Alone for the First Time Ever

Dreamer Kevin

Mouseketeer
My 83-year old mother who lived me died April 6, 2015. My 15-year old dog, Buddy, had a seizure yesterday and I put him down when the emergency vet said it was most likely due to a brain tumor. Lost them both within six weeks.

Last night the house was quiet. A deafening, maddening lack of noise. For the first time in my life I spent a night in my house with no one else in it. Not sure what to make of it but for some reason thought I'd feel better by posting here. Thanks for reading.

Dot @ Luau.jpg Buddy 204.JPG

So sorry to hear of both your losses.. That can't be easy...

Not that you can replace anyone or anything, but do you have any plans to perhaps get another pet for company? I myself need at least a cat.

I am so very sorry for both of your losses. I understand the death of a parent (lost my dad SUDDENLY at 64 years old this January) and my dogs as well, though years before. Know that there are people out there like myself who have been there, and understand your emotions. Thank you for posting- because for me, I am still healing, and it's comforting to know there is someone out there who gets what I'm going through as well.
Again, I am sorry for your losses.

So sorry to hear of both your losses.. That can't be easy...

Not that you can replace anyone or anything, but do you have any plans to perhaps get another pet for company? I myself need at least a cat.
Thanks for your kind words. I'll get another dog eventually, I'm sure. Life is better with a furbaby.

I am so very sorry for both of your losses. I understand the death of a parent (lost my dad SUDDENLY at 64 years old this January) and my dogs as well, though years before. Know that there are people out there like myself who have been there, and understand your emotions. Thank you for posting- because for me, I am still healing, and it's comforting to know there is someone out there who gets what I'm going through as well.
Again, I am sorry for your losses.

I appreciate your compassion and please accept my condolences for your own loss. Your father was very young and the unexpected nature of your loss makes it even more difficult, I'm sure. My mother had her first stroke 3 1/2 years ago so I had time to prepare (as much as one can) for losing her. I wish you comfort and peace and, again, thank you for the reply.

I am so sorry for your losses. I have not experienced the same losses as yours, but I'm sure it's hard. We just became pet owners about 2 years ago. I can't tell you what comfort our little ragdoll has brought me on hard days. I know it may be too soon to think about getting another pet, but I hope you will consider it in the future, as I know now what a blessing those furry little friends can be!

So sorry to hear what you've been through ... I can understand - we lost my wonderful grandad 2 years ago and the pain was unbearable. I may have to get a dog due to problems with my eyesight (functionally blind) and I already know what a difference they make to your life.

I wish I could ease your pain but I can't ... I will pray for you (if you will allow me) and I hope it helps to know that people care. To, I think it's Goldilocks07 - the computer read this to me - please allow me to extend my sincere condolences at what I know is still a very difficult time. It's lovely that people on this board genuinely care about each other.

I lost my mom in my arms june 22 2014 (heart attack) and my godmother (the sister of my mom) passed away june 29 2014 (cancer). The worst week of my entire life... We have to to fast for my mom funerals because my godmother just had couple of days to live...

I am so sorry for your losses. I have not experienced the same losses as yours, but I'm sure it's hard. We just became pet owners about 2 years ago. I can't tell you what comfort our little ragdoll has brought me on hard days. I know it may be too soon to think about getting another pet, but I hope you will consider it in the future, as I know now what a blessing those furry little friends can be!
Thank you, much appreciated. The furbabies are just the best, aren't they? I met a lot of neighbors with our walks that otherwise I probably wouldn't even know!

So sorry to hear what you've been through ... I can understand - we lost my wonderful grandad 2 years ago and the pain was unbearable. I may have to get a dog due to problems with my eyesight (functionally blind) and I already know what a difference they make to your life.

I wish I could ease your pain but I can't ... I will pray for you (if you will allow me) and I hope it helps to know that people care. To, I think it's Goldilocks07 - the computer read this to me - please allow me to extend my sincere condolences at what I know is still a very difficult time. It's lovely that people on this board genuinely care about each other.

You're very kind, thank you so much. Prayers are always a good thing and much appreciated!

I lost my mom in my arms june 22 2014 (heart attack) and my godmother (the sister of my mom) passed away june 29 2014 (cancer). The worst week of my entire life... We have to to fast for my mom funerals because my godmother just had couple of days to live...

That is almost unfathomable, and I hope you're recovering well enough. Your mother was lucky to have you, and I'm glad you were there for her. I wish you much, much peace.

I am very sorry for your losses and all your sadness. It may be too soon to recommend getting a new pet. Sometimes the only way I can get out of my sadness is to do something nice for someone else. It helps take my mind off things, and I stop focusing on myself and my sorrow. In your case it may help too. Maybe find a shelter dog you could care for and in return the dog would care for you.

My 83-year old mother who lived me died April 6, 2015. My 15-year old dog, Buddy, had a seizure yesterday and I put him down when the emergency vet said it was most likely due to a brain tumor. Lost them both within six weeks.

Last night the house was quiet. A deafening, maddening lack of noise. For the first time in my life I spent a night in my house with no one else in it. Not sure what to make of it but for some reason thought I'd feel better by posting here. Thanks for reading.

View attachment 99483 View attachment 99484

And just saw your post pop up on the bottom - you can definitely relate (as well as others). So sorry for your loss also. I know having been through this before - it never gets easier. We push ourselves and life is just different now. I hope you are well.

I am very sorry for your losses and all your sadness. It may be too soon to recommend getting a new pet. Sometimes the only way I can get out of my sadness is to do something nice for someone else. It helps take my mind off things, and I stop focusing on myself and my sorrow. In your case it may help too. Maybe find a shelter dog you could care for and in return the dog would care for you.

It's interesting you mention the value in doing things for others to get our minds off our own grief. Just in the last month or so I began volunteering with an animal rescue organization and you're right, it is healing and gives plenty of good vibes. I also started doing things like giving larger than usual tips, inspired by the countless "pay if forward" videos online. I'm not nearly as generous as those folks giving $500 tips, but a $20 tip for a $10 sandwich brings plenty of smiles (to both giver and receiver)!

And just saw your post pop up on the bottom - you can definitely relate (as well as others). So sorry for your loss also. I know having been through this before - it never gets easier. We push ourselves and life is just different now. I hope you are well.
Thank you, and hearing from so many new friends here has helped more than you all will know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter