Am I the ONLY one who doesn't get the CROC craze?

letsgoagainsoon

North Central PA
Now let me start off by saying that I have not tried on the REAL Crocs...only the WalMart and Payless knockoffs. I can honestly say that these are not what I expected. I expected to put these things on and my feet be in instant heaven, however, I did not feel like that. I was disappointed.

I have tried to make myself fall in love with these things, but I can't... every time I go somewhere that has them I try a pair on, and not only are they not that comfortable they are just UGLY. REALLY UGLY. :rotfl:

I just can't do it. AM I THE ONLY ONE?? :confused3

i agree! :thumbsup2

not a crocs person! i am more of a cutsie- comfy flip flop- person.

i posted this before-- i need to show off my painted tootsies and my toe ring! princess:

crocs-- mmmmm........yes they are ugly. sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for a little bit of style! but actually i can wear my flip flops all day long and i think they are very comfy!

also everything will get all smashed up in the crocs! there goes the fresh pedicure!

Not on the Crocs bandwagon myself. I'm a veterinary technician and have to wear Croc type shoes all day. While these are practical for my profession (easy to clean, breathable, durable) I could not bring myself to wear them outside of work. And never mind actually having myself photographed while wearing them ;)

I will alternate between sneakers and the pretty pedicure showing flip flops :)

Too Funny!! I have been wondering about these "crocs" everyone is posting about. While shopping at the mall today, my daughters pointed them out. We all agreed - UGLY & NO WAY. I may wear them to garden in, but that would be a stretch. I am not a picky shoe person, but wow, they are awful.

I don't mean to offend those who love them, but I'll stick with tennis shoes and sandals:)

Yeah, I can't get into the Crocs either. I keep imagining what Stacy & Clinton would say on "What Not to Wear" ... Although I will admit that I haven't tried them on - I probably don't know what I'm missing!

I didn't get them either. Then about a month ago when my mom had surgery I noticed lots of doctors and nurses wearing them. And then I tried on a pair of the original CROCS in my university bookstore and loved them so much that I bought a second pair! I have the navy and brownish colors - I couldn't wear the bright colored ones.

Hi :wave2: from Ontario Canada. If they are the slip on shoes with hole vents. UGLY. We don't see them much around here.

But on the Y & R, Bradd's little girl was wearing them the other day.

It's all a matter of personal preference and to me comfy walking trumps fashion sense....

I've got size 10 feet and my Crocs RED - so those babies are quite visible... but you know, my feet smile all day in them!

They are a conversation starter too - I've had CMs as me if they are really THAT comfortable, or you will see a family of croc wears (and there are WHOLE families - Mom, Dad, Kids, Grandma and Granddad....) point to your family of croc wears.....

And as far as Stacy and Clinton... now wouldn't MOST things that the GENERAL public wear to tour WDW be considered "WHAT NOT TO WEAR"?

Fanny packs, back packs, visors, sweatshirts, T-shirts with pictures on them -

comfort always wins out over fashion when I am going to walk 6 hours in a day, I can not wait to go get myself a pair of these. My biggest probelm is if i love them that much i will want a pair in every color.

Well, all I can say is...I wore my good Nike sneakers for two days in a row and my knees were killing me this morning!! Put on my Crocs and now the knees are happy again. Go figure. Do I wish they were a bit 'cuter'? Heck yeah...but after passing the old half century mark, I just don't seem to care as much about cute as being comfy!! I figure that with my new middle age tummy, no one is going to notice my big, rubber feet!! :rotfl2:

A funny story - I USED to own a pair of Crocs - I bought them about a year ago - I bought them because they were comfy and unusual looking (I do NOT like to be "in style" - I have my "own" unique style! hehe).

Fast forward to today - EVERYONE is wearing Crocs - So I didn't want mine any longer (I just do not like going with the flow!), so I sold them on ebay, and the funny thing is that I got what I paid for them! :banana:

Too funny!

Trying them on at a store and giving them a true day-long test is not the same thing.

There are not many shoes out there that I can put on my feet and then never think about them again, not even realize I have them on.

Crocs work for me at WDW better than my $100 New Balance.

Yes they are ugly, but I will take comfort over cutsie any day of the week.

First and most important - Wal Mart knock-offs are HORRIBLE! Not even close to the real thing.

Second - Even the real things feel weird when you first put them on. Not UNcomfortable, just kind of odd. Normal shoes are suppossed to touch the sides and tops of your feet but Crocs don't. When my daughter bought hers, she was pretty unsure about the fit but the salesman told her too wear them everyday for a week and if she wasn't totally in love with them by then, he'd refund her money. After about three days she never thought of returning them and wears them everyday at her waitress job.

Third - If Dis'ers were in tune with Stacy and Clinton, we'd all be giving up our Mickey T's and ball caps because they say grownups should not wear clothing with cartoon characters! Yeah... whatever...

makinorlando said:
And as far as Stacy and Clinton... now wouldn't MOST things that the GENERAL public wear to tour WDW be considered "WHAT NOT TO WEAR"?

Fanny packs, back packs, visors, sweatshirts, T-shirts with pictures on them -

Don't forget Mickey, Goofy, and birthday cake hats! :lmao:

The Wal-Mart and Target knock-offs are nothing like the real ones. At first I thought they were the ugliest things I ever saw (and they are still ugly). I bought my first pair a little over a month ago (butter colored Cayment's) and I wear them as often as I can. I work in an office and would love to wear them to work but they are most definitely not on the dress code list. I have worn them in on Friday's (casual day) for the past 3 weeks. The first week I felt like my feet were 2 feet long -- every step I took I could see them out of the corner of my eye - I felt quite self-consious. The next week I had people asking what they were and where to get them. By the third week, I was comfortable in them. I also wear them shopping, out to eat, son's soccer games and everywhere else I go. I had a salesperson at Meijer stop me and ask me if they were comfortable. They may be ugly but people are definitely curious about them.

I think both Stacy and Clinton would have heart attacks if they ever went to WDW. :rotfl2: Although, I can't imagine someone in a designer skirt and three inch heels making her way around the parks :teeth:

Count me in with those who just haven't tried them because of how they look. Maybe I will sometime and maybe I'll get hooked. But, I do just fine in my sneakers.

A friend's son with autism (thus sensory issues) only wears Crocs. :goodvibes

No matter what I do, I can't seem to like the things. They may be comfortable, but they're really not my style at all. I'd rather wear flip flops or sneakers. That said, I might be convinced to wear them to garden, but that's about the extent of it.

As far as "What not to Wear" I take them with a grain of salt. I'd happily wear some of those outfits to work, but on the weekends I'm in sweats or jeans, and proud of it! And I'd never ditch my fanny pack in the name of fashion (well, at WDW anyway - you won't catch me wearing it anywhere else, LOL).

I resisted them for a year...but broke down a couple of months ago. Now my whole family (even dh!) has two pairs each! They are comfy...but I get pain in the lower part of my legs when I wear them for hours. I think I am unconsiously walking differently afraid that they will fall off since they don't "touch" my foot at any point.

Just wondering. Do you wear socks with Crocs? Do they come in narrow sizes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter