Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

Went to a Mexican place for dinner and I had Chicken Nachos. I am estimating 20 carbs for the meal since about 24 chips of Tostitos have 17 carbs in them and the chips are similar, plus the cheese and chicken. Dessert was a cup of Low carb ice cream - 8 carbs. I finished my bag of peanuts this afternoon at 2.5 carbs and had one hershey's kiss - 3 carbs. Leaves me with 52.5 carbs for the day. I am cheat free!

I have to admitt eating the extra carbs felt so weird because suddenly I had more choices in food. Hopefully going back to 30 carbs tomorrow won't be to hard.

Tomorrow I am going to one of those cooking parties. Ya know where they sell spices and recipes. They always have food to try. I plan on eating an extra large dinner here so that it will be easier to resist the cookies and brownies. I don't know why I am going since I really don't want to buy anything - but I want to see my cousins.

I gave myself the night off from exercise since my back is sore from the strength training last night. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be training anyone and I can post more.

Rolling my bear and hitting my bed.

~Amanda

Good Morning - I'm still training someone. Augh.

Breakfast was a protein bar - 4 carbs - drinking water since I was really bad about drinking it yesterday. Vitamin is taken.

Lunch will be subway - 8 carbs

Dinner will be chicken breast I think or something simple since I am going to the food party tonight and I want to be full before I get there.

No exercise - tomorrow morning we will be exercising. We have a lot to do this weekend so off I go for another busy day.

~Amanda

Hi, Amanda! Look at you: 17 Days Cheat Free!:Pinkbounc I hope you're feeling proud of yourself!:bounce:

It sounds like you have a workable strategy for tonight's party. I'm feeling unsettled about going out to dinner with DH tonight, but knowing that you're going out to face challenge with a plan inspires me to do the same. Now if I just weren't so darn hungry today!:rolleyes:

Let me know how everything turns out,
Erin

Good Morning! Well Erin I wish I could say that my strategy worked but it didn't. Augh. We ended up going out for happy hour and since I had a lot of carbs left over I had some Chicken Tenders but then I also nibbled on some Potatoe wedges and some fried mushrooms, and had 2 Bacardi O3's so I know I went way over my limit with the drinks. At the party I only snacked on the cheesecake ball though - so that was good.

The drinking thing is going to be tough because my DH and I do tend to do happy hours and go out with friends. I'm going to have to find a new drink. So I am not rolling over my bear today.

Technically today is a 55 carb day but since I went overboard yesterday I am going to keep myself at the 30 carbs today. If it warms up a bit DH and I are going to walk outside - otherwise I'll do one of my Walk Away the Pounds tape for exercise. Drinking lots and lots of water.

Tonight we are going to the Hard Rock Cafe and the Hockey Game for dinner with Brian's Work (isn't that nice of them) the entire evening is on the company including appetizers and drinks at Hard Rock. Fortunantly the only free drink is beer so I won't be tempted to drink a lot since I don't like beer. I might get a vodka tonic or something. I'm going to hope they have menus on a website where I can find something to eat. Otherwise it will be a very low carb day today before we get there. I will not be tempted by hotdogs and nachos at the game since the company will not be buying us food there (i'm cheap!)

This is getting long so I might want to wrap up.

Breakfast: Omelet with eggs, cheese, and bacon (4 carbs) Water.
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast with salza, green peppers, and cheese. Plus Zucchini or Green Beans. Yummy! Water.
Dinner: Hard Rock Cafe.

~Amanda

3:21p.m. well our ride will be here to pick us up any moment. I've done very well today. Changed lunch to a hamburger wrapped in lettuice though - but still low in carbs. I figure I've only eaten maybe 8 carbs today so I should have plenty for this evening! A whole 22 carbs! I checked the hardrock website and not to many appetizers are carb friendly so I'm glad I reserved a lot for use today.

~Amanda

hey amanda, good job with the planning. it seems to help me to have a plan, so i hope it worked out well for you! hope you had a wonderful time at the hard rock and at the game! :D

Boy, Amanda, you are one partyin' gal!! More than one drink and I'm asleep in a corner! :teeth:

Hope you had a great time at the Hard Rock Cafe and the hockey game!

I tried on my bathing suit today in preparation for our upcoming Disney trip. It fits better than it did last June! ::yes:: Hope you're having the same kind of experience packing for your trip!

Amanda, you make my life look so boring. You know what I did last night? Had pizza with my family, went to buy yarn and then to Barnes and Noble so DD could pick out a book for English class, and then came home and crashed. I was asleep by 10!! Geesh, I'm getting old!:p I hope you and DH had a great time. I don't know how you manage around both alcohol and munchies. One drink and I'm scrounging around for any goodie in the place. I hope things went well for you. If they didn't, no worries. Today's another day to try again.

:sunny: May sun shine on your path of healthy living, Amanda. You're doing a good thing for yourself! :sunny:

Erin

I have a confession to make - I have no will power when it comes to hanging out with friends and alcohol. At the hard rock they changed their minds and made all drinks (except shots) free for us. So I had 5 Bacardi O3's in the course of an hour and a half. Needless to say my sane and controlled head was no longer with me. Every time you got halfway through a drink someone was setting a drink in front of you. I was halfway between passing out and getting sick for the first hour of the hockey game. After I got a pretzel in me the world righted itself and I was able to function again and was cold sober by the time I got home. What an evening. I did well food wise (except for the pretzel) at the hardrock. Although I have to admit not much was offered that was carb friendly. I had lots of strawberries, couple chicken tenders for protein and 2 slices of a cheese quesdilla. I avoided the tacquitos which were all bread and beans. I'm not counting the evening as cheat free due to the drinks and the pretzel. I'm sorry but all I could think of was I needed something to absorb the alcohol in my stomach and that pretzel was a God send at the moment.

I swear I don't normally drink like this.

Erin usually my life isn't all that exciting. 2 times a year DH's company takes us out for a night on the town and I will admitt those nights are very very fun. Usually a night out consist of dinner somewhere and a movie. Or me scrapbooking and DH watching a rented movie.

Now on to today! It is freaking cold here! Missouri got a nice northern blast of ice. Right now I am looking at my window which has a nice layer of ice over it. The streets are bad - even churches are closing for mass today. Looks like we are going to be staying home. We are suppose to go to a friend's for dinner tonight but we will have to see how the roads look at 4pm. Fortunantly they don't live far.

Due to the cold I indulged today with a large cup of coffee and my flavord cream - 10 carbs. Breakfast has been munching on some leftover bacon from yesterday. Lunch will be something fast here like fish fillets or chicken. Dinner if we go to our friends they are making spaghetti. I know a low carbers dream. Augh. I am bringing salad so I will load up on the salad and only have a little bit of spaghetti. There will be no drinks that I know of so I will be sticking to water.

No Doe, I haven't tried on my swimsuit yet - And after last night I may wait a few more days. But Yeah! :bounce: for you on it looking better and feeling great!

Well if you guys read all this you were really dedicated to this journal entry. I'm off to have a cheat free day today - I can't stand to miss out on rolling the bear 3 nights in a row.

~Amanda

Amanda, it sounds like you've had quite the bumpy ride on the healthy living road lately! Here's a :hug: for you, girlfriend. Some of these lessons are tough ones to learn. I think the pretzel was the BEST move you made under the circumstances! It was what your body needed most at the time to help it recover - you made the right choice on that one!

Here's to a new day! :sunny: Do what you can to help your body get healthy today and recover from last night.

Onward and downward, sweetie! :sunny:

I'm embarrased. I did not do well at all tonight. I did fine really with the meal - had one extra slice of bread but thought it was a special occasion. But then my friend made a cake. And it wasn't just a box mix cake it was a made from scratch, including the icing, cake and she really wanted everyone's opinion on it. I felt pressured and gave in. No cheat free day for me and I am so disappointed in myself. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Weather is still awful here.

~Amanda

hey amanda, i hear ya on the drinks...if i have to pay for them, i'm fine with saying no. i can't really afford drinks when i go out. but if someone else is buying...well, i'll throw caution to the wind and get a get a real good buzz going. then of course it's much easier to make bad food choices. but ya know what? it was only one night. i figure, as long as you enjoyed yourself, that's what matters. and like doe said, your "bad" food choice was the best for your body at the time. hope you feel better :)

Well I'm at work and so far no trainee is at my desk which is hopefully a good sign because I am in no mood to train people today.

Our fridge is bare due to the storm that has kept me from getting to the grocery store. And I forgot to do one very important thing this weekend - Go to the DMV and get my new driver's license. My current one is in my maiden name and my airline tickets are in my married name so I need to do that this weekend. I need to start making a list of things to do and put it on my fridge so that I remember to get them done.

Due to the fridge being bare I will be doing both breakfast and lunch at work. Thank goodness they have a full service cafeteria. Breakfast will probably be an omelet and lunch will probably be a salad. The whoosh has not come for me but that is not all surprising considering the alcohol I have had lately so I will be trying to drink lots and lots of water.

Exercise will be a 2 mile walk away the pounds tape and possibly 10 minutes of abs.

~Amanda

Amanda, we're all in the same boat today - you, Erin, me - we're all going to get back to the business of our healthy living routines and hopefully turn over those bear numbers this evening.

We can do it together, OK? :grouphug: and extra :wizard: pixie dust are gonna get us through the day!

I'll be back later to check on you, OK? :sunny:

Oh, and by the way, that silly Whoosh Fairy hasn't even made it to MY house yet! :rolleyes: As soon as she does, I promise I'll send her your way. ::yes::

Doe you are right the three of us are in the same boat lets just hope we can keep paddeling away. :)

So far so good today. Breakfast was 2 slices of bacon and a sausage patty. I tried to eat some eggs but YUCK they were disgusting. Lunch was half of a rotisseri chicken (yummy) and some greenbeans. I also ate half a roll. Carb count today should be either 10 to 12 not real sure. I've got 16 oz of water down and I am working currently on the next 16 oz. I'll have to go to the bathroom real soon :P

Vitamin is taken and I am starting to feel more awake.

~Amanda

Hey, Amanda. Just stopping by to give you a :hug: , kiddo. We're going to make this a cheat free day, no matter what! We're going to all be back on track and moving the number on our bear before we go to bed. You got it? Good!

Talk to you later,
Erin

Amanda, are ya gonna make it?? I just know you are!!! I'm sending extra good thoughts your way so you can get through the rest of the evening cheat free and change that bear's number!! ::yes:: :sunny: :sunny:

Yes Doe I made it. The bear will be switching tonight. I don't know if I am under 30 carbs but I did the best I could. The only reason I don't know the exact carb count is because I ate foods in our cafeteria and they don't have the nutritional info. If I'm over the 30 then I am not over by much.

Came home and made dinner and proceeded to crash for awhile. I think I may be getting sick - either that or the weekend just caught up with me. Either way no exercise but that is okay since I think it was better that my body rested.

I drank so much water today and I think the Whoosh fairy has made it to my house because I have been going to the bathroom big time. :) Never thought I would be happy to say that.

~Amanda

:Pinkbounc Yay! You made it, Amanda!:bounce: Now go to bed and get some rest.

:wave: Erin

"I'll Survive! I will Survive! Oh as long as I know how to love I know I'll be alive! I have all my life to give, all my love to give. I will Survive! Hey Hey!

:tongue: I survived yesterday and now I am about to start out and survive today. Holy snow batman! We got about 3 inches last night but thankfully the roads are not that bad.

B: Small Omelet with ham and cheese
L: ?? Salad if nothing else looks good.
D: ?? I'f I'm able to hit the grocery store on the way home then we have no problem. If I'm not able to go on the way home then we will probably be ordering pizza and salad!
S: Depending on the carb count at dinner either sugar free jello or low carb ice cream.

Exercise: 2 mile walk away the pounds tape. I am going to do it today. Either that or shoveling the snow - either way I figure it will be exercise.

~Amanda

Amanda, I can hear you singing!! :sunny: What a great WISH anthem!! I'll keep that in mind next time I'm feeling weak!

So glad you made it through yesterday cheat free! It was a tough one for me but knowing that you and Erin were trying your best helped me a lot!

I hope you can get to the store - be careful with that pizza if you have it! Count those points!! ::yes::

I stayed home today, since we got more ice than snow - we'll be getting another few inches of snow this afternoon and evening. :rolleyes: Is it time for our trip south yet?? :hyper:

I am so excited about meeting you and your DH in person! It will be wonderful to give you a real hug instead of a :hug: icon! You've been a big inspiration to me, Amanda - I'm glad we're on this journey together.

Go forth into the new day, confident that you'll be changing the number on your bear this evening! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter