Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring training in Viera is great -- the players are so close -- nothing like seeing them at the big stadium when they are so removed from the fans (we used to live nearby). That's a great way to start the trip for a baseball fan. (If you need a place to eat -- not too far from there -- Dixie Crossroads in Titusville is my recommendation). But there's always an outdoor mall right next to the stadium with some dining choices - I moved away a few years ago so I bet there's a lot more there than when I was there because it was brand new then.
Thank you so much for the recs. My husband is beyond thrilled to be going to Spring training. I love baseball too, but not as much as Disney. This was a great way to sucker him into our third trip to Disney in 18 months! Is that wrong??:)

Thank you so much for the recs. My husband is beyond thrilled to be going to Spring training. I love baseball too, but not as much as Disney. This was a great way to sucker him into our third trip to Disney in 18 months! Is that wrong??:)

There's very little I would consider "wrong" if it got me to the Poly.

And I just wanted to say -- funny -- I live only 25 miles or so from DC, near Annapolis - I just saw your location!

Hi everyone, just returned earlier this week from our trip (11/29 to 12/6) and thought I'd share my experience. The Polynesian was BEAUTIFUL - my real regret is that we didn't spend as much time at the resort as I would have liked. In hindsight, I would have planned a day strictly for the resort. The transportation was so convenient as well - I don't know what I'll do if we can't stay in the Poly next time - I shouldn't have started out here for our first trip. :lmao:

Ohana was DIVINE!! My mom and her DH actually waited 2 1/2 hours in the bar later in the week to get back in - they enjoyed it that much! Kona Cafe was delicious as well. We didn't eat at Capt. Cooks very much b/c my daughter has a tree nut allergy, and I like speaking with the chefs, which by the way, were super accomodating.

Our room was on 3rd floor, Tokelau with a view of the quiet pool, which was super nice. Mousekeeping did a very nice job during our entire stay. The only mishap was the evening DH and I were getting ready to go to La Nouba and the room safe would not open, and our car keys were in there. :eek: It was quite stressful at the time - the code was right, but it was saying Error 1. I called the front desk and housekeeping came. Fortunately, we were able to take my mom's car because we had to leave so my mom dealt with the issue. Otherwise, we would have been very late. They had to actually crack the safe and were very apologetic. They said this does happen on occasion, but they usually can get it open with a simpler tool. My advice - open your room safe in plenty of time before you need to be somewhere, just in case this happens to you.

Check-in was great. Our room requests were honored, and we checked in the Sunday after T'giving and our rooms were ready at 8:30 am!!! Can you believe that? We were shocked, but happy. I wish all of you with upcoming trips a wonderful stay. :goodvibes

Hi everyone, just returned earlier this week from our trip (11/29 to 12/6) and thought I'd share my experience. The Polynesian was BEAUTIFUL - my real regret is that we didn't spend as much time at the resort as I would have liked. In hindsight, I would have planned a day strictly for the resort. The transportation was so convenient as well - I don't know what I'll do if we can't stay in the Poly next time - I shouldn't have started out here for our first trip. :lmao:

Ohana was DIVINE!! My mom and her DH actually waited 2 1/2 hours in the bar later in the week to get back in - they enjoyed it that much! Kona Cafe was delicious as well. We didn't eat at Capt. Cooks very much b/c my daughter has a tree nut allergy, and I like speaking with the chefs, which by the way, were super accomodating.

Our room was on 3rd floor, Tokelau with a view of the quiet pool, which was super nice. Mousekeeping did a very nice job during our entire stay. The only mishap was the evening DH and I were getting ready to go to La Nouba and the room safe would not open, and our car keys were in there. :eek: It was quite stressful at the time - the code was right, but it was saying Error 1. I called the front desk and housekeeping came. Fortunately, we were able to take my mom's car because we had to leave so my mom dealt with the issue. Otherwise, we would have been very late. They had to actually crack the safe and were very apologetic. They said this does happen on occasion, but they usually can get it open with a simpler tool. My advice - open your room safe in plenty of time before you need to be somewhere, just in case this happens to you.

Check-in was great. Our room requests were honored, and we checked in the Sunday after T'giving and our rooms were ready at 8:30 am!!! Can you believe that? We were shocked, but happy. I wish all of you with upcoming trips a wonderful stay. :goodvibes
Thanks for posting you're review.

ALOHA and enjoy the drive we are from Rhode Island and have stay at the Poly 4 times and at Disney 7 times and driven every time. We are booke for Dec. 2010 for 9 days at the Poly.

:wave2: Just a little shout out for RI!!! I grew up in RI. Only moved to PA 7 yrs ago. Really miss the beach. We always drove too but I'm glad for the 5 hours less we have now! With the cold snap right now I bet you cant wait to hit the road!;) Have a great trip.

:wave2: Just a little shout out for RI!!! I grew up in RI. Only moved to PA 7 yrs ago. Really miss the beach. We always drove too but I'm glad for the 5 hours less we have now! With the cold snap right now I bet you cant wait to hit the road!;) Have a great trip.

It's going to be a long year. We are so looking forward to going.

Just got back from the YC, had a wonderful trip. DS has mentioned he would like to go back to the Poly next trip Christmas season 2010. Do you get the Christmas feel at the poly?

Thanks, Belle

:santa::santa::santa:

Just got back from the YC, had a wonderful trip. DS has mentioned he would like to go back to the Poly next trip Christmas season 2010. Do you get the Christmas feel at the poly?

Thanks, Belle

:santa::santa::santa:

I love the Poly and did not stay there last Christmas but we did visit for dinner and fireworks. I was really not impressed with the decorations at the Poly. For as much as I love it, I probably wouldn't pick it for Christmas. We stayed at Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge that trip (both very nicely decorated) and also visited the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, and the Contemporary. I was also not impressed with the Contemporary Christmas decorations. The other deluxes were much more impressive. We never made it over to the Yacht Club lobby even though we were right next door - not sure how that happened!

There's very little I would consider "wrong" if it got me to the Poly.

And I just wanted to say -- funny -- I live only 25 miles or so from DC, near Annapolis - I just saw your location!

I live in the District near the National Zoo. Hi there neighbor!

Is there a sink outside the bathroon (like GF or AKL)? When was the last renovation Poly had?
Thank you...I'm trying to decide which resort to stay on our next trip. Going back and forth between Poly, BC/YC or CR.

Is there a sink outside the bathroon (like GF or AKL)? When was the last renovation Poly had?
Thank you...I'm trying to decide which resort to stay on our next trip. Going back and forth between Poly, BC/YC or CR.

It depends on which longhouse your are in. Each is different. We stayed in Tahiti and it has two sinks in bathroom. If you check out tikiman site he has specific layouts listed for each longhouse.:)

No, the sink or sinks, depending on your Longhouse are all located inside the bathroom.

The most recent complete room renovation was completed in late 2007.

Another questions, how is the room service at Poly
Thank you

I have been very pleased with it! It is a bit pricey though but some times it is nice to just some Tonga Toast delivered to your room :thumbsup2

Good luck in your decision!

No, the sink or sinks, depending on your Longhouse are all located inside the bathroom.

The most recent complete room renovation was completed in late 2007.

I have been very pleased with it! It is a bit pricey though but some times it is nice to just some Tonga Toast delivered to your room :thumbsup2

Good luck in your decision!

Ooooh Tonga toast...you would have to mention that. Now I'll be thinking of it all night. Lol :)

if walking from Poly to TTC...what is an estimate time?

From the end of Tahiti closest to GCH it was 2-3 minutes. Since Tahiti was about 4-5 min from GCH I would say TTC would be 8 min or so from locations on the Grand Floridian side of the Poly. We love Tahiti because it was very private and very close to TTC.

if walking from Poly to TTC...what is an estimate time?
The Tikimanpages has the amount of time it takes to reach the TTC (and GCH) from every longhouse on his site. Just click on the longhouse and it will display an overhead image with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter