Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm also trying really hard not to get my hopes up. The longer we wait, the more difficult that is. It's so hard not to picture myself on the training trip. And, while I totally agree that is good to be positive and optimistic, the years that I've pictured myself there were also the years that the 'no thank you' was the most difficult to take.

I totally agree, Marci. I think the longer the wait, the harder the rejection. First I try to tell myself all the reasons they won't pick me, to soften the blow. then that makes me crazy so I try to remind myself all the good things about my application. Odds are not "ever in our favor" in terms of simple statistics. I guess we'll just know when we know. For those of us that are repeat applicants who know a lot about the panel, we have a lot of emotional investment in the process.

The "Peace on Earth" duet of Bowie and Bing is my all-time-favorite Christmas song! I watched when they first aired the duet on Bing Crosby's Christmas Special in 1977. It was a truly amazing and memorable moment ... shortly after they filmed/recorded the Christmas special (because there was no live TV in those days), Bing passed away. So sad :(

YES YES and YES. :thumbsup2

I'm also trying really hard not to get my hopes up. The longer we wait, the more difficult that is. It's so hard not to picture myself on the training trip. And, while I totally agree that is good to be positive and optimistic, the years that I've pictured myself there were also the years that the 'no thank you' was the most difficult to take.

Marci,

Live it girl! I don't think having high hopes made you fall lower than normal. I've listen to your podcast and you are exactly MP material. If it doesn't work out, it is just one of those things. Sometimes statistics work for us and sometimes not. Eventually I believe you will make it! And I think you do too down deep. You've really got a sparkle.

I've been reading Brene Browns book about Daring Greatly and it confirmed in my heart to seize each moment. Sometimes we will get hurt. But at least we will be living whole heatedly.

Good luck friends!

Brenda.

Looks like we'll definitely know something next week!

@Gary_Jerry: Hello #DisneyMP guests, our current goal is to have news to you on 11/13 or 11/14 via email. It will be the move from Rnd 2 to Rnd. 3. The Judging Committee is working to complete the process by mid-week & move to Rnd. 3. The applications are very impressive. For your #DisneyMP background, the Judging Committee invested additional time in this round b/c Rnd 3 will be much smaller than in the past

I really appreciate Gary and how thoughtful he has been throughout this process. He knows we are all so invested, wanting to know every little detail. Three cheers for Gary and his team, even if they can't choose us all!

Marci, Live it girl! I don't think having high hopes made you fall lower than normal. I've listen to your podcast and you are exactly MP material. If it doesn't work out, it is just one of those things. Sometimes statistics work for us and sometimes not. Eventually I believe you will make it! And I think you do too down deep. You've really got a sparkle. I've been reading Brene Browns book about Daring Greatly and it confirmed in my heart to seize each moment. Sometimes we will get hurt. But at least we will be living whole heatedly. Good luck friends! Brenda.

Thank you so much Brenda! That's very sweet of you to say. :-) I'm very happy with my submission so whatever will be will be!

I do have to say that I am SO happy with all of the amazing communication we've been receiving from Gary this year. I feel much more part of the process and it's great to have a heads up in knowing when to expect notification. And I love that he's letting us ask him questions!!! I just hope I'm not bugging him! Lol

It appears as though our speculation about a smaller R3 was correct.

Now I'm super nervous!

I wish I was one of those athletic runDisney types who could go and run a few miles to distract my brain!

This has been awesome...just to make it this far is incredible!

Pixie Dust and :grouphug: to all!!!!!

Thank you so much Brenda! That's very sweet of you to say. :-) I'm very happy with my submission so whatever will be will be!

I do have to say that I am SO happy with all of the amazing communication we've been receiving from Gary this year. I feel much more part of the process and it's great to have a heads up in knowing when to expect notification. And I love that he's letting us ask him questions!!! I just hope I'm not bugging him! Lol

I agree! This has been the best process so far for me. Gary has done a great job, but the best part has been getting to know all of you.:)

I really appreciate Gary and how thoughtful he has been throughout this process. He knows we are all so invested, wanting to know every little detail. Three cheers for Gary and his team, even if they can't choose us all!

Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

I 100% agree. The information being passed down has been a welcome surprise. If we are bothering him he's not showing it. They seem as invested and excited as we are! That has made this application process so magical.

I've been reading Brene Browns book about Daring Greatly and it confirmed in my heart to seize each moment. Sometimes we will get hurt. But at least we will be living whole heatedly. Good luck friends! Brenda.

I've been thinking along the same lines. I've focused a lot this year on dumping commitments that I'm no longer passionate about to free up time and energy for things that I really do love. I've had so many wonderful opportunities this year and it makes me really happy.

On a related note - I just made the writing team for the Capturing Magic blog. I've been a guest on the podcast a couple times but I'm really looking forward to writing for the blog. Working on my first post this weekend. :-)

I've been thinking along the same lines. I've focused a lot this year on dumping commitments that I'm no longer passionate about to free up time and energy for things that I really do love. I've had so many wonderful opportunities this year and it makes me really happy.

On a related note - I just made the writing team for the Capturing Magic blog. I've been a guest on the podcast a couple times but I'm really looking forward to writing for the blog. Working on my first post this weekend. :-)

Congratulations!!!!!! That's fantastic!

I've been thinking along the same lines. I've focused a lot this year on dumping commitments that I'm no longer passionate about to free up time and energy for things that I really do love. I've had so many wonderful opportunities this year and it makes me really happy. On a related note - I just made the writing team for the Capturing Magic blog. I've been a guest on the podcast a couple times but I'm really looking forward to writing for the blog. Working on my first post this weekend. :-)

Congratulations!

I noticed on FB that there is another mom from Lynchburg (unless that is you :)). What a small world! My 3 siblings went to JMU as well. The Valley is Gorgeous right now! We hit the peak with leaves this weekend. Not ready to give up fall yet. Do you get to come back and visit VA often?

What a small world. I live in Lynchburg but am originally from Martinsville. I may be the other mom. :-)

That's awesome that you made the writing team! :cheer2: I was wondering where you've been...hadn't heard much from you lately! :) Glad you're back with good news. :cool2:

I've been thinking along the same lines. I've focused a lot this year on dumping commitments that I'm no longer passionate about to free up time and energy for things that I really do love. I've had so many wonderful opportunities this year and it makes me really happy. On a related note - I just made the writing team for the Capturing Magic blog. I've been a guest on the podcast a couple times but I'm really looking forward to writing for the blog. Working on my first post this weekend. :-)

Congrats!

GREAT NEWS!!! yay!!

How was your trip to WDW? Have good weather?

Way to go!! Enjoy an I can't wait to hear your first podcast!

We love Christmas in my family, and according to some research I did online, in the Philippines Christmas season expands any month that ends in "ber". Soooo, since DH is part Filipino, we should have started September 1st, but we held out till November 1st. Lol

And come on, once the red cups are available it's CHRISTMAS! :santa:

:mic: I will only admit this here, because I trust you all not to make fun of me!!!! :rolleyes1 My favorite holiday album is... NSync Christmas! :upsidedow
I just realised this was my 1,000th post!!!!! :cheer2:

Ha ha!! I love it!! I'm a huge boy band fan!!

I'm like Marshay, I can't choose just one favorite album!

Billboard Greatest Christmas Hits: 1935-1954 and The Best of the Stars Come Out for Christmas always have heavy rotation, because they are the albums I listened to the most while I was growing up. I also adore Clay Aiken's Christmas Albums (is that more or less embarrassing than N'Sync? :rotfl:)

That is one of my favorite Christmas albums, too!!! :).

Well I am glad I'm not the only one who is a fan of boy bands! I do love me some Clay Aiken, but haven't heard his Christmas album... I may have to get that one this year! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter