And it just rolls on...

Sure there is room for understandable confusion and I understand there will be problems, but I was refering more toward the woman behind me that KNEW what she was doing (she said that she didn't care what the reservation said, they wouldn't tell her no) and others of the like that will come after.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if flashing red lights and an alarm went off when someone without a fast pass entered the fp line! Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

That made me spit wine out my nose. LOVE IT!!!

Yep mine has displayed blue all day and had I NOT had my print out of my FP it would have been a bad day for my experience with the FP+.
So don't assume if its blue folks are trying to trick the system some of us just have bad working MB.

Hey, if a blue Mickey head is good enough for Mr. Iger, it's good enough for me.

I wonder if they denied him his ride. :scratchin

I was there 2 weeks ago and twice saw people in front of me turned away for being too early. The cm looked at their screen and told them what the correct return time was, it was about 15 or 20 minutes away in both cases.

We had a party member's mickey go blue but his fp+ wasnt showing up. I pulled up the ressie on the app & the cm would let us through, i do believe we arrived early once by accident and were turned away

We had an issue where I switched out a FP for Haunted Mansion for Tomorrowland Speedway - I switched it while we were in the standby line for Haunted Mansion. The MDE app gave me a confirmation but there must have been a delay in the system because our Mickey heads turned blue when we got into the line for TS. The CM told me we had FP for Haunted Mansion at that time. When I told her I had switched online she let us right through. My guess is that the CMs know the system is glitchy and are responding accordingly.

This is such a sad tale.
At least before (with FP-) you either HAD a FP ticket, or you didn't.
(Being able to READ it, is another thing.)

But NOW, "everybody" has a wristband,
and can't tell if they can enter a FP
line or not until they do the scan.
And, the Mickey head will LIGHT UP, regardless.
But, it's the COLOR of the light that matters.
To some folks, that will be a problem.

This is the kind of DETAIL that I'm afraid Disney planners
did not consider well enough.

Among many other reasons why this train wreck is backfiring on many levels.

I think this whole thing will go down as a textbook example of how NOT to do things in future business endeavors, once all the dust settles.

A mess.

The one thing I kept thinking last week is that a little cheapy clock in the band (otherwise known as a watch lol) would have come in handy. If you're wearing something on your wrist all day, it might as well tell you the time.

That's coming in Phase 2, with a $20 upcharge...

When I was "alpha" testing FP+ in June they had two stations to check the bands - One at the beginning of the line and one at the end. I couldn't figure out at the time why they needed a double check like that but now I see it was to prevent somebody from getting in line without a pass then raising a fuss after waiting in line and being denied. I'm surprised they don't keep that up all the time.

I think they chose blue because red is perceived as something negative and Disney doesn't like to be associated with negative things.

That was my first thought, too. Disney is big on creating false positives. After all, they are known for creating illusions. ;)

When I was "alpha" testing FP+ in June they had two stations to check the bands - One at the beginning of the line and one at the end. I couldn't figure out at the time why they needed a double check like that but now I see it was to prevent somebody from getting in line without a pass then raising a fuss after waiting in line and being denied. I'm surprised they don't keep that up all the time.

I thought I read something (maybe from Kenny the Pirate) that each FP+ attraction had two scanners. One for the entrance and one further up the line near the merge point or loading area. Has that changed now?

I thought I read something (maybe from Kenny the Pirate) that each FP+ attraction had two scanners. One for the entrance and one further up the line near the merge point or loading area. Has that changed now?

They still have that.

They still have that.

And, that's the way FP has always worked, even with the paper tickets.

It also works as a stop-gap for "line-jumpers" since many times the FP and standby queues run side-by-side.

Sure there is room for understandable confusion and I understand there will be problems, but I was refering more toward the woman behind me that KNEW what she was doing (she said that she didn't care what the reservation said, they wouldn't tell her no) and others of the like that will come after.

My favorite kind of people. Great lesson to teach your kid.

We had an issue where I switched out a FP for Haunted Mansion for Tomorrowland Speedway.

Let's just take a few minutes to reflect on this.

It's a Brave New World, isn't it...?

Although, admittedly, Tomorrowland Speedway always seems to have an insufferable wait. We haven't bothered riding it in decades for just that reason. Just not worth waiting 45+ minutes for a "riding lawnmower." :rotfl2:

Apparently people here do not like FP+ as all anybody has said is pretty negative. It's not a bad system, just glitchy at this point. The point was that paper or digital, FP is a reservation in line. If I have a reservation at 3 and you have one at 3:30, you are behind me and anyone else from 8am to 3:25 given the 5 minute grace period. Knowingly coming in at the wrong time is line-cutting. The feeling of entitlement some people have is really sad. They are no better than anyone else in the line yet they make the honest people wait for them to finish pleading/ demanding their case. The lady behind me said "I know it's the wrong time but I'm here and they are not going to make me wait. What? Are they going to say no to a child?". No, they should say no to the parent of the child that is showing them that they can bunk the system and have no consideration for others. Blue, green, red, or plaid Mickey, if your res shows on the screen for later, you should wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter