An everchanging Sept PTR (update 7-15 What will we wear and Day 5 plans)

How fun that y'all get to meet up with friends on the 1st day! :yay: Can't wait to hear about the guest speaker...sounds interesting! :goodvibes

Either plan sounds good...going to AoA 1st or heading straight to Pepper Market. :thumbsup2

Yay for a Dis Meet! Those are always fun.

Anxious to see who your speaker is.

Love the Pepper Market. CS is one of my favorite resorts. I love its theming.

The plans for your first day look great. The boys will enjoy the Dismeet and I'm sure you will too!

How fun that y'all get to meet up with friends on the 1st day! :yay: Can't wait to hear about the guest speaker...sounds interesting! :goodvibes

Either plan sounds good...going to AoA 1st or heading straight to Pepper Market. :thumbsup2

Thanks, we are excited to meet some seasoned homeschoolers as we begin our homeschooling journey

Yay for a Dis Meet! Those are always fun.

Anxious to see who your speaker is.

Love the Pepper Market. CS is one of my favorite resorts. I love its theming.

Thanks, it's not exactly a Dis meet, but there will be other Disers there. I've never been to CS so I'm excited to explore another resort.

Joining in !! Everything looks great so far .. I'm excited for you all ! :banana:

Thanks and :welcome:

The plans for your first day look great. The boys will enjoy the Dismeet and I'm sure you will too!

Our meet should be fun, it's not specifically a Dismeet but more a homeschooler meet but there will be other Disers there. The exciting thing is we should run into our new friends all week:goodvibes

Our family had a mini vacation this past weekend, it was much needed. My husband worked a football camp in the mornings while the boys and I swam in the hotel pool, then we had a fun family outing each afternoon and a dinner out and then a night swim. The boys eating habits have me questioning our dining plan for Disney, but I'm hoping for the best.

On to our day two plans, after a good nights sleep we are hoping to make park opening at MK

any advice for how early to get there using Disney transportation?

We will stop to take some fun pictures
Photo0106FourBySix.jpg
Photo0129FourBySix.jpg

as we make our way to ride Dumbo, excited to see the new Dumbo area. After Dumbo we may leave Fantasyland and head over to Buzz, as I know the boys plan to ride this several times during our trip. We have a few days planned in MK so we won't feel rushed to cram everything in this morning.

We will head back to the hotel when it starts heating up and we'll take a dip in the pool and relax in our room. Lunch for this day is up in the air but will be QS.

After our rest we will head to
Photo0020FourBySix.jpg

We did an evening in Epcot on our last trip and it was fun. Very easy going, this evening though we will have a purpose. We have two things on our list
1. Dinner at Coral Reef, hoping for a tank side seat
2. Illuminations with our new friends from the Mega Meet the night before
springbreak2011019-1.jpg

Here are my kids last trip
springbreak2011014.jpg
They had a mixed review as we didn't have the best view with that pole in front of us and fireworks are of course loud. Last time they got ice-cream while they watched and that is what they remember, so that is their plan for this trip as well. My Mom didn't get to see Illumations on the last trip, so she is excited to watch for the first time.

Aside from those two things we will probably ride Nemo, watch the sea life swim in the tanks (a highlight from our last trip), maybe talk to a Turtle, and get our first passport stamps near our Illumations meet area.

The basic plan for these first few days is to really take it easy and to let the boys lead the plans. We'll have our must do lists, but if we don't get to something it will be ok as we know we will get to go back another day.

Sounds like a good plan for the day! :thumbsup2

When I want to make it for Rope Drop, we are usually at the resort bus stop an hour before park opening. So, if MK opens at 9am that day, I would be in line at the bus stop for 8am, 815am. But, I'm also really insistent that we make it to the parks a little before park opening. So, some people may not leave as early as I do.

I'm so excited to see the new Storybook Circus area. It looks so cute! :goodvibes Reid & I watched a video this week of the inside of the circus tent at Dumbo. Have you seen it? It looks like so much fun! Some kids may not want to leave to go ride Dumbo. :laughing:

I agree with amandaw, be at the bus stop an hour before park opening to get there, especially if you want to see the pre-show.

The plans look great and great idea to plan several trips to MK to fit it all in and not be rushed.

Your Day 2 plans sound great to me! :thumbsup2 I'm anxious to hear how you like Coral Reef. We've never eaten there but I've been curious about it.

Subbing! I am going in Sept too...have to go back and read all your plans!

:welcome: Hooray for Sept trips

Sounds like a good plan for the day! :thumbsup2

When I want to make it for Rope Drop, we are usually at the resort bus stop an hour before park opening. So, if MK opens at 9am that day, I would be in line at the bus stop for 8am, 815am. But, I'm also really insistent that we make it to the parks a little before park opening. So, some people may not leave as early as I do.

I'm so excited to see the new Storybook Circus area. It looks so cute! :goodvibes Reid & I watched a video this week of the inside of the circus tent at Dumbo. Have you seen it? It looks like so much fun! Some kids may not want to leave to go ride Dumbo. :laughing:

Thanks for the Rope Drop advice, I really hope we can see the opening this time. I haven't seen the new Storybook Circus area, but we are certainly excited about it.

I agree with amandaw, be at the bus stop an hour before park opening to get there, especially if you want to see the pre-show.

The plans look great and great idea to plan several trips to MK to fit it all in and not be rushed.

Thanks, we definately hope to see the pre-show. At least so the boys can say they saw it once, not sure how they will like it, but I want them to try things at least once and then they can tell me no more or yes more.:goodvibes

Your Day 2 plans sound great to me! :thumbsup2 I'm anxious to hear how you like Coral Reef. We've never eaten there but I've been curious about it.

I have always wanted to dine at Coral Reef, wanted to on our honeymoon, had so many plans for that trip, but that was pre DIS and I didn't know about ADR's or anything else and we really winged that trip. Hoping for tank side to keep boys interested.

Hopefully will have day three plans posted in the next couple days, our schedule has been crazy busy, I'm working Monday to Thursday 7am-5pm right now and our weekends have been busy with family time, packing, and cleaning (more on all that coming up soon too)

I'm still going back and forth on how many sit down places we have booked, right now we have the dining plan. Not sure if I'll keep it or not. If we keep it here are our plans for Day 3...

Today will be an early morning because I plan to take advantage of EMH this day to avoid the heat. We are headed to AK which will open at 8 am. The plan is to get there before 8 and head straight to Kiliminjaro Safari.

We will again just go with the flow, but at the top of our list to do today are:
Finding Nemo the Musical (new for all of us)
The Boneyard (new for all of us)
Triceratop Spin (a favorite from the last trip)
and I'm hoping to talk the boys in trying Kali River Rapids (this would be new for the boys)

As of right now we have lunch planned in DTD at Captain Jacks

Then we'll head to the hotel for swimming and relaxation.

If the boys are up to more exploring than we may head to MK for the evening after it cools down a bit and go on whatever rides they didn't get to do the day before or ride Buzz a few more times.

Dinner will be a QS either in the hotel or in MK.

If they opt to just relax at the resort for the evening than we may head to the arcade or just explore more of the other areas of the resort. I'm really going to try and just go with the flow of the boys more as I won't be stressed to cram everything in since we are looking into AP's. And I'm already planning our next adventure.

That sounds like it will be a very nice day! It should be a rather leisurely day....we at least by Disney standards. :rotfl2:

Sounds like a great plan. You will all love Finding Nemo and the boys will love the Boneyard.

The value resorts have so many activities to do at the pool, I know they will enjoy hanging out at it.

If you are questioning your TS meals then I would suggest you cancel the dining plan. When things go haywire dining can be a issue. It's also one of the easiest things to substitute. In April we were headed to Ragland Rd for dinner. Rain caused the boat to be shut down and the bus was taking forever. To save the night (as we were hungry and getting tired....great combo huh?) I called an audible and switched to Wolfgang Puck Express. Turned out to be one of our best meals. The other thing that I really liked that we did in April was to eat both Captain Cooks at the Poly and the Contempo Cafe at CR.

That sounds like it will be a very nice day! It should be a rather leisurely day....we at least by Disney standards. :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great plan. You will all love Finding Nemo and the boys will love the Boneyard.

The value resorts have so many activities to do at the pool, I know they will enjoy hanging out at it.

Thanks, my little bossy pants came out again today (Joey) and he was looking at his 5 and under map from our last trip and Finding Nemo Show and Boneyard were the two things he kept telling me we have to do and that he is planning our trip :confused3:lmao:

If you are questioning your TS meals then I would suggest you cancel the dining plan. When things go haywire dining can be a issue. It's also one of the easiest things to substitute. In April we were headed to Ragland Rd for dinner. Rain caused the boat to be shut down and the bus was taking forever. To save the night (as we were hungry and getting tired....great combo huh?) I called an audible and switched to Wolfgang Puck Express. Turned out to be one of our best meals. The other thing that I really liked that we did in April was to eat both Captain Cooks at the Poly and the Contempo Cafe at CR.

Thanks Heidi, I was all ready to cancel the dining plan when things went haywire... been trying to post an update but first work got in the way, and then the upcoming move got in the way, and I've spent the last three days sick in bed, that sick where I couldn't get out of bed sick. What a way to spend my 4th of July vacation.

Update coming tomorrow with plans for day 4 and new changes in plans, yes more changes, remember this is the everchanging pre trip report

This summer is really flying by, we are 57 days away from our trip and 22 days away from a move. I've been working crazy hours at work and have three more weeks to go and the Monday after my last day we are moving south.:goodvibes A lot closer to the Mouse, the boys can't wait to be in Sunny Florida. Our upcoming move has really helped keep the boys entertained with not constantly asking about our trip (though of course they do ask)

Changes: Ok so this pre trip report would not be everchanging if I didn't have some updated changes. My sister and niece are no longer joining us on our trip so our plans have changed slightly.

With that change we changed our dates at AoA to Mon-Sat, we wanted to keep the stay there even though its more space than we need because the boys are so excited about staying in the Cars room. The second part of our trip will either be moving into POP on Saturday until Wed or we may head home for a couple days for some possible activities the boys might need to attend.

We kept the dining plan for the first part of our trip, but will not have it for the second half of the trip. And with my sister and niece not coming now we moved our Teppan Edo ADR back to Tues, so we have two meals planned for that day and it is now a full day at Epcot. :thumbsup2

Teppan-Edo-4.jpg

and Corral Reef
coralreef.jpg

Wednesday is still at AK but instead of lunch at Capt Jack's that day we will have dinner at Raglan Road.
wdw-dd-raglanroad.jpg

I figure since AK closes earlier than the other parks and with the heat we probably will leave AK after lunch anyways so dinner DTD will be good that day. And I think Jack is going to be so excited about the live entertainment that he will be on cloud nine all night. Jack does not like taking pictures with characters, but I have a feeling he might like one with an Irish dancer he one will pose with him.:flower3:

Now onto Day 4 Plans:

We will start our day at MK for EMH at 8am and I'm sure we'll head straight to Buzz, much of this day will be spent with the group, we have a scavenger hunt at 10:30 am with the group and a Dole Whip meet in the afternoon.
DoleWhip.jpg

I have not been a fan of the Dole Whip, but want to give it another chance since that statement doesn't seem to be something a good DISer would say. And my boys will be tasting one for the first time. Exciting stuff there.
After our Dole Whip meet we will leave MK and head over to DHS for dinner at Sci-Fi, this was a must do on our list of places to eat and it was the only place I could fit it in during the first part of our trip.
Sci-Fi-July-2010.jpg

We will probably visit a few attractions that aren't that busy if that is possible in DHS. If not it won't be a big deal since we will be back to explore that park another day, the main purpose is to eat dinner.

Here is a favorite picture from our MK day last year, Joey says he needs to find that sword and eye patch again to use with his costume for MNSSHP.
springbreak2011195.jpg

WOW! Great changes! :thumbsup2 I can't believe y'all are moving. That is so exciting (and stressful :rotfl:) Hope everything goes smoothly with the move. I can't wait to hear all about the Cars suite. They look so cute. I will admit - I have never tried a Dole Whip. But, I fully intend to rectify that this year. Plans are looking great!

Yikes! I don't know how you can keep up with everything with so much going on!!

Since this is the everchanging PTR, I can't wait to find out which plans finally stick. ;)

WOW! Great changes! :thumbsup2 I can't believe y'all are moving. That is so exciting (and stressful :rotfl:) Hope everything goes smoothly with the move. I can't wait to hear all about the Cars suite. They look so cute. I will admit - I have never tried a Dole Whip. But, I fully intend to rectify that this year. Plans are looking great!

Yes the moving is stressful, and my DH has a business trip this week, so he'll be gone all week, my Mom is arriving today to help with the boys for this week. I'm going to take TONS of pictures of AoA and our suite. Can't wait to hear how you like the Dole Whip.

Yikes! I don't know how you can keep up with everything with so much going on!!

Since this is the everchanging PTR, I can't wait to find out which plans finally stick. ;)

Thanks Amy, three day weekends help with all our craziness. Thursday I worked 10 1/2 hours, it's just the nature of my job you never know what is going to happen.

Well for now our plans are hopefully going to stick as I made the final payment on AoA/dining today. And I got word today that Joey is in the soccer program so most likely we will have to drive home for a couple days, but hoping he can just skip one game and we can have our full 10 days in Disney without leaving for a couple days.

I'll be posting an update tomorrow, as tomorrow we will be 50 days away from our vacation, and to me that is always a milestone. Plus yesterday we did some shopping for both the move and the Disney trip so I'll post pictures of our purchases for the trip as well as some crafty things I've made for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter