~And It All Started With a Wish...and a Quarter and a Fountain~TR link, page 32!

Cough...lake...cough...schmake....cough....

:flower3:

What's Hollie doing now that school is out? Watching Disney movies until late at night and then sleeping late in the morning? I think that's what I might do tonight, only my Disney movie will be HGTV, and my sleeping late means I get up at 4 something instead of 3 something. :)
LOL I know!! I wish I had taken a picture of Hollie's face when I told her Brooklynn was at "her mall" Oh boy!!!! She sure knows how to get her brows all crazy looking!! ha ha

Oh yes! She is almost asleep now while watching Alice in Wonderland...for the 2nd time! lol
She is signed up for 3 camps this year. Unfortunately she won't be able to go to VBS this year because its the same week as her drama camp and we had already signed her up and paid for it. She is gonna go to Art camp for a week and it looks really neat. They are teach them the fundamentals of water colors, chalk, oil painting, etc. Then she is gonna go to Princess camp! lol Every day they have a princess that they talk about and they have tea parties and fun snacks and crafts. Then the Saturday of the camp, they have their "Coronation" ball where each Princess gets to walk with her dad and get her coronation and they have snacks. She also wants to do cheerleading for her school this fall. They have a feeder program which is where the coaches at the high school she will attend coach kids from the ages of 5-12 in football and cheerleading. Hollie has a very busy schedule this summer!! lol

I :lovestruc DIS meets, too, Dawn! :goodvibes

We didn't do the DDP on our last trip, and we actually liked it better -- like you said, sometimes you want to order an appetizer and Charles and I are known to get alcoholic drinks with dinner, so although we spent close to what we normally spend on the DDP, it was a lot more freeing to not have it.

Love the pictures of Seth in his car and swing! So cute!

I like the convenience of the DDP but when you're saving money, I think skipping it is worth it for sure! The photos of Seth are great. What a happy little man he is! :)

We've actually never done the DDP b/c it just really wouldn't be worth it for us. A lot of times, all four or five of us order an appetizer or two to share, and sometimes we can't even muscle down a dessert! My mom alone would make it not worth it -- it's a running joke that whenever we go out to eat, she's basically ordering her entree to go. The only plan I could see us doing is the snack plan, and even then, I think we'd only do it if it was free.

I love all the pictures from your DIS meet, and of Seth, of course. He is such a handsome little guy!

We went to Disney last Oct when Giada was 1 yr (her birthday was 2 wks before vacation) and we had a blast but I had to pack/plan so much! When making my list I pretty much kept it out for days and everytime I used something, I'd add it to the list. We flew down so we had to worry about fitting everything into suitcases so we ended up ordering diapers, formula, her Gerber food/snacks etc from Garden Grocer. They delivered to the GF in the window of time that we chose and it was great! You're driving so you should have some extra room for Seth's things but it's an idea to consider if you think you might be a little tight in the car! I definitely recommend bringing disposable changing pads and disposable spoons/sippy cups. Bottles were a pain to wash (Playtex Vent Air have 6 pieces each) so we ended up throwing out some of them (they were almost a year old and some of the markings were wearing off anyway) and we got some new ones back at home. Don't forget sponge, soap etc for washing bottles! We brought our own sheet for the pack and play and it was kind of padded which was nice because that pack and play was pretty hard!

Hey Dawn! Going back to your question about doing the end of May...

We just got back yesterday from Disney and I told myself that I could never do Disney again during this time of year. Our dates were June 4 - June 11 and it was HOT HOT HOT and crowded. Having the young ones, the heat makes it even harder to stay out for long periods of time. We definitely had a great time, but after always doing off season dates and cooler weather months, it was a big difference with the heat and crowds.

The crowds might be different going a few weeks earlier then we just did, but the weather will probably be the same.

Either way, yall are going to have fun! :goodvibes

We're already trying to pick our dates for our first trip with all 4 of us for next year. As you can see, we're playing with some time in the fall or doing another Christmas season trip. I'm thinking we might have to do a Christmas trip since Jake will start Kindergarten in 2012 and I don't think we'll be able to pull him out that early in the school year.

Dawn,
We were down in Disney the 1st two weekends in May and yes it was very HOT but the crowds were not too unbearable! We also went Memorial Day weekend 2010 and it also was not too terribly crowded! But that was last year and I've heard this year it was crowded so I think it just depends! I also agree with you on not doing the DDP, we have worked it out and it just seems we save money when we pay OOP instead of DDP! We will be there the week after ya'll in October and we can't wait! I know you are getting excited about Seth's 1st trip!:goodvibes

The things I can remember being helpful when we took our then sixteen month old were:

A soft, structured carrier of some kind with buckles. We had a hip carrier and it was great for quick ups and downs and for when I was scared of the baby falling off the ride like on Peter Pan. I kept him in it the whole time lol! If you plan to carry him on your back any it's nice to have a carrier with a sleeping hood in case he falls asleep as well. Our baby fell asleep during the parade at MNSSHP and I was able to hold onto him the whole time w/o sitting him in the stroller and ticking him off because I had the carrier.

I have an Ergo carrier and I'm bringing that. Although right now I never use it b/c it's just too hot!

I made little "meal kits" I could throw in the diaper bag. Diposable utensils, sticky place mat and sippy. It's way too hard to clean a sippy cup w/o a dishwasher in my opinion so I avoided it whenever I could and just bought those cheapy First Years disposable ones I could throw away if I wanted. Maybe slip in some dollar store junk, stickers, giveaway crayons you've collected from restaurants or something else to play with while you wait for your food that you don't care if you lose or not.

Great idea!

I also made "diaper changing kits". I threw a few diapers and disposable changing pad covers, antibacterial gel and one of those slim packs of wipes and just pulled that out of the diaper bag and took that into the restroom w/ me instead of the big, honking diaper bag everytime. I will tell you though that it seems like most of the changing tables were hard metal so your padded changing pad may be better.

This also is genius. I've already started buying the little packs of wipes already!

That's all that really stands out in my mind right now, my son is 5 now so it's been a while :)

Thanks!!!!

Seth is just a sweetie pie. Not sure which picture is the most precious. Enjoy they get big too quick. I think the no dining plan is good for you. We are doing it, because it might be it for us before Hannah is an adult on the tickets and such. Plus with buffets (which work with Luke being free) the kids are such a steal!

Thanks! We like him. ;) Yeah, I'm starting to realize how great buffets are for kids!

Baby in tub photo...priceless!

:goodvibes

Hey girl! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 No DDP for us either. We will save more by one of us getting an AP and TiW card then we would on the DDP. The DDP just doesn't match our eating style. With 5 of us that would mean 5 desserts at every meal which is just obnoxious to me. :laughing: And my waistline.

Chloe and I share often and Joshua is so funny; he likes whatever Michael orders so some of that with a side of veggies pleases him. We love an appetizer or two and rarely drink soda. The kids love a virgin pina colada or shake. The DDP is too limiting on what we can order. We did find at the some of the CS places they would sub a side or salad for the dessert which was nice.

Yeah, we're not dessert people either. Don't get me wrong - I like sweets. But we are usually good to just share something and safe room for more later! :laughing:

I wish we would have thought to get some whole group pictures before you and Elaine left. I have everybody standing around talking to each other, though, in my pictures, so I did at least get all the adults and all the kids in a few different pictures, just not posed ones.

Bella always has to have a 'puhse'. :laughing:

I love the picture of Seth asleep at the wheel! :love:

The dining plan is not for me, unless it's free. I most often drink water, not sodas or coffee, and I don't get desserts. John wants to try it for the summer trip, so they are going to add it. I'll take it when it is free, but for me personally, I can eat a lot cheaper. You did the right thing by figuring it all out and making the comparisons.

Glad you took those candid shots - I never think to do that!

Bella's a true girly girl!

I think the pre-paid thing appeals to a lot of people, but money is money to me, no matter when you dish it over!

Oh my gosh, that pic of him on Daddy's shoulders is adorable!! Definitely frame worthy!

:rotfl: That pic cracks me up too! He's like "Really Mom? Another picture?"

Thanks! Yeah, he's getting used to the momarazzi, as I call it.

I love the Dis meet. It was a fun lunch, and great meeting you, your mom, and Seth.

YOu too!!!! Hopefully we can do it again!

I think you are making a good choice with not going for the DDP. That way if things go awry with Seth, you don't have to feel bad about missing meals. Do you have APs, what about the Tables in Wonderland card?

No. I had an AP in 2008 and had the discount card (before it was called the Tables in Wonderland card - I'm forgetting what it was called back then) and that was great. But there's no reason for us to get an AP now.

Things I always pack with Everett- outlet covers for the hotel room, a nightlight, a stroller fan, disposable bibs (also the disposable sippys, utensils and placements mentioned above).

Good call on the outlet covers and nightlight!

I also have a small white noise machine (one that came with his pack-n-play) that I bring for the room, but if Seth doesn't sleep with noise now, he wouldn't need it.

I've got one for him, too, and I always bring it whenever we sleep anywhere away from home.

lots and lots of baby sunscreen, lock for the stroller (I choose to lock my stroller because I bring my full-sized expensive stroller- if you are bringing just an umbrella, you probably won't need this).

Another good call. I'm gonna have my jogging stroller.

Swim diapers, baby nail clippers, thermometer (just in case), infant advil, oragel, and I always bring two extra changes of clothes into the parks, and I have used both of them on more than one occasion!

Thanks!!!

Great update Dawn! I, shockingly, have never done the ddp :eek::scared1: Last April was the first time I really looked into it! I wanted to do it, but when we figured our meals it was cheaper to just pay oop. This next trip for sure, since I will be alone, I will be doing the ddp! I figure that way I can try all of the different restaurants that i've always wanted to try! I cannot wait to go to the Kansas City Zoo! I've been holding my day-trip off until they open up their new sky-tram. It's basically a ski-lift that goes overtop all of the Africa exhibits, which I think is pretty cool! I still cannot believe how big Seth is getting! And Oh Goodness he is getting so active!!! I've never done a DISmeet, but I plan too! I am also hoping to one day soon meet you in person along with Jackie and her kids, Memom and her clan, and Jackie and Jasmine! Thanks for the update :)

Doing a solo trip is something I want to do one day...have fun with it! And the zoo trip sounds really cool!

Awww sweet boy!!!!

It looks like he loved the swings!!

Aw, I really hate it I missed this!!! I wanted Hannah to meet her DIS boyfriend!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

He did, although "the glare" picture did happen in the swings. But I think it was just a coincidence.

We missed you guys, too! I know....how are they ever gonna get married if they don't meet??? :rotfl:

Okay, now about the part of forgetting things to take for a baby! I know you are way more organized than I am. But, of course the obvious...extra clothes!! I had taken out an outfit of Hannah's while I was making sure she had formula and baby food. Well, I forgot to put it back in. She had a blowout on our MK day during lunch and I literally had to run from Peco's Bill's to the little store behind Splash Mountain to get her a onesie and pair of pants. $40 bucks later, she was dressed! lol

But other than formula, baby food, throw away baby spoons, baby wipes, diapers, hand sanitizer, baby face wipes for messes, etc. I think that about covered it with what I took. :)

We won't be taking formula there....thank goodness! The pediatrician gave me the okay to go ahead and start giving him whole milk here and there (by all means still feeding him formula though) over the summer. And that way when he turns 1 in September it will be easy to do away with the formula. No formula at Disney for me! :thumbsup2

Crazy about a $40 outfit for Hannah....I don't pay for that for myself! :lmao:

I've only done the DDP when I got it free. A couple other times I had an AP and the TIW card (well whatever it used to be called). I think you are going with the right choice, especially if it costs less.

Great photos! Sorry I missed the DIS meet as well. :(

Yeah, the DDP is just too limiting on what you can order, plus it's just too much food for us for the most part. You and A.J. may be at the next dis meet!

LOL I know!! I wish I had taken a picture of Hollie's face when I told her Brooklynn was at "her mall" Oh boy!!!! She sure knows how to get her brows all crazy looking!! ha ha

Oh yes! She is almost asleep now while watching Alice in Wonderland...for the 2nd time! lol
She is signed up for 3 camps this year. Unfortunately she won't be able to go to VBS this year because its the same week as her drama camp and we had already signed her up and paid for it. She is gonna go to Art camp for a week and it looks really neat. They are teach them the fundamentals of water colors, chalk, oil painting, etc. Then she is gonna go to Princess camp! lol Every day they have a princess that they talk about and they have tea parties and fun snacks and crafts. Then the Saturday of the camp, they have their "Coronation" ball where each Princess gets to walk with her dad and get her coronation and they have snacks. She also wants to do cheerleading for her school this fall. They have a feeder program which is where the coaches at the high school she will attend coach kids from the ages of 5-12 in football and cheerleading. Hollie has a very busy schedule this summer!! lol

I wanna go to princess camp!!!!!! princess:

I :lovestruc DIS meets, too, Dawn! :goodvibes

We didn't do the DDP on our last trip, and we actually liked it better -- like you said, sometimes you want to order an appetizer and Charles and I are known to get alcoholic drinks with dinner, so although we spent close to what we normally spend on the DDP, it was a lot more freeing to not have it.

Love the pictures of Seth in his car and swing! So cute!

EXACTLY my thoughts. The cost is only about $40 cheaper when I figure it all up, but I have more options that I want instead of what's dictated to me.

I like the convenience of the DDP but when you're saving money, I think skipping it is worth it for sure! The photos of Seth are great. What a happy little man he is! :)

Yeah, and I'm not knocking the DDP. I always recommend it to clients b/c it is very convenient. But for us I just think it would be better to go without it. Thank you....I don't take pics of him when he's crying...:rotfl2:

We've actually never done the DDP b/c it just really wouldn't be worth it for us. A lot of times, all four or five of us order an appetizer or two to share, and sometimes we can't even muscle down a dessert! My mom alone would make it not worth it -- it's a running joke that whenever we go out to eat, she's basically ordering her entree to go. The only plan I could see us doing is the snack plan, and even then, I think we'd only do it if it was free.

I love all the pictures from your DIS meet, and of Seth, of course. He is such a handsome little guy!

Totally agree! Thanks about Seth....I agree with that too. :rotfl:

We went to Disney last Oct when Giada was 1 yr (her birthday was 2 wks before vacation) and we had a blast but I had to pack/plan so much! When making my list I pretty much kept it out for days and everytime I used something, I'd add it to the list. We flew down so we had to worry about fitting everything into suitcases so we ended up ordering diapers, formula, her Gerber food/snacks etc from Garden Grocer. They delivered to the GF in the window of time that we chose and it was great! You're driving so you should have some extra room for Seth's things but it's an idea to consider if you think you might be a little tight in the car! I definitely recommend bringing disposable changing pads and disposable spoons/sippy cups. Bottles were a pain to wash (Playtex Vent Air have 6 pieces each) so we ended up throwing out some of them (they were almost a year old and some of the markings were wearing off anyway) and we got some new ones back at home. Don't forget sponge, soap etc for washing bottles! We brought our own sheet for the pack and play and it was kind of padded which was nice because that pack and play was pretty hard!

I'm definitely ordering diapers, wipes and perishables (milk, fruit, etc.) from Garden Grocer. I'll be able to pack a lot of his food (like premade Gerber food) but the other stuff I'm not going to worry about putting in a cooler. I use Dr. Brown's bottles and those have 5 parts, not counting the seal and cap if you use those. So yeah, we are getting some cheaper bottles to take. I'm hoping to have him on a sippy by then except for his first and last bottles of the day, so hopefully 2 bottles a day will be all I have to worry about. Thanks for the tips!

Hey Dawn! Going back to your question about doing the end of May...

We just got back yesterday from Disney and I told myself that I could never do Disney again during this time of year. Our dates were June 4 - June 11 and it was HOT HOT HOT and crowded. Having the young ones, the heat makes it even harder to stay out for long periods of time. We definitely had a great time, but after always doing off season dates and cooler weather months, it was a big difference with the heat and crowds.

The crowds might be different going a few weeks earlier then we just did, but the weather will probably be the same.

Either way, yall are going to have fun! :goodvibes

We're already trying to pick our dates for our first trip with all 4 of us for next year. As you can see, we're playing with some time in the fall or doing another Christmas season trip. I'm thinking we might have to do a Christmas trip since Jake will start Kindergarten in 2012 and I don't think we'll be able to pull him out that early in the school year.

Yeah, I can't deal with crowds AND heat! No way! I think the crowds won't be an issue in mid May. The heat could or couldn't be - depends on what Mother Nature decides to do. I've been there in early May and it was gorgeous, not hot at all. So I'm hoping we'll get lucky and have weather like that!

Dawn,
We were down in Disney the 1st two weekends in May and yes it was very HOT but the crowds were not too unbearable! We also went Memorial Day weekend 2010 and it also was not too terribly crowded! But that was last year and I've heard this year it was crowded so I think it just depends! I also agree with you on not doing the DDP, we have worked it out and it just seems we save money when we pay OOP instead of DDP! We will be there the week after ya'll in October and we can't wait! I know you are getting excited about Seth's 1st trip!:goodvibes

Cool, thanks for the tips! Yes....I'm SO excited!!!!

Hey, guys! Hope you are all having a great summer and hopefully staying cool....it's hot out there! I so need a pool (a real one). And hope you daddys had a good Father's Day! :goodvibes

Just wanted to post with my updated plans. These have changed slightly since last time. I really like this new schedule. It's not set in stone b/c I'm waiting to hear from a friend who will be there at the same time as us as to whether or not she wants to change some of her plans to fit with us, but I'm 90% sure this is our final plan (until it changes again....haha!). I'm putting any changes in bold.

Thursday, 9/29 –
Drive down

Friday, 9/30 –
Sleep in
Animal Kingdom
Boma for dinner @ 4:35pm (the time changed on this b/c I added Erica and Will to our reservation! :) )
Go by WWS Expo to pick up 5K package
To bed early!

Saturday, 10/1 – (Ray arrives at some point today)
5K for Dawn & Seth
Anna & Luke – EPCOT; Dawn & Seth – rest/pool
EPCOT (meet around lunchtime)
Dinner at Kouzzina @ 6:35pm
Anna & Luke – back to EPCOT, maybe to Poly to watch Wishes; Dawn, Ray & Seth – to bed early

Sunday, 10/2 –
Breakfast at Cape May @ 10:05am
Anna & Luke – DHS; Me, Ray & Seth - Check into VWL
DHS
Fantasmic! Dining package at Mama Melrose @ 3:55pm

I switched Monday and Tuesday. Looking at the calendar, I realized that Monday MK has evening EMH and I want to avoid those where I can. We won't be taking advantage of them and the park will be more crowded, so why not avoid it? I like this better anyway b/c it spreads out our nights where we'll be out past 8:00, Seth's bedtime. We will miss the MSEP since there's not one on Tuesday, but I'm not really worried about it. I'd rather see Wishes and realistically speaking I'm not sure Seth will sit through both.
Monday, 10/3 –
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare @ 10:05am (I switched this from Thursday b/c I want Thursday to be a day where we can stay at the resort all day if we want to before MNSSHP)
Free day
Dinner at Flying Fish @ 6:05pm

Tuesday, 10/4 -
MK
Seth’s 1st Haircut at Harmony Barber Shop @ 9:00am
Breakfast at Crystal Palace @ 10:20am w/ Erica, Will and her parents
Afternoon break
Dinner at The Wave @ 5:00 OR 1900 Park Fare @ 4:55 (I added 1900 as an option b/c of the appeal of the buffet. The more I think about it, the more I feel buffets will be great with Seth so I can let him try new things without worrying about him not liking something. We aren't going to do all buffets, but I wanted another one as an option. For now I'm keeping The Wave b/c I'm just not quite sure I want to get rid of it yet.)
Back to MK for Wishes

Wednesday, 10/5 –
EPCOT
Free evening
Dinner at Kona @ 6:30pm

Thursday, 10/6 –
Breakfast at Whispering Canyon @ 10:00 (I moved this from Friday as I feel like we'll just want to get on the road that day. And this way we can just stay at the resort all day if we want to before MNSSHP.)
Free day
LONG nap
MNSSHP

Friday, 10/7 –
Check out and hit the road

So that's the updated schedule. Thoughts?

Some pics/video of the ever-growing Seth-man. His 9-month well checkup was last week and he weighs 23 pounds, 13 ounces and is 30 inches tall! That's 3 inches since his 6-month appointment. The pediatrician was astounded at his growth lengthwise. My big boy! :goodvibes

Grocery shopping is just too much sometimes....

786a66c9.jpg

Playin' with Sherman....

5a87291b.jpg

Hello!

f3b095ea.jpg

I can't help myself...it's too funny not to post!

03682c21.jpg

Hangin' out at the lake....

f7628c75.jpg

He's super cool....

249604_2084555151735_1180825954_2524900_3515686_n.jpg

Helping Mommy with the laundry....

87249fdb.jpg

Ray bought him this ball yesterday and he LOVED it!

d8717d6f.jpg

f0fad62f.jpg

260334_2084632473668_1180825954_2525043_685294_n.jpg

His first time in a "real" pool (at Luke's birthday party)....

260346_2124558551583_1174442792_32664222_4166338_n.jpg

This was at my office last week before his doctor's appointment. We have a new employee!

151c90f1.jpg

He's been having fun on Thursdays and Fridays staying with my friend Jennifer while school is out for the summer. She has an 8yo girl and a 5yo boy who just love playing with him! She calls her daughter Seth's cougar b/c he is so smitten with her and she's older than him. :rotfl:

f8dfe328.jpg

e1ad1240.jpg

760df5dc.jpg

And here are a couple videos.

Daddy's feet are so much fun!

I do believe we may skip the crawling. He is doing so great with it - he gets up on all fours with his belly completely off the ground, but when he tries to move his arms forward he falls. But he's starting to "cruise" along the couch while holding on. I took this on Saturday and yesterday he was doing it even more. He would even let go of the couch at times and stand there for an entire minute before he fell.

And finally, here's a little birthday celebration we had the day before Luke's 7th birthday last week. I cannot believe he's 7!!!!!! :sad2: His real party was the next day at his grandmother's pool but we had a little dinner and cheesecake celebration the night before.

Your October plans look really great Dawn! I really agree about skipping EMH if you don't plan to stay for those hours anyway. They always draw more crowds.

Seth is seriously so adorable. He's really getting to be such a big boy! :) He is going to love Disney!

Your plans sound like so much fun! Yall are eating at some delicious places! YUM! :goodvibes

Seth is getting so big! Oh my goodness! He's absolutely precious, Dawn!

Wow! I can't believe how big both Seth AND Luke are getting! Time flies! :guilty:

WCC will be a great way to end your trip!

I would have had to stop shopping just to stand there and kiss on those sweet little cheeks for a minute.

It's fun to hear about your planning and re-planning as the trip draws nearer. :thumbsup2 I look forward to seeing a picture of Seth by the Wilderness Lodge bubbling fountain.

such cute pictures of your wonderful son!! love looking at them and reading your comments about them! Though I dont post much, I had to today since I could just feel all the love you have for you beautiful son!!:goodvibes

I think your new plans sound great! Your trip just keeps getting closer and closer, it will be here before you know it!

Cute pictures of Seth, I love the one of him asleep in the grocery cart, too funny!

30 inches! Way to go! Two more and he can ride the Speedway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter