thing going much beyond the first few weeks in April, if that long. But, I could be wrong, who knows?

In the meantime, it is so frustrating that good, hardworking people are now forced to spend a good deal of time mulling over work arounds, contingency and priority plans rather than giving their real jobs 100% of their attention.

Wow! You have a lot of possible changes coming up and they sound really promising. I hope that everything works out just the way you hope.

It's funny you mention the gov't knowing what will happen. DH had a Town Hall meeting yesterday regarding sequestration at his agency and almost every single employee's question was left unanswered! It just made everyone angrier and DH already hates those TH meetings on a good day.

I hope MIL comes through for you and DH. If that doesn't work out, there's always Melissa's MIL:rolleyes2
:rotfl: I totally missed this until I saw Melissa's reply.

Yep, my hospital is the same..no one knows anything and the next day people are fired :crazy2:

Wow sounds like my mother...my mother even taught my son (when he was 3) to light candles off the stove burner..he watched her light her cigarettes that way! FANTASTIC :rolleyes2 Luckily HRH and DS12 are super responsible so yeah...that may work :rotfl2:

I am just left speechless .... haven't said much about all the in-law talk cuzz I'm hoping this year DS marries his long time girlfriend (funny term since they are both in their 30s) and that will make me the dreaded mother-in-law but wow just wow!!!! Then I started thinking .... a lot of these people are younger than I am but they seem SO OLD!! Not just old but also uncaring and unloving .... gives me reason to stop and think .... I never want to become THAT person.

I am just left speechless .... haven't said much about all the in-law talk cuzz I'm hoping this year DS marries his long time girlfriend (funny term since they are both in their 30s) and that will make me the dreaded mother-in-law but wow just wow!!!! Then I started thinking .... a lot of these people are younger than I am but they seem SO OLD!! Not just old but also uncaring and unloving .... gives me reason to stop and think .... I never want to become THAT person.

Aww...not you Linda!:flower3: I only know you through here but you seem so caring and loving! Any daughter in law will be lucky to have you I am sure.

It is sad when we have inlaws who are unloving and uncaring (that is what mine are). Those who ignore their grandchildren and own son, it is hard to comprehend it.

Literally LOL and almost spit banana out at my Apple screen. The picture you paint, along with the tattoos of various constructs that I've added, and that "Christmas" card make for a blog in itself. BTW, your blog's intro is very touching and from the heart and I can't wait to read more. You are off to a very fine start, Melissa.

Hi Kook,
This situation is so annoying, no doubt about it. It will affect us, as well. Latest word, if it last that long, 20% paycut and furloughs starting at the end of April for my husband's organization. (Update as of yesterday.)
Just to add, besides working on the budget, they do have other a few other options, kick the whole thing down the road 6 months or a year, or just change the rules using new legislation and eliminate this artificial man made disaster.
I wish they would just work together and not play chicken, but it seems like they haven't figured out most of us don't find their game at all funny. :(

I truly think that once the budget cuts cause widespread air travel misery (and I feel pretty sure they will) that will be a big motivator for fixing the problem quickly.
I don't see this thing going much beyond the first few weeks in April, if that long. But, I could be wrong, who knows?

In the meantime, it is so frustrating that good, hardworking people are now forced to spend a good deal of time mulling over work arounds, contingency and priority plans rather than giving their real jobs 100% of their attention.
Yep, DH was told the same thing, and that 'mission essential' employees who are exempt will be determined at a later date and we'll contact each employee later, blah, blah, blah. Not sure what 'later' means considering this all starts Friday and furloughs start in a month. I wouldn't want to be working HR matters now.

I'm so glad you made your reservations. They might cancel out my possible cancelation:thumbsup2. I'd love to hear about your trip:hyper:

:rotfl: I totally missed this until I saw Melissa's reply.

Yep, my hospital is the same..no one knows anything and the next day people are fired :crazy2:

Wow sounds like my mother...my mother even taught my son (when he was 3) to light candles off the stove burner..he watched her light her cigarettes that way! FANTASTIC :rolleyes2 Luckily HRH and DS12 are super responsible so yeah...that may work :rotfl2:
Match made in.....hell? Imagine the two of them together:smokin::smokin::firefight

I can't believe your hospital can function like that. Everyone must be bitter and constantly on edge. UGH.

That would NEVER be you Mama....

Aww...not you Linda!:flower3: I only know you through here but you seem so caring and loving! Any daughter in law will be lucky to have you I am sure.

It is sad when we have inlaws who are unloving and uncaring (that is what mine are). Those who ignore their grandchildren and own son, it is hard to comprehend it.
::yes::

Literally LOL and almost spit banana out at my Apple screen. The picture you paint, along with the tattoos of various constructs that I've added, and that "Christmas" card make for a blog in itself. BTW, your blog's intro is very touching and from the heart and I can't wait to read more. You are off to a very fine start, Melissa.
Where's is Melissa's Blog? That's what I get for working...always miss stuff :sad:

Match made in.....hell? Imagine the two of them together:smokin::smokin::firefight
:rotfl: And I am sure they could get together and compare notes on what great parents they were....

I can't believe your hospital can function like that. Everyone must be bitter and constantly on edge. UGH.
That is EXACTLY the morale in the hospital! We look forward to a takeover..it CAN'T get worse :guilty:

Just an FYI, there must be some email virus going around as I have gotten three emails from familiar people that only have links in them. I have NOT opened the links, but deleted the emails. I phoned and asked my brother if he sent one of them and he did not, yet it came through as from him. Just be careful when opening your emails just in case.

your scaled down trips still sound FAB! I can't wait to try the POLY! :cool1:

Thanks. :hug:

Iheart, having a few trips planned does take the sting out of shorter trips... you will have SO much fun at both (and hopefully a third trip!)

I guess I realized I can deal with short but I can't deal with waiting. I'm Veruca Salt. I want it NOW! <stomps foot and crosses arms> :rotfl:

??? Do the boats at that dock carry ECV?

I missed it if Dani already answered this, but I *think* you can have an ECV but you have to get off and lift it down into the boat. I don't think they have ramps like the larger boats. Or if they do, I never saw one in use. I hope someone else can give you a more definitive answer to this. :goodvibes

K, just got off the phone with my BFF. She was concerned because she is trying to compile a drink list for drinking around the world at Epcot and when she pulled up the map she could not find the World Showcase food court where this takes place!!!

Food court?!?!?!? Oh boy. I explained World Showcase to her and she was baffled by this.....I really can't wait until they experience the real Disney and not what horrible monstrosity they have conjured up in their heads!!!

:scared1:

IHeart: Your trips still sound amazing...I think we will be following a similar pattern with our new AP's!

Yay!

I spent all evening with DH picking out snacks we want to try And both trips sound great to me! So it's a split stay still..split into two trips

I have a snack touring plan too! ::yes::

I know!!!
I hope he can. He just called me, his supervisor was fired, and they are very aggresively wanting to promote him immediately! More money, plus they want to work with him!!! And I've also been called to interview Monday (name mentioned from an old supervisor) to help start up a new endeavor locally:faint: I am going to interview...but who knows what exactly I am getting into :worried:

Sounds interesting. Good luck to both of you! :goodvibes

It's hard to justify any "extra" spending. But I am sure your DH wants you all to have this trip. The government :crazy2: they know what will happen, they choose not to disclose it. The hospital system is directly affected from all these "cuts" I know those with low income won't lose Medicid or Medicare BUT the Doctors and Hospitals are losing reimbursement. This is leading hospitals to close, merge, etc. And many Doctors are choosing to no longer accept any insurance leading to out of pocket medical expenses for many. My own insurance has changed vastly since 2013 started

Our hospital isbeingbought, to a bidder...any bidder. The last merger fell through. The system is broke...it is scary! Ugh!

:hug:

You're not ignorant at all, most Americans are confused as well and I've had to help explain it to many friends.

Our sequestration is a package of automatic spending cuts that’s part of the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011, which was passed in August 2011. The White House, with the help of Jack Lew (the Budget Director) proposed the idea back in 2011, (Mr. Lew has been nominated to be our next Treasury Secretary), and congressional leaders ultimately agreed to the BCA.

The cuts, which are projected to total $1.2 trillion, are scheduled to begin Friday and end in 2021. Yes, they last 9 years, which most don't realize. The cuts are evenly split between our defense spending — with spending on wars exempt — and discretionary domestic spending, which exempts most spending on (non-discretionary) entitlements like Social Security and Medicaid, which Linda and Sheila asked about yesterday. The total cuts for 2013 will be around $109 billion, give or take. This is a minuscule forced 2% spending cut.

Under the BCA, the cuts were triggered to take effect beginning 2 JAN if the supercommittee didn’t agree to a $1.2 trillion deficit-reduction package by NOV 2011. The group failed to reach a deal, so the sequester was triggered. During the election, the President said that the sequester wouldn't take effect, but in fact, it's law, and unless he issues an Executive Order, it must take effect.

The sequester can be avoided, but only if our Congress passes another budget deal that would achieve at least $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction. The political obstacles are basically the same as during the supercommittee negotiations that failed: Republicans don’t want to raise taxes, while Democrats are reluctant to make dramatic changes to entitlement programs to achieve savings.

So there you have it, oh, and we are still under a Continuing Resolution (CR) which funds our government because the Senate hasn't passed a budget since the Bush Administration (2009). The current CR will expire in the end of March. My DH is a retired military officer so he'll still receive his pension, but he's a current federal employee with our Department of Defense and is therefore subject to a one day a week furlough for 22 weeks starting in April. What happens the next 9 years, who knows:sad2:. DH is actually looking forward to the prospect of being forced to stay home an extra day:upsidedow

Great explanation. Thank you for this! :thumbsup2

Y'all have a good morning. I'm gonna take a nap. Then when I get up, I need to decide if I want to drop the class I signed up for this next session and take two in one session. I just hate going on vacation, even a 4 day one, with school work to do. If I don't change it, I would have to bring my laptop with us.

Other than that, I just wish my tax return would get here!! We got the first text from H&R Block on the 15th & the 2nd on the 18th saying our return was excepted and we would get our refund with in 21 days. I need to get our WDW trip paid off and our San Antonio one booked.

Hoping for a great nap and a quick tax return :goodvibes

:sick:

I did check out your blog yesterday. You had me in tears. :hug: I have a feeling I may be hitting you up for some advice very soon. You are an awesome mama! :hug:

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

This is so true! :thumbsup2

Wow sounds like my mother...my mother even taught my son (when he was 3) to light candles off the stove burner..he watched her light her cigarettes that way! FANTASTIC Luckily HRH and DS12 are super responsible so yeah...that may work

:hug:

Nope not you. Never! :flower3:

Helllllo to everyone else! :wave:

Wookie: Have a good day, hope your taxes arrive soon. I have done mine but not DH's yet, and I am expecting a $350 refund. :p Better than having to pay that is for sure. I too would not want to do school work on vacation. :crazy2:

Thank you, I do too!! I have things I wanna spend it on. Plus the DH won't let me book the San Antonio trip until we get it and I want to make sure to get a room with a view of the Alamo at the hotel we want to stay at.

Sounds like my DH's late grandmother. Even after her husband died from cancer due to dipping, she kept smoking. Getting cancer herself didn't even stop her. She didn't stop until she physically couldn't hold it in her hand any longer.

I agree!! No matter how you feel about the spouse, those feeling should not be put upon the grandchildren. I just hope my boys find great girl to marry.

Just an FYI, there must be some email virus going around as I have gotten three emails from familiar people that only have links in them. I have NOT opened the links, but deleted the emails. I phoned and asked my brother if he sent one of them and he did not, yet it came through as from him. Just be careful when opening your emails just in case.

I had the same problem with people getting them from my email address.

I need to run a few errands this morning. Pick up a few things for my trip and I need some cash too! Can you imagine this many women trying to split the check for a meal? :scared1: DL HERE I COME!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Hello ladies. :grouphug:

:rotfl: at the MIL stuff... but not laughing too hard, of course. :rolleyes1

Linda: Your future DIL will be lucky to have you. You rock! :hug: Absolutely nothing at all in the slightest like these ladies we come here to vent about. :goodvibes We only wish we could clone you. :rolleyes:

MM: About Epcot, that is heeeee-lar-eee-us! Did you try your best to not say to her, "You're cute."? Great thing is, with you teaching her, she'll be a Disney expert in no time. :thumbsup2

Jen: I hope one of those errant emails wasn't from me?! :scared1:

~~-------------~~

I'm so far behind I don't even know where to begin since my browser doesn't seem to be keeping track of new messages on the thread today. :confused3 Not going to look at anything Disney for a while until the current Politician Budget Fiasco gets reasonably sorted. Don't wanna get my hopes up or anything. :rolleyes: So, I'll just resort to my normal nonsensical banter. :joker:

Miss M decided this morning that she would, in fact, go ahead and write a book for a Young Writer's contest she entered a month ago... stories are due tomorrow. :rolleyes: (Of course, I mentioned it multiple times in the last month but didn't want to push it because she showed little interest in this particular activity despite creating little books for fun every couple of days or so.) Now I'm busy sorting out templates so she can dictate the story to me when she gets home from school. :upsidedow :crazy2:

Hello ladies. :grouphug:

:rotfl: at the MIL stuff... but not laughing too hard, of course. :rolleyes1

Linda: Your future DIL will be lucky to have you. You rock! :hug: Absolutely nothing at all in the slightest like these ladies we come here to vent about. :goodvibes We only wish we could clone you. :rolleyes:

MM: About Epcot, that is heeeee-lar-eee-us! Did you try your best to not say to her, "You're cute."? Great thing is, with you teaching her, she'll be a Disney expert in no time. :thumbsup2

Jen: I hope one of those errant emails wasn't from me?! :scared1:

~~-------------~~

I'm so far behind I don't even know where to begin since my browser doesn't seem to be keeping track of new messages on the thread today. :confused3 Not going to look at anything Disney for a while until the current Politician Budget Fiasco gets reasonably sorted. Don't wanna get my hopes up or anything. :rolleyes: So, I'll just resort to my normal nonsensical banter. :joker:

Miss M decided this morning that she would, in fact, go ahead and write a book for a Young Writer's contest she entered a month ago... stories are due tomorrow. :rolleyes: (Of course, I mentioned it multiple times in the last month but didn't want to push it because she showed little interest in this particular activity despite creating little books for fun every couple of days or so.) Now I'm busy sorting out templates so she can dictate the story to me when she gets home from school. :upsidedow :crazy2:

We were texting back and forth about Epcot when that came up and that deserved an immediate call, lol!

She also didn't realize that there were two parts to Epcot...I.E. also Future World....I think she literally thought it was a food court with different countries represented. :sad2:

Miss: Nope, none of the emails were from you my friend!:flower3: How awesome that Miss M entered a writing contest...that is great!

I too cannot see any new posts today...:confused3 Annoying with a capital A!!!

Got a little delivery today!!!:cool1::cheer2::goodvibes

photo-11_zps86cb0b33.jpg

I caved and went ahead and ordered our AP's off the website, too jittery about possible price increase before our trip! Oh, and wanted to also order them before DH changed his mind!!:rotfl2:

Janet B said:
Can't seem to get caught up, work just getting in the way...

Lacey, nice to "see: you back here! :goodvibes your split seems very doable with just the two of you! :goodvibes

Lacey, MM, Wookie, Melissa, We tend to not be rope drop either... usually arriving around half hour or 1 hour later... this is in August too.. it works for us. :goodvibes

Having :wave2: to all I've missed!!
It's good to be back!!!

So we planned to split because we wanted to do the food and wine classic at the swalphin but I just found the dates and they aren't going to work for one of the couples. So.......now looking to do all days "on" property.

WTH is wrong with the website?? I can't get it to price anything! This is ridiculous!
WDWKOOK said:
You probably feel like this now:crazy2:, but there is a lot of confusion and misconceptions about this whole process here in the states.

We are very lucky that we have a good military pension and DH has a wonderful DoD position, but I still look at everything pragmatically and my sensible side tells me that I need to reconsider spring break. I would love to know how many others are also reconsidering their expenditures based on looming sequestration. The WDTC may be in for more cancelations than changes soon.

gwynne said:
Hi Kook,

Hugs to you both! I hope you are able to enjoy your trips. Holding out hope that this gets resolved. 20% paycut is crazy!

Got a little delivery today!!!:cool1::cheer2::goodvibes

photo-11_zps86cb0b33.jpg

I caved and went ahead and ordered our AP's off the website, too jittery about possible price increase before our trip! Oh, and wanted to also order them before DH changed his mind!!:rotfl2:

Yay for the AP's!!!!! :cheer2:

We're any of the emails from me???? I hope not!

I get those emails too but even though it says from <friends name>, the email address itself is not...so wierd!

Jen nice move on the APs! :thumbsup2 I still have one unactivated sitting in my safe! :rotfl2: I'm thinking about ordering a couple of 10 day non expiring from UT before they are gone and just putting them back for a quick visit to WDW when I'm staying at Universal. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter