Alternate (Silly) Names for Rides

I refer to the "Circle of Life" film as "People Suck" and Dinosaur as "Larry the Scary Rex", after the ride in the film "Clifford". Pecos Bill's is "Pecos Bill's Fall Off Your Chair Café".

Okay, please explain the "Pecos Bill's Fall Off Your Chair Cafe". Sounds like a good one!

Thanks everybody - keep 'em comin'!!!!
:rotfl2:

Thunder Mountain has always been "Fast Train." And it's not a different name, but my 5-year-old at the time would only refer to "Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular" by its entire official name. And when he was very young, he thought the People Mover WAS Space Mountain.

And OMG, I can take any ride at Disney in stride except for Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death. Never again, swinging car, never again.

Okay, please explain the "Pecos Bill's Fall Off Your Chair Cafe". Sounds like a good one!

Thanks everybody - keep 'em comin'!!!!
:rotfl2:

Pecos Bill's has square-topped, backless stools for seating. We haven't eaten there for over 5 years, but when we did, there were always several kids at other tables (and ours) falling off the seats. It became a running joke.

I also have a tendency to throw "Mickey's Magical" in front of just about everything. For example:

"Can you call Mousekeeping and ask for more of Mickey's Magical tissues?"

"I started feeling sick on It's a Small World, and thought I was going to have to leave through Mickey's Magical emergency exit."

A couple of years ago my boss was a speaker at a convention and stayed at the Swan. He asked me about the hotel right in the park. He was seeing the backside of Tower of Terror and thought it was a real hotel. LOL The kids and I now refer to it as "Dr B's Hotel Ride".

Ellen's Energy Adventure is AKA the Helen Keller Ride. My son called it that one year when he was younger. It stuck.

Our family is also fond of the Bathroom Ride. It gets suggested a lot. :)

Our family does weird names for most things in our lives, so Disney Rides are no exception..

Universe of Energy is the "Shale Ride", one of the past versions it talked about shale for way too long (mother in law named this one)
Spaceship Earth is "Spaceship Mirth" (Father in law)
Carousel of Progress is "Carousel of Napping" (MIL) and my wife called it the "Carousel of Breastfeeding" when our children were younger
Hall of the President is "Gall of the Presidents" Father in law named this one, we never asked why
Livin' with the Land is "Watching grass grow ride" (MIL)
Figment is "Pigment" from when my wife and her brother were kids and mispronounced it and it has stuck
Splash Mountain is "The fungus infection ride" The water in the logs and the smell freaks my wife out. She refuses to ride it unless it is the last ride of the night and then everyone has bathe as quickly as possible and she washes the kids clothes with equal parts water and bleach.
Tower of Terror is "The hotel ride" (FIL)
Space Mountain is "Headache Mountain"
Toy Story Mania is "Way overrated Buzz Light Year"
Wilderness Lodge became "The Lodge" and then turned into "The Ledge" once again, FIL, and no one asks why, we just go with it
Not a ride, but my FIL calls Kona Cafe the "Coral Isle Cafe" even though it hasn't been called that for 17 years

Actual working title for Splash Mountain: Zip-a-Dee River Run. We say golfball for Spaceship Earth and for some reason I always say Big Mountain Thunder Railroad (maybe thinking of the band Big Mountain).

Last edited:
DD started calling Spaceship Earth "The Riding Globe" on her first visit, when she was 5. That's what we still call it.
When my niece was 4, she insisted she was going to ride Haunted Mansion. She made it all the way to the front doors, and then she saw the tombstone that has the eyes that open and close (maybe Madame Leota?). That was it, she totally lost it- crying, sobbing, saying "I don't like the Blinky Eyes!" Of course we didn't go on it, and the name has stuck. While everyone else is on Haunted Mansion, we are riding the "Blinky Eyes!" My niece is 15 and she still doesn't like HM very much!

DD started calling Spaceship Earth "The Riding Globe" on her first visit, when she was 5. That's what we still call it.
When my niece was 4, she insisted she was going to ride Haunted Mansion. She made it all the way to the front doors, and then she saw the tombstone that has the eyes that open and close (maybe Madame Leota?). That was it, she totally lost it- crying, sobbing, saying "I don't like the Blinky Eyes!" Of course we didn't go on it, and the name has stuck. While everyone else is on Haunted Mansion, we are riding the "Blinky Eyes!" My niece is 15 and she still doesn't like HM very much!

I grew up in SoCal going to Disneyland. They used to have a ride called Adventure Thru Inner Space. The ride vehicles looked like they went through a shrinker, got really tiny and were examined under a microscope. All I could see was a giant eyeball staring at me! I was terrified of that eye! Whenever my family got in line for it, I'd start crying, "I don't want to go on the Big Eye, I don't want to go on the Big Eye."

Didn't help that the same creepy voice that narrates Haunted Mansion narrated Adventures Thru Inner Space.

Last edited:
The first time my husband went to WDW, he asked a worker what Voyage of the Little Mermaid was (meaning ride or show) and the worker told him that it was "a beautiful coming of age live action play following the story of Ariel" (serious, what?). So fast forward to when we are there with a friend. He tells us this story and a friend of ours laughed and asked if it included Ariel getting her training bra. So now my husband calls the show "Ariel Gets Her Training Bra."

I call Primeval Whirl by its correct name but I pronounce in the way Ru Paul says "Ivy Winters ".

Kali River Rapids = Kelly Ripa Rapids. My DD was 3 when she called it that. We had seen Kelly Ripa at the GF one day so she connected her to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter