Amtrak auto train questions

I was hoping this would be a recent experience post. I'm freaking out because I've been watching the times and all this week it has been late. 9 hours one day! 6 today! I leave on Tuesday. Anyone know what's going on? Why the horrible delays?

Because it's Amtrak.

Because it's Amtrak.

Amtrak doesn't control the tracks that the Auto Train travels on. CSX does. They get priority and they control the maintenance schedule. Delays can be weather related also which may be part of this past weeks' delays since there was flooding in the south (SC in particular). But, you cannot blame Amtrak for the delays.

Amtrak doesn't control the tracks that the Auto Train travels on. CSX does. They get priority and they control the maintenance schedule. Delays can be weather related also which may be part of this past weeks' delays since there was flooding in the south (SC in particular). But, you cannot blame Amtrak for the delays.

The fact that they operate on tracks they don't own = Amtrak is part of the problem. :)

It's my answer for any "why is it delayed" train problem in America. This is how trains work here. Sad but true.

It's funny to go to England where they will throw their train system under the bus at a moments notice, complaining of delays, when their delays are a matter of minutes, not half a day. But they are comparing themselves to other European train systems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter