Am i too late

Not at all. We just booked a trip last week that leaves March 16th. If you are, I would suggest booking plane tickets right away. We got some of the last seats on the flight we wanted, but I think that might also be during some spring breaks.

I'm hoping for July too. DH is deployed at the moment with no return date set so we are just crossing our fingers that there will still be rooms left when we finally get a chance to book. :)

The closest I ever booked was on a Thursday for a Saturday departure. I've talked to people who claim to have booked the day before. 4 months is NOTHING! You just have to hope for space on the ship.

Nope-Just booked this week for July 28th on Dream. There are no inside cabins or oceanview left on our cruise for 4. We got a verandah room, which we would have gotten anyway. We have booked airfare home, but not there yet.

To is it a good idea to get a travel agent

A good travel agent can be worth his/her weight in gold. A not so good one is nothing but a pain.

What I look for: Someone who has been on the ships relatively recently. Someone who has personally attended the training that Disney provides to agents. Extended hours (not 9-5, M-F) Communication the way I like it (800 number, e-mail, snail mail, my choice. I don't like to be told "we only do e-mail.") Years of experience as an agent.

Remember that you are hiring both the agent and the agency and you need to be happy with both.

kcashner said:
A good travel agent can be worth his/her weight in gold. A not so good one is nothing but a pain.

What I look for: Someone who has been on the ships relatively recently. Someone who has personally attended the training that Disney provides to agents. Extended hours (not 9-5, M-F) Communication the way I like it (800 number, e-mail, snail mail, my choice. I don't like to be told "we only do e-mail.") Years of experience as an agent.

Remember that you are hiring both the agent and the agency and you need to be happy with both.

Thank you

I was looking at vacation options for me and my 3 kids, when I realized that the 8 day Bahamas out of Galveston lined up perfectly with my kids Spring Break and they are running kids sail free. It's looking like 4165 for the cruise and 1600 for plane tickets. I can use Supershuttle for the ground transportation for $240 flying into Hobby. So, am I crazy thinking this would be a great spring break vacation for 4? We would be first time cruisers, and since it's the weekend I don't even know if I can get the time off yet, but I am seriously considering this.

How long did you take to plan your first cruise? Is it possible to whip the plans together in just under 2 months being a first-timer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter