An October 2012 trip in the making Update 10/4 - Final update

The where.

If you had followed my previous reports you know I change my mind often. Between the resort and the adr’s I am constantly changing. With DVC that is really not an option.
Now the dates for the trip were 10/5-10/13 and I was going solo and staying at AofA or POP. Then while we were in the “World” in April Vinny said he will go in October. Okay time to make change number 1. He wants to stay DVC. Hmmm, that is a problem being we don’t have enough points for the entire time.
Okay I look and the only thing we can afford with points is not good. So we look and decide to change the dates. Now the dinner is the night of the 12th so we have to be there for that.
Airfare was expensive for the weekend but if we leave on Columbus Day it is cheaper, a lot. So we then decided to book 10/8 – 10/16. Now the points I could get at Saratoga Springs Resort were from 10/8-10/13. I took them. Then I was going to book AofA for the extra days.
Then I wait listed for Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas. (Stop laughing) I know at Food and Wine Festival it is going to be impossible.
The weekend of the 12th Vinny’s granddaughter will be joining us. She lives in Florida and will be coming up to see us. I cannot wait.
Okay cut to 2 weeks ago. I canceled SSR. We then were going to do a regular resort. An hour later I go online and rebook SSR. Oh I had also canceled the wait lists. Two days later I waitlist Beach Club from 10/8-10/13. A week later I waitlist BWV standard view from 10/8-10/15. Then I booked Art of Animation for 10/13-10/16. However, at this point we have decided to extend the trip and now I need a resort for 10/16-10/20. This has not been booked yet but the choices are.

Caribbean Beach Resort – Pirate room.
Port Orleans Riverside – Royal room.
Stay at AofA for the entire trip.
Coronado Springs.

I should decide soon.

So that is where we are right now. Did you get all that? LOL

breakingdownthedays.jpg

So based on all this, the only thing I gathered is that you are going to WDW in October, for sure. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You snubbed our DIS meet in October 2011 :snooty:, so I am giving you another chance in October 2012. ;)

We're there from the 5th to the 13th, so we'll look at plans a little closer as time goes by. I know we are going to do MNSSHP, but I am not sure what night.

The where.

If you had followed my previous reports you know I change my mind often. Between the resort and the adr’s I am constantly changing. With DVC that is really not an option.
Now the dates for the trip were 10/5-10/13 and I was going solo and staying at AofA or POP. Then while we were in the “World” in April Vinny said he will go in October. Okay time to make change number 1. He wants to stay DVC. Hmmm, that is a problem being we don’t have enough points for the entire time.
Okay I look and the only thing we can afford with points is not good. So we look and decide to change the dates. Now the dinner is the night of the 12th so we have to be there for that.
Airfare was expensive for the weekend but if we leave on Columbus Day it is cheaper, a lot. So we then decided to book 10/8 – 10/16. Now the points I could get at Saratoga Springs Resort were from 10/8-10/13. I took them. Then I was going to book AofA for the extra days.
Then I wait listed for Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas. (Stop laughing)

:lmao:COME ON I have to laugh at this ;).

I know at Food and Wine Festival it is going to be impossible.
The weekend of the 12th Vinny’s granddaughter will be joining us. She lives in Florida and will be coming up to see us. I cannot wait.

Hope you have a great visit!!

Okay cut to 2 weeks ago. I canceled SSR. We then were going to do a regular resort. An hour later I go online and rebook SSR. Oh I had also canceled the wait lists. Two days later I waitlist Beach Club from 10/8-10/13. A week later I waitlist BWV standard view from 10/8-10/15. Then I booked Art of Animation for 10/13-10/16. However, at this point we have decided to extend the trip and now I need a resort for 10/16-10/20. This has not been booked yet but the choices are.

This just shows me how happy I am that when I rent points I am set in stone for the time frame and the resort, I can't fiddle with it :thumbsup2.

Caribbean Beach Resort – Pirate room.
Port Orleans Riverside – Royal room.
Stay at AofA for the entire trip.
Coronado Springs.

I should decide soon.

So that is where we are right now. Did you get all that? LOL

Oh I got it, you will change it a couple more times but I got it :rotfl:. I can't wait to hear more. I hope the Ip Dippers have a fantastic time :goodvibes.

You snubbed our DIS meet in October 2011 :snooty:, so I am giving you another chance in October 2012. ;)

We're there from the 5th to the 13th, so we'll look at plans a little closer as time goes by. I know we are going to do MNSSHP, but I am not sure what night.
:scared: :banana:
Definitely will meet. Like I said the 12th is our dinner and another night we are having dinner with friends at California Grill.

Soctt, those are all good choices. I wouldn't be able to pick just one!
I know I am having difficulties.

Oh I got it, you will change it a couple more times but I got it :rotfl:. I can't wait to hear more. I hope the Ip Dippers have a fantastic time :goodvibes.
:mad: I have a reputation around here of changing my mind. I have no idea where people get this from. :rotfl2:
Thanks. Maybe one year you and Bill will make another appearance.

Okay I said next update was going to be the breakdown of days but I wanted to first list the adr’s we have. So far. There are still some days that I have none yet.

We are using the Tables In Wonderland card. This will be the 2nd use for use and I love it. You get 20% off at tables services and a couple quick services. If you would like to read about it click here. http://tablesinwonderland.com/

Here is the list so far.

• The Turf Club & Bar
  • Teppan Edo
  • 50’s Prime Time Café (had to fight for this one).
  • California Grill w/ Lorrie and Kristel
  • Coral Reef
  • Whispering Canyon Café (ip dip dinner)
  • Tutto Italia (w/ Vinny’s granddaughter)
  • The Plaza Restaurant
  • Tony’s Town Square
  • Grand Floridian café
  • Fulton’s Crab House

So these are all the ones I have done now. I do have to do the 17th – 20th still. As I breakdown the days I will list the places for that day. I am somewhat happy with them and feel some changes coming but maybe not. The posts will get longer. I have 79 days to stretch this over. :rotfl2:

blank_screen_on_computercopy.jpg

We are trying Tony's for the first time this August and California Grill for the first time in October.:cool1:

WoW!!! I'm impressed with all of those ADRs!! ::yes:: We don't even know where we're staying yet!!!! Waiting for AP rates to come out! :rolleyes2

We are trying Tony's for the first time this August and California Grill for the first time in October.:cool1:
We enjoyed Tony's and hopefully will again and I hope you do to.
Cali Grill is great. did you do it when fireworks are going to be happening?

WoW!!! I'm impressed with all of those ADRs!! ::yes:: We don't even know where we're staying yet!!!! Waiting for AP rates to come out! :rolleyes2
Thank you. :rotfl2:
I was waiting for that but those weeks are blacked out from free dining so I figure it is peak time and no discounts.

I have a question to all. Which do you prefer?

a small camera that can fit in your pocket and no bag.

or

a dslr camera and a camera bag and go through bag.

I do like the ease of going through the non-bag line.

So which one do you prefer? I will explain later in the pre tr why I ask.

or

We have a great little camera that Frank uses which I think might be the only camera we are bringing for October. You have been there done that so many times I would just go without the dslr and be free.

or

I use a small camera....although it fits in my bag!! :rotfl2: Still have to go through the bag check line! If I didn't have to carry a bag, I'd love it!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter