Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

Good Morning. I had a restless night last night so I am extra tired this morning. Bring on the Diet Pepsi for some Caffine! I forgot to mention yesterday that I did do my exercise tape last night so that part I did stay focused. DH and I need to walk on both Saturday and Sunday morning this weekend.

B: Egg Salad
L: Not sure - I guess whatever looks good when I get home. Might grill some fish, might just make a salad, or eat some lunch meat and cheese.
D: Chicken breast and veggies.

Doing a scrapbooking thing tonight with my SIL and I hope there are no snacks. I've got a very busy weekend a head of me which is a bit of a bummer because I would really like to relax at home this weekend. One of the things I am doing is bridesmaid dress shopping but being 10 lbs lighter will hopefully make that more enjoyable. I weighed myself this morning (I couldn't help it) and it sadi 155lbs which would be 10 lbs - but I am going to see if I can maintain that over the weekend before I put on my new clippie.

~Amanda

:sunny: :sunny: Hi, Amanda! :sunny: :sunny: I had such fun reading your journal this morning! You've got so much to celebrate--wearing your "skinny" clothes, a new clippie on the way, making better choices for yourself! :Pinkbounc I'm happy for you!

I didn't advance my little bear yesterday, so I'm going to join you and Doe in the challenge to make today cheat free, OK? The more the merrier, I always say.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Have fun bridesmaid dress shopping; I think that you're going to really feel pride in yourself when you go to try on some new things. I hope that you realize all the positive changes you're making in your life--modifying how you eat at parties, when you go out for dinner, planning for exercise--these are truly lifestyle changes that are becoming a part of who you are. There's no going back, Amanda. You're becoming a stunning new you!princess:

Enjoy your weekend, but carve out some of that time you need just for yourself.

:hug: ,
Erin

Wow what a day so far! I woke up very very late this morning so I had to run in the shower get ready and make a breakfast in about 30 minutes of my friend arriving. I had an egg with cheese. I needed a soda/caffine and drank half a mountain dew - not the best choice - I know. So I'm off to a bad foot and I know I won't be able to count this day as cheat free already. GO bridesmaid shopping. It is so nice to go shopping and actually be able to wear some of the dresses. I love being 10 pounds lighter and my friend even commented on my weightloss. We found our dress which is just awesome. Lunch was at bread company which was a bowl of broccoli cheese soup - 12 carbs, water, and a little bit of the roll. Dinner tonight is at a steak house. I'll be sticking to meat and veggies during the meal and drinking lots of water. Even though I can't count today as cheat free I know that I am doing the best that I can and still making better decisions then I would have in the past.

I was however cheat free for yesterday so I will be rolling my bear over since I haven't done that yet! Everyone have a good day and I will see ya tomorrow.

~Amanda

I am just finishing page 1 of your journal. Just wanted to post a "hello" before I finish reading. Will check-in and read more tomorrow.......

Have a good day!

Let me start this by saying "I'm not a wine drinker." Last night at the steak house my friend talked me into splitting a bottle of red wine. It was really good red wine. My meal was a 8 oz Filet Mignon, 7 grilled shrimp, grilled veggies, and dinner salad. The meal was to die for. So were the 3 glasses of wine that I drank. And here is what is funny about wine...it doesn't hit ya until you stand up. So after we are done with our meal I proceed to stand up and it hits me. "I'm drunk." :upsidedow: Know what happens when I get drunk? I stop thinking about carbs. I know I had 2 drinks of something else with Captain Morgan Silver in it. It was good but I don't remember what it was. And I know I snacked on chips well because I was drunk. We got home about 12:30a.m. last night and when I woke up at 7:30a.m. this morning my head feels like it is going to explode. :headache: Now I remember why I am not a wine drinker. ::yes:: So my plan for today - lots of water to combat the hangover and dehydration from alcohol. Lots of light non threatening foods and just trying to take it easy today.:blush:

~Amanda

Poor Amanda.....here's a very quiet and gentle :hug: for you.

I very rarely drink, for exactly the reasons you detailed, but I remember that feeling of standing up and thinking "what have I done? :crazy: ". Alcohol creates carb cravings, so no surprise that you went a bit overboard. :p Oh well, try to take it easy today and chalk it all up to a lesson learned. I know it took me several tries to learn that lesson. :teeth: :eek:

You'll be feeling better soon, sweetie. Til then, just try to do the best you can. :D

Hiya Doe. I haven't drank hardly anything since starting the Protein Power plan back in late November. Even over the holidays I avoided drinking. But ya know - my book says red wine is okay - I'm sure it didn't mean three glasses though. Yikes. My head is already feeling much better thanks to Advil and water. Not sure if I am ready to try food yet today and am really not hungry. Wouldn't be surprised if I was still full from all the protein last night. That meal was incredible! Of course DH and my bill was also $67 - YIKES! But it was worth every penny.

~Amanda

Good Morning. Well I don't get to roll over my bear clippie.

Today is a brand new day and I am planning on rolling him over at the end of the day.

B: Omelet with ham, green peppers, and mushrooms (5)

L: Half of a leftover Chef's Salad (3)

D: Creamy Italian Chicken in a crockpot.

S: Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding.

Lots of water today, exercise will be 30 minutes of walking even though it is freezing outside.

Amanda, I didn't get to roll over my bear either. :rolleyes: Today will be our day, though, to see that number go up!

Hang in there! :sunny:

Well so far so good today. No cravings - I've had 6 glasses of water already which is quite a lot for me. I'm looking forward to my cheesy italian chicken but I need to figure out the carbs for it. I'm going to make some Sugar Free Jello to get through the rest of the week. My plan this week - keep it simple. I think I was getting a little to adventurous with myself and therefore extra carbs were creeping in on me. If I keep it simple then it is harder to mess up.

I checked my chicken at lunch and it looks great. This is such a great recipe and one that I can throw in the pot and it takes care of itself. Take a cup of Italian Dressing (oil based) and put a little at the bottom of crockpot. Put frozen chicken breast on top of sauce and then cover with rest of sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours, when ready to serve add sour cream to sauce until it becomes cheesy spoon over chicken and veggies. I'm going to chop up cauliflower and add the sacue. DH is going to have rice.

~Amanda

Well so far so good today. No cravings - I've had 6 glasses of water already which is quite a lot for me. I'm looking forward to my cheesy italian chicken but I need to figure out the carbs for it. I'm going to make some Sugar Free Jello to get through the rest of the week. My plan this week - keep it simple. I think I was getting a little to adventurous with myself and therefore extra carbs were creeping in on me. If I keep it simple then it is harder to mess up.

I checked my chicken at lunch and it looks great. This is such a great recipe and one that I can throw in the pot and it takes care of itself. Take a cup of Italian Dressing (oil based) and put a little at the bottom of crockpot. Put frozen chicken breast on top of sauce and then cover with rest of sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours, when ready to serve add sour cream to sauce until it becomes cheesy spoon over chicken and veggies. I'm going to chop up cauliflower and add the sacue. DH is going to have rice.

~Amanda

8:15p.m. I'm heading to bed. Stayed at 26 carbs for the day. I'm rolling over my clippie!

~Amanda

mmm, sounds like a yummy dinner! it's great when you can find such delicious meals to eat and stay on plan! good luck with the rest of you day. hope the cravings stay far far away :crazy:

(oh geez, i didn't realize that was yesterday and then last night and the day was over! oh well, hope you have a wonderful cheat free day TODAY! hehe :p )

Good Morning! Man it is cold out here today! Someone send me some :sunny: .

Yesterday was a successful day - got to change my clippie and felt great! The Bloat Fairy is here today so I will be drinking lots of water again today. Weighed myself this morning and we are holding steady at 156 and 157 - this is where I tend to plateau so we may have to bump something up a notch to get over this hump.

Walking outside right now is a joke so I will be doing my walk away the pounds tape for 2 miles this evening when I get home. I brought my lunch to work today because it is even to cold to venture back home this afternoon.

B: 3 pieces of salami and 2 cheese - 3 carbs
L: Leftover Cheesy Italian Chicken with Broccoli and Cauliflower - 10 carbs
D: Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken and Zucchini
S: Either Low Carb Ice Cream or Sugar free jello

~Amanda

:jumping3: YAY for the Bear's New Number!! :jumping3:

Congrats on a cheat free day Amanda!! Your crockpot chicken recipe sounds yummy! I may have to try that one! I haven't used my crockpot for a couple weeks - I think it's time!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Amanda! Only a few more weeks until we're in the warm & sunny weather! :sunny:

Thanks for stopping by everybody! :grouphug: I really appreciate all the support. I forgot to bring change to work with me today so I had no money for my afternoon diet soda and about 4:30 I could feel what that lack of caffine was doing to me. :faint: But when I got home I had my soda and am feeling much better now. Dinner was fabulous! I'm telling you those recipes on www.lowcarbfriends.com are great and very simple to make.

So here is the run down of carbs today:
B: Salami (ended up not eating the cheese ) 1.5 carbs
L: Left over cheesy italian chicken with cauliflower and broccoli - 10 carbs
S: 12 M&M's - 7 carbs
D: broccoli and cheese stuffed Chicken (4 carbs) and zucchini and mushrooms (5 carbs)

27.5 carbs for the evening.

If I make sugar free jello I may enjoy some later otherwise if I need a snack this evening it is going to have to be something low carb.

Dh has requested no chicken tomorrow night. I guess he is getting a bit tired of it. I think we will do hamburgers.

I need to get some exercise in - I meant to do it right after work and ended up cuddling with my baby kitty.

~Amanda

9:10p.m. - I didn't want to do it but I did my 2 mile walk away the pounds tape. I thought of every excuse to not do it but I ended up doing it anyway. I cleaned our bedroom. Man it was messy but now it is back to being clean and organized. I rememberd what Doe said about Dr. Phil (who I don't like but every now and then makes good points ) you don't have to want to do it - you just have to do it. And that was me tonight. I'm not hungry for a snack so no worries there. Sticking at 27.5 carbs for the day. In the next few weeks I need to decide when I'm going to bump it up to 55 carbs a day. I can't wait since I'll be adding in some more fruit to my diet.

~Amanda

:sunny: :sunny: Hi, Amanda! I'm sending you the :sunny: , but sorry, there's no warm air up here outside of Philadelphia. It was 13 degrees when I drove DD to school this a.m.

Congratulations on the cheat free bear!:Pinkbounc He's looking quite cute with that #15. Are you going to change his outfit tonight? I'll stick by my plan if you stick by yours!::yes::

Good work doing that WATP tape. Doreen's Dr. Phil quote stays with me, too, and has sounded in my head more than once! I'm glad we all share words of wisdom--they sure do come in handy!

Enjoy your day, Amanda!
Erin

Good Afternoon! Man am I tired. I've been training someone at work all day and being on the internet is not possible. I'm on lunch for the next 10 minutes so I wanted to post.

Thanks Erin for stopping by! My bear went up to 15 last night - but tonight he is going up to 16! ;)

Breakfast this morning was a protein shake - 9 carbs
Lunch was a chicken ranch wrap at subway - 9 carbs
Diet soda
vitamins are taken ( just now)
Dinner tonight will be light. I'm going to do one of my exercise tapes- I think maybe an ab one. Then I'll make DH a hamburger and fries and I am going to pan fry some fish with mushrooms. One thing I figured out was that I was not giving myself enough vegetables at dinner. I would always make a small serving - no wonder I was still hungry later. I've started making bigger helpings of veggies and now it is easier to not snack in the evening. Dinner tonight will be about 5 carbs or less. Which leaves me with 7 carbs for the evening. I may enjoy a bowl of low carb ice cream or peanuts.

Tonight is my favorite TV night - Smallville, Angel, and The OC - I'll have to exercise as soon as I get home.

I haven't been visiting journals lately and I'm sorry! I'm thinking about al of you!

~Amanda

Not sure what my deal is today but nothing is keeping me very full. Had my subway wrap at lunch which really fills me up and ended up having to get some peanuts out of the vending machine at work. 5 carbs. Dinner tonight was only 2 carbs. Fish and Mushrooms - yummy. I have 5 carbs left for the evening and if I get hungry I have more peanuts to snack on. I did 20 minutes of exercise 10 ab strengthening and 10 back.

Well I'm rolling over my bear and heading to bed. As with the trend today dinner didn't exactly keep me full so I munched on some peanuts. I'm at an even 30 carbs today.

~Amanda

Good Morning. It is such freedom to know that I can have 55 grams of carbs today. I've decided to kinda vary my carb count day to day so that my body doesn't adjust to the same amount every day. With an extra 25 carbs I saw potential for disaster so this morning I had a glass of milk with my eggs and cheese - 14 carbs total.

Lunch will be leftovers from the other night - 5 carbs for chicken, and I'll make some zucchini for another 2 carbs.

Dinner tonight is kinda up in the air. I've got nothing planned which isn't always a good thing. Maybe DH and I will go out to eat somewhere. I'm kinda craving chicken wings and mexican food. :) I have 32 carbs that I can have for dinner so I think a little splurging is in order - seems like I'm cheating but I'm really not. Doe - thanks for responding to my other thread - I will not be picking up my extra carbs with candy.

Exercise today will be either a walk tape or more abs. TOM is here so I may avoid the abs today. My back is sore today from the strength training exercises.

I'm off for a very full day!

~Amanda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12:23P.M.

I hate training! Mostly because I don't get to post as often as I like or come and read anyone's journals for encourgagement.
Had a coffee today - light brew with a shot of Vanilla Syrup, half and half, and 2 sweet in low packets (no splenda available) I'm counting it at 6 carbs, half bag of peanuts for a snack 2.5 carbs lunch is 7 carbs. 15.5 carbs used plus my 14 is 19.5 carbs gone, I still have 35.5 carbs left for today. How exciting! I think we are definately going to go out for dinner tonight I just don't know where. Anyone know a good website to check the carb count at resturants?

I hope you found a great place for dinner, Amanda!! ::yes::

I'll be done with the Whoosh Fairy in the next day or two, and I promise I'll send him/her on to you! :wave: I hear ya on the "beached whale" feeling!! :hyper: I'm in my smaller size 10 pants and I STILL feel fat today! :rolleyes:

We'll both be feeling like skinny Minnies ::MinnieMo in 2 weeks!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter