• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I underestimating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, just know that Disney will not allow you to have a baby in a carrier AND an infant on your lap on any rides. If your infant cannot sit independently on all rides, you are going to have a MAJOR problem...

And, I sincerely hope you don't lose one of your kids. Those Easter week (and week leading up to) masses are no joke. :scared1:

I don't know,spring break crowds with 5 kids - two of them in diapers? :eek: not my idea of fun. You are either very brave or downright crazy. Are you sure you cannot go at another less crowded time? It would make your vacation that much less stressful. As far as your budget, if the only difference between this trip and your previous trip is the 3.5mo infant then why wouldn't your budget be exactly the same as last time? Since that would be less than a year ago, why not figure out what you actually spent then and use that as your base.

Is their dad deployed? You seem to have your hands full and I hope everything goes well. I would absolutely call and double check about what rides your kids will be able to ride without an adult. Honestly sending a toddler on Dumbo seems very dangerous. I know they are secured somewhat, but if a small one decided to hop up things could get ugly very easily!:scared1:

You
7.5 yo
5 yo
5yo
15mo
newborn

How are you dividing them up for rides?

Moneywise just with what you posted you have $1490 or so left over to play with. That may or may not be enough. What you might do is decide how much $$$ each kid gets for souvenirs (and include yourself).

So if you say $75 for the 5 of you to get souvenirs that would be be about $375, knocking you down to about $1,100 for the rest of all the incidentals.

For our family of four we pay for the dining plan, the hotel, and tix in advance. And then we pay for souvenirs and tips OOP. I think on those extras we usually spend about $1,000 for a week stay.

I hope it works out for you!

Is their dad deployed? You seem to have your hands full and I hope everything goes well. I would absolutely call and double check about what rides your kids will be able to ride without an adult. Honestly sending a toddler on Dumbo seems very dangerous. I know they are secured somewhat, but if a small one decided to hop up things could get ugly very easily!:scared1:

You
7.5 yo
5 yo
5yo
15mo
newborn

How are you dividing them up for rides?

Moneywise just with what you posted you have $1490 or so left over to play with. That may or may not be enough. What you might do is decide how much $$$ each kid gets for souvenirs (and include yourself).

So if you say $75 for the 5 of you to get souvenirs that would be be about $375, knocking you down to about $1,100 for the rest of all the incidentals.

For our family of four we pay for the dining plan, the hotel, and tix in advance. And then we pay for souvenirs and tips OOP. I think on those extras we usually spend about $1,000 for a week stay.

I hope it works out for you!

Just fyi - Disney rules say children under 7 must ride with a responsible adult. So in the OP's situation only the 7yo will be able to ride without an adult and the 7 yo is not old enough to accompany the 5 (6?) year olds.

My dd's were not even allowed to sit together in the seat in front of me until they were both over 7.

Not being snarky but, maybe she is just like the rest of us and needs a little reassurance sometimes.

Even though she's done the trip before this is her first time with 5 kids and I think she just wanted to get everything organized and was seeking advice about her trip budget , let's face it, to do this trip solo with 5 kids she would have to be super organized. Best of luck OP!

I was trying to be helpful with the information on the ages to ride alone.

We just returned and as I am also a single Mom I have encountered seating issues myself.

I can tell you for sure that the rule at WDW is 7 to ride alone. I can find a link to the WDW website to verify.

Be warned that yourr older children may not be allowed to ride together without an adult. You got lucky if they have in the past but the CM's were very diligent in asking ages when my kids wanted to sit together without me.

I was able to wear my dd on some rides, esp the dark rides but not in Peter Pan, Dumbo or Alladin.

Instead of being caught off guard when you try and board the attraction I would think you would want to have the information beforehand.

Lastly, have a plan for lines - I can't imagine doing the lines with a non-walker and an early walker and no stroller as they aren't allowed in the lines.

I just had another thought, and it is not a budget one, it is a logistics one. I'm really not sure how you are going to ride the rides without another adult. Let's use the Buzz Lightyear ride as an example. Three of you can ride in one car on that ride. You'll have the two little ones, but I doubt that the cast members are going to let the 7 year old and the twins ride together without an adult. I seem to remember hearing 7 years old as a cutoff for riding without a grown up. So yes, perhaps the 7 year old can ride alone, but I don't think that the 7 year old will be allowed to supervise the two 5 year olds in a separate car from the adult. Again, not sure, but it is something you have to think about VERY carefully. I think you will run into the same problem with many of the rides. It could be a deal breaker.

I hope someone else will weigh in on this aspect to clarify it for you...it would really suck to get there and find out you have this big problem that you didn't anticipate.

I didn't read through the whole thread so perhaps my point will be mute....but my 11, 9, and 4 year old were not allowed to ride together on Dumbo!! There had to be an adult!!

I was trying to be helpful with the information on the ages to ride alone.

We just returned and as I am also a single Mom I have encountered seating issues myself.

I can tell you for sure that the rule at WDW is 7 to ride alone. I can find a link to the WDW website to verify.

Be warned that yourr older children may not be allowed to ride together without an adult. You got lucky if they have in the past but the CM's were very diligent in asking ages when my kids wanted to sit together without me.

I was able to wear my dd on some rides, esp the dark rides but not in Peter Pan, Dumbo or Alladin.

Instead of being caught off guard when you try and board the attraction I would think you would want to have the information beforehand.

Lastly, have a plan for lines - I can't imagine doing the lines with a non-walker and an early walker and no stroller as they aren't allowed in the lines.

thank you for this. I appreciate it. Last yr I was able to wear my infant ds. I wasn't pg then but my kids Did fit with me. Never had any cast member question but it's good to know:)

my children have PLENTY of ppl to love them. I am sorry you lost your father but the way my children were conceived is NONE of your business and I really resent what you are saying. I chose to be a single mother and am PERFECTLY capable of caring for and supporting my children. IF and when Mr Right comes along then that's fine but for now it's just us and they lack for nothing.

I have to say you are definately brave for even thinking at a trip with 5 kids, 2 of those being small babies and going with no help...
If you have done this trip several years in a row then I would look at the previous years to see what you spent.
If you go every year you should have a decent understanding of what it will cost you besides the slight increases in some of the prices that may have changed since the last time you were there.
Im sure you are doing this trip for you kids but I dont envy being in your position. I believe that if you are taking a vacation that you should be able to enjoy it and it sounds like your trip will be more work then if you stayed home.
The parks will be very busy and I would get ID bands for each child.

Im taking my 7 month old in August with my DH and my parents and I think that will be a handful...
Good luck but I honestly have to say that some of what the other posters have said is true...I am not trying to be mean and its just our viewpoint looking in on your situation.
Good luck on your tight budget and I hope everything works out...hopefully at least the children will have a good time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter