Don't Mind Me, Just Talking Disney to Myself - #2MORESLEEPS - Airline Issues :/

disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
I've been deliberating whether to do this PTR or not but I'm just so stinking excited, I need somewhere to let that excitement ooze over.

Who & What
This trip has been YEARS in the making! My last trip to WDW was a solo visit Sept. 2012.This time I get to share the magic with my sister and her family. I'm SO SO SO excited! Our official countdown began at 419 days when the Armed Forces Salute discount was officially renewed and I called Disney to make our room reservation with the dining plan.

Cristabel (me) :wizard: - 26 years old. HUGE Disney junkie. If I'm not at my home park, DLR, I'm trying to plan a trip to Walt Disney World. This will be my third actual trip to Walt Disney World because heaven knows I have planned so many imaginary trips in between. I'm most looking forward to being completely immersed in the Disney bubble and experiencing the simple things with my niece.

DSis, D*Bear princess:- My older sister. Over the years she has become a bigger Disney fan and even more so now that she has a L*Bear. She and I have been on NUMEROUS Disneyland trips and she has been to WDW once in 2006. She's been really active in researching and planning this trip.
DBil, Goose :chewy: - He and my sister have been together for almost a decade. He has been to Disneyland with us many times but has never been to WDW. I've done a lot of dining plans with him in mind because I want to really get him hooked on this trip. If it goes well it would mean future trips!

DNeice, L*Bear ::MinnieMo- She will be 18 months on this trip. She has never been to a Disney park. I know she won't remember any of this when she's older but I will have hundreds of photos and videos that she can look at later :cutie: She is such a good girl and pretty low key. She can sleep just about anywhere now, which will definitely work to our benefit. She has only seen a handful of Disney movies so far but she really enjoys the Aristocats and Lilo & Stitch.

When:
September 13th - 18th

Where:
Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited:

ADRs
*Edited for changes

• 9/13 Ohana @ 6:30 PM
  • 9/14 Be Our Guest @ 6:05 PM
  • 9/15 Yachstman @ 6 PM
  • 9/16 Whispering Canyon Cafe @ 5 PM
  • 9/17 The Crystal Palace @ 10:25 AM

Last edited:

My sister almost gave me an anxiety attack!

I sent her a link about the Boathouse now being on the DDP on FB messenger and she didn't respond until 4 hours later with "Hey can we do the trip in October?".

And I'm like
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16415-1388953880-14.gif

She was asking if there was any possibility and I told her I already bought my airfare months ago, there is no guarantee of any rooms available under the military discount since October is a very popular time to go now and we definitely wouldn't get any ADRs since we are way past our 180 day mark.

While she did not respond immediately, I quickly pulled up disneyworld.com and started searching; First two weeks of October are sold out except one week had the Royal rooms and while nice, are much more expensive than our standard room. Then I started looking up dining and all the ones we wanted are very popular and have nothing available.

16 VERY long minutes later, she tells me it's okay then, we won't move it. I just had to ask if it was a possibility.

Now I when I see her next weekend (flying out for Memorial week YAY) I am going to hug her and then pinch her for giving me anxiety. It was a slow-breathing-into-a-paper-bag moment.

Non planners just don't understand the level of work that goes into a trip! :rotfl2:

My sister knew there would be a lot of planning involved but I don't think she realized how important the "deadlines" are when you are going during a time when a big promotion is offered and when the discount you are using (AFS/Free Dining/Room disc.) affects crowd levels and reservations.

I'm going to visit my sister and her family for Memorial week in 4 days! I'm excited to see her, my BIL and my niece. I know we'll do some serious Disney talk, probably trying to plan our touring plans or decided on our must do's!

:moped::hyper:

Not much on the planning part but we are down to 116 days and only 56 days until FP+ time! We will definitely have to decide on those with my BIL as I think my sister will be visiting us when I have to make our FP+ selections.

Oh and it looks like I have another trip in the works, this one for 2017 so plenty of time to plan and save $ :)

Our trip is officially paid off! My sister paid her half online today. I can't believe we are getting so close. 48 days until our FP+ date. Now I have to really buckle down and save for any extras during the trip.

Right now I'm seeing a killer airfare deal on Southwest. RT from ATL to MCO for $108. I'm trying to convince my sister that we should fly after all because a) my niece wouldn't need a ticket because b) we'd be there in 90 minutes.

90 minutes vs. SIX + HOURS.

I'm trying to convince her that the extra we'd be paying, about $100 more versus driving because of gas + food costs, is worth it because of the convenience of time and not having to try to shove all our stuff into her tiny scion XB. We would each get two checked bags, which isn't necessary for myself but my niece would need my second checked bag for all her extra baby stuff (diapers, wipes, etc) that we wouldn't get on the road like we would have if we were driving ourselves.

Also, the stroller would be gate-checked so no need to worry about trying to fit it in her non-existent trunk.

What do you think? Do you think the extra $$ is worth it?

I would have to buy another airplane ticket but it would still be cheaper than if I had flown directly to MCO from LAX.

Well flying is out of the question because I completely forgot that they want to go to Seaworld after WDW since my BIL gets in for free.

Oh well!

I forgot to post but yesterday we reached double digits!

We are now officially 98 days until Walt Disney World!
YAY!!

Shopping!

I love to shop for Lola bear because they have the cutest clothes for toddlers and you can get them for relatively cheap. It will be a sad day when we can't buy her clothes by the outfit.

This is my Kmart, Carters and Children's Place haul!

wlcdia.jpg

Right now Kmart has BOGO free outfit pieces (t-shirts, tanks, shorts) and Carters swimsuits are 50% off with accessories at 40% off, Sunglasses from Children's Place were $1.99 each!

this girl is gonna be stylin' all summer long!

I did stop by the Disney Store to check out their Twice Upon a Year Sale. I didn't see anything that I loved or "had" to have and the prices weren't so great either but it is Disney after all. I feel I could find cuter and/or cheaper Disney clothes through Kohls, Old Navy or Target.

BUT! I did find something for myself :lovestruc
2rc0co3.jpg

a Sadness Tsum Tsum!

Heads up for other Tsum Tsum lovers: the July collection will be Lilo & Stitch! I will definitely be there to get Scrump and Lilo as I already got Stitch which I bought for my niece because she loves him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter