Always stayed at Values, what Deluxe to try???

Sydnoahmom

Mouseketeer
We have always stayed at Value Resorts (everywhere but Music) Next year's trip I am planning on ASM family suites, but am thinking about upgrading to a Deluxe. I have no idea where to stay. CR and GF don't really interest me. DH would like Yacht and Beach or Animal Kingdom. Kids would like AK or WL. What about the Boardwalk, I don't seem to hear much about it. Any thoughts will be appreciated. TIA :thumbsup2

When I was little we always stayed at the Poly. I am taking my boys back this year to the Poly (but have bounced from WL to POFQ to AKL to Poly :lol ) so I think the Poly is going to be amazing! I think with the Deluxes any would be fantastic!

I would recommend the AKL...the price is not as 'pricey' as the monorail or EPCOT deluxes (although the rooms are not quite as big either). The kicker is having the animals all around you. :cool1:

Maybe what you can do is dine at some of the resorts you are considering on your next trip. You can usually get a good (or bad vibe) just by checking it out!

I would recommend that you take a look at the allears website. They have great information on the resorts and pictures too so you can compare and decide what interest you most.

www.allears.net/acc/faq_hot.htm

For myself I would think about the location I wanted to be and then the style of hotel. I haven't stayed at any of the Epcot deluxes, but have stayed at the Swan & Dolphin and do really like the Epcot location. I have stayed at all the other deluxes and think that they're all terrific! Just be careful - you may never want to stay at a value again!!!! ;)

We have tried the Poly, the Contemporary, the Beach Club and the Boardwalk. We love them all and have a hard time picking a favorite! They are all so different it feels like you have traveled to another place. How about a split stay so that you can try two?

One comment about the Contemporary: it was the last resort on my list of places to try - I just wasn't drawn to the architecture, but my husband wanted to stay in the hotel that he saw on the Wonderful World of Disney that had a monorail running through it. He had been dreaming about it since he was a kid. So we tried it and it was wonderful! The view from our room in the tower was amazing! And it was great to just walk to the MK or hop on a monorail. Don't forget to consider this resort too.

Any place you choose will be wonderful. Have a great time.

Regina

I've got to say, nothing beats the GF, IMO. Something about stepping off the monorail in the evening, walking down the stairs to the sound of a band playing on the balcony. You're treated so well there by all the cast members, better than at any other resort I've stepped foot in at WDW.

And the greeting you get on check in... wonderful.

Our stay was a gift, and I don't honestly think I can justify spending the $400+ a night now.

However, we do visit there on each trip. Usually we go on the arrival day and sit at the marina eating food and watching and listening to the fireworks across the lagoon.

GF will always be our resort home, even if we can't afford to stay there anymore.

If your kids want an awesome pool, Beach Club is the way to go. We've stayed at Yacht Club twice and I LOVE it. If I had my way, that's where we'd be again this year, but DH wanted something different, so we're headed to WL.

Be sure and look at all the deluxes...find out what appeals to you. There are so many options!!

The monorail resorts are very nice but very pricey. The Epcot resorts are gorgeous with a setting around the lake, especially at night. Then there is AKL and WL that are out by themselves. Our favorite is WL out of all the deluxes (and I have stayed at all deluxes except the GF!). When I asked my teens this year where they would like to stay for our extra 2 days I tagged onto SSR, they both responded WL at the same time. :goodvibes We love WL. Just decide where you will spend most of your park time, or if you have little ones...or if the pool is the most important to you...do you need a counter service/quick meal....etc. Check out the home page on here and also Deb Wills website...that will help you make a decision.

best of luck to you! :)

I would recommend the Poly :cool1:. We've stayed at the BC, WL, and the Poly and out of those 3, our favorite is the Poly (2nd is WL, then BC). But all 3 are very nice resorts.....I don't think you can go wrong with any of them :goodvibes

ANy of the deluxes you mentioned would be great! We have stayed at WL and Poly and love both of them. I'm really wanting to try AKL or YC/BC next time.

We have always stayed at Value Resorts (everywhere but Music) Next year's trip I am planning on ASM family suites, but am thinking about upgrading to a Deluxe. I have no idea where to stay. CR and GF don't really interest me. DH would like Yacht and Beach or Animal Kingdom. Kids would like AK or WL. What about the Boardwalk, I don't seem to hear much about it. Any thoughts will be appreciated. TIA :thumbsup2

How about trying a DVC resort? SSR is absolutely beautiful. Great pools too. Also, if you stay in a studio you get a small kitchen with basic necessities. We usually stay in a one bedroom. It has a full-sized kitchen with almost all the appliances you'll find in a home. It is so nice not having to trek out every morning for breakfast. This way, as the family wakes up we can eat when we want. We always order our food from gardengrocer.com and they deliver it to our room. Good luck choosing!

start with the theme parks you are going to do the most

MK and Epcot - then Polyn or CR

Epcot and Studios - then any of the Epcot resorts - YC/BC/BCV, BWI/BWV - the dolphin and swan are nice but don't participate in DME - so you would need a way to get back and forth to the airport. They are not WDW resorts.

just the MK - then WL/VWL, POlyn, CR or GF - or even FW cabins

AKL is very nice - but not close to the other parks and bus transportation only.

Well, first, you're going to have to tell us what's important to you.

Easy transportation? Poly. Take the monorail to MK or Epcot (T&TC is really right there).

Swimming? YC/BC/BCV.

Proximity to a favorite resort - Any monoral for MK, YC/BC/BW for Epcot & HS

One of a kind experience? AKL I know lots of WL fans talk about the wow factor at that resport, but you can go to the rockies or Pacific NW and stay in a real lodge without crossing any international borders. Where else in the US are you going to stay in a place the looks like Africa and has its own private Savannah?

Classic Disney? Contemporary. The MK is right out your tower room window.

Feeling of total luxury? GF (we can't afford to stay there, but we visit every trip).

There's more to WL than the lodgy feel. It was just such a relaxed environment, not as frenetic/busy feeling as the monorail resorts. We found the boat ride to MK very relaxing, too. Plus, we never had any transpo issues. If anything, it really helped to take the boat back after fireworks. We walked right on and went right away. Meanwhile, we saw everyone waiting for busses or on a huge monorail line.

Plus, Whispering Canyon is so much fun for the kids.

All this being said, I think you need to look at the pics of the resorts, figure out your budget and pick what works for you. I can't think of a deluxe resort that I wouldn't like (actually GF and Contemporary hold the least appeal for us), but every family has different taste. I would personally love to stay at an Epcot resort. I love the World Showcase so much, I would eat there every night if we stayed by it.

Do you spend alot of time in MK? If so, I would go with a monorail resort.. and they are all three great.

All the deluxes are a wonderful choice but for me it would come down to picking the resort based on the age of my children... being small & staying at a monorail resort is a WONDERFUL thing... YC/BC has such a wonderful pool and walking to EPCOT/DS is great.. IMHO: I dont think you can go wrong w/ any one of them..

DH would like to stay at YC/BC and kids want WL. I thought I would like the Boardwalk, but the room pics I saw don't appeal to me. So many choices, so little time (and $$$)! We are probably going to go with WL. We almost always end up there at some point on the trip whether its just a boat ride or to eat at Whispering Canyon. The jury is still out, though, but I'm a planner and won't rest until the decision is made! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter