• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question about Wishes music...

I understand that some of the beaches at Poly have the sound piped in and others don't. Where do I need to be in order to hear the music?

I know the beach closest to the volcano pool has music -- but it's all VERY quiet -- you really have to be close to a speaker to hear it. If it's important to you, stake out a spot on any beach that has a speaker(s) and sit close to it -- might take some reconnaissance during daylight hours!

And sometimes it's louder than others, too -- it's a bit hit or miss.

As is becoming an annual event with me, I'm posting some Christmas photos from the Poly for your enjoyment. I'll start off with some from the Spirit of Aloha Luau that DD and I attended in December 2006.

323.jpg

Aunti Winnie <she's hysterical!>

PC210335.jpg

Being in the front row gets you shots like this.

326.jpg

I love men who dance!

334.jpg

The kids on stage with 'Hawai'ian Santa'. DD is among them. :-)

363.jpg

What's a Luau with out the Samoan Fire Dancer? ;-)

A few photos from our room:

PC181976.jpg

DD(then 7) in front of our decorated door <Tuvalu, lagoon view>

PC210316.jpg

Our Christmas decorations in the room

PC210314.jpg

Mousekeeper 'Kim' shows her Christmas spirit by arranging DD's plushes!

We didn't stay at the Poly in 2007 (we were at the AKL) but we definitely visited!

PC272064.jpg

DSis does the 'kiss the Tiki' ritual in BouTiki

PC272057.jpg

Outside the GCH

PC261980.jpg

Atrium with poinsettias added.

PC261988.jpg

Christmas tree on the 2nd level outside Monorail landing

PC261987.jpg

Gingerbread houses Poly-style!

PC261979.jpg

More gingerbread houses

PC261969.jpg

The coolest one for 2007!

PC261970.jpg

Lilo and Stitch in solid chocolate at Kona Cafe

PC261986.jpg

'Ohana decorated for Christmas

PC251954.jpg

DN13 gives Pluto a checkup while DN9 looks on. :-)

And here are some photos from 2008!

PC290456.jpg

Window at BouTiki

P1010400.jpg

The photo 'after' we kissed the Tiki statue

PC300471.jpg

Concierge lounge facing the window

PC300468.jpg

PC300474.jpg

Ms Stinkerbell, thanks for the pics. The Poly looks very decked out for Christmas, and your family looks like like y'all are having a blast. it ALMOST makes me wish I were going at Christmas. Ehhhh, I guess mid-January will have to do. :goodvibes

Thanks to a 40% pin, I am currently booked for a GV in Sept 2010. Question about CL....is it worth it? We did the dining plan on our trip last Sept and DH really disliked it! He didn't like figuring out what was and was not included and didn't think it was worth it overall for all the unnecessary food.

So, instead of the DP, I thought I would consider doing the CL for the breakfast, extra snacks and beer/wine in the evening. The menus look great, seems like plenty of food for the type of dinner we would eat most nights. We could always grab something at the park for lunch.

Can you get a beer at the CL Lounge and take it out to the pool in the afternoon? Or is alcohol not available til evening? (don't want to sound like a big drinker, but "free" alcohol will be a big seller for DH, he hated paying $6-10 for a drink at the AKL pool last Fall!)

Right now I'm debating the following:

1) staying GV and requesting Tokelau
2) going all out with CL LV in Hawaii

If CL isn't worth the extra $ I will most definitely hear complaints from DH (he's a whiner!:rotfl2:) I'm really thinking I can use the included alcohol and access to the best view of wishes/EWP to entice him. Kids will be 5 and nearly 2, so bed time will be early. Would be great to see the show from the room! We never got to see either show last trip and I was really bummed about it.

We can afford to go CL, but if DH doesn't think it's worth the extra $ I will hear about it and that won't be worth it to me, lol!

Would love opinions from those that have stayed either or both! Thanks!

We've stayed both garden view and lagoon view club many times. I love both but if you think your husband would whine, I would stick with garden view. You can always stock your own refrigerator with beer for him. Maybe take turns going out to see the shows. Or book lagoon view for a compromise. We love lagoon view concierge but its worth is intangible IMO. Very hard to justify monetarily.

The appetizers in the lounge are quite good but wouldn't suffice for dinner every night.

Happy planning!:goodvibes

Hmmm, didn't think about stocking the room fridge, and it would be the same cost to get a standard theme park view as a GV CL....more to consider!

I asked his opinion about the room and just got the eye roll at the "extreme planning" more than 9 months out. I got on tikiman's site and every time I went to a new longhouse and the voice said "TAHITI" or "RAPA NUI" he was just shaking his head laughing at me. But for me planning is half the fun! :yay:

Question about ground level rooms....can you get back in with a room key from the outside or do you have to go back around? Wondering for trips to the pool. Also not sure if ground level would be such a great idea with 2 little ones....

Thanks to a 40% pin, I am currently booked for a GV in Sept 2010. Question about CL....is it worth it? We did the dining plan on our trip last Sept and DH really disliked it! He didn't like figuring out what was and was not included and didn't think it was worth it overall for all the unnecessary food.

So, instead of the DP, I thought I would consider doing the CL for the breakfast, extra snacks and beer/wine in the evening. The menus look great, seems like plenty of food for the type of dinner we would eat most nights. We could always grab something at the park for lunch.

Can you get a beer at the CL Lounge and take it out to the pool in the afternoon? Or is alcohol not available til evening? (don't want to sound like a big drinker, but "free" alcohol will be a big seller for DH, he hated paying $6-10 for a drink at the AKL pool last Fall!)

Right now I'm debating the following:

1) staying GV and requesting Tokelau
2) going all out with CL LV in Hawaii

If CL isn't worth the extra $ I will most definitely hear complaints from DH (he's a whiner!:rotfl2:) I'm really thinking I can use the included alcohol and access to the best view of wishes/EWP to entice him. Kids will be 5 and nearly 2, so bed time will be early. Would be great to see the show from the room! We never got to see either show last trip and I was really bummed about it.

We can afford to go CL, but if DH doesn't think it's worth the extra $ I will hear about it and that won't be worth it to me, lol!

Would love opinions from those that have stayed either or both! Thanks!

We went in Sept 2009, stayed CL LV, and I thought it was totally worth it!!! Yes, you can get beer and bring it out to the pool (just pour it in a cup, available in the lounge), snacks and sodas for the kids, breakfast in the AM (we are not big breakfast eaters), and being able to watch Wishes in your PJ's and get the kids right to bed was awesome. We also borrowed movies from the concierge desk, that kept my kids from fighting over the TV. And yes we were in the room early enough to enjoy the view, you will be too I'm sure with young kids. Especially with a code (I had one too), I just loved it! Have a great trip!!:goodvibes

Glad folks liked the pics! :goodvibes I have more coming soon from last Christmas. Makes me feel better since I can't be at the Poly this Christmas. Not gonna cry, not gonna cry...

We went in Sept 2009, stayed CL LV, and I thought it was totally worth it!!! Yes, you can get beer and bring it out to the pool (just pour it in a cup, available in the lounge), snacks and sodas for the kids, breakfast in the AM (we are not big breakfast eaters), and being able to watch Wishes in your PJ's and get the kids right to bed was awesome. We also borrowed movies from the concierge desk, that kept my kids from fighting over the TV. And yes we were in the room early enough to enjoy the view, you will be too I'm sure with young kids. Especially with a code (I had one too), I just loved it! Have a great trip!!:goodvibes

Thanks Jmamom! That does sound oh so magical :wizard: We are definitely big breakfast people (we tend to go lighter as the day goes on), so that's a big perk right there. Love the idea of wishes and EWP in jammies!

Glad folks liked the pics! :goodvibes I have more coming soon from last Christmas. Makes me feel better since I can't be at the Poly this Christmas. Not gonna cry, not gonna cry...

Awww, don't cry.:grouphug:

Thanks for brightening my day with your great photos of the Polynesian.

Thanks Jmamom! That does sound oh so magical :wizard: We are definitely big breakfast people (we tend to go lighter as the day goes on), so that's a big perk right there. Love the idea of wishes and EWP in jammies!

I'm not trying to talk you out of club level as we love it at the Polynesian. However, breakfast is continental style. Cut fruit, bagels, toast, a few pastries, cold cereal. Not sure if oatmeal is currently being offered.

There is always the great room service or breakfast at Kona if you want a big breakfast.

And you can watch Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant in your jammies from a theme park view as well.:goodvibes

Just me and the DW heading down the week between Christmas and New Years. Have never been to the POLY and would love some room sugestions.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter