ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

So excited for the new thread. Thank you Guitar Rob! :cheer2: We're 30 days away (ticker is off) from officially joining the Poly family and we cannot wait--woohoo. :dance3: I'm so thankful for all of the helpful posts, and equally thankful to know that when we return home, I'll be able to beat the blues by staying connected. :love:

As we prepare to pack, I was wondering if there are life vests near the pool areas? When we stayed at AKL two years ago, they had them. My DS still needs to use floaties, and it would be great not to have to pack. Thanks!

As we prepare to pack, I was wondering if there are life vests near the pool areas? When we stayed at AKL two years ago, they had them. My DS still needs to use floaties, and it would be great not to have to pack. Thanks!

They have vests that you can check out at the marina (right near the pool) and you can keep it for the duration of your stay. :thumbsup2 When you need to turn it in you can either bring it back to the marina or if they are closed leave it with someone at the front desk (or the concierge if staying CL) and they can return it for you.

Just have to register my happiness at finally being able to get a Poly reservation for my dates for an unexpected trip in September!!! I've switched resorts 5 times :upsidedow, and just now finally got my first choice! I'm going HOME! :goodvibes So sooooooo happy!!!

You could always get them from Mikala Canoe Club Marina, just have your key to the world card available:wizard:.

Just have to register my happiness at finally being able to get a Poly reservation for my dates for an unexpected trip in September!!! I've switched resorts 5 times :upsidedow, and just now finally got my first choice! I'm going HOME! :goodvibes So sooooooo happy!!!

Congrats on your upcoming stay at the POLY! Have a wonderful stay..:thumbsup2

I think Lapu Lapu's are to strong for me, but I will try again just for the you :hug: :woohoo: and I will have no problem drinking a few Pina Colava's!!:upsidedow:cheer2:

Great, then have a pina colava or two for me! My fav - yummy! :thumbsup2
And have a fantastic trip! :wizard:

Thanks! You just saved us more room in the suitcase to bring back some "pixie dust!"

They have vests that you can check out at the marina (right near the pool) and you can keep it for the duration of your stay. :thumbsup2 When you need to turn it in you can either bring it back to the marina or if they are closed leave it with someone at the front desk (or the concierge if staying CL) and they can return it for you.

Thanks! :woohoo: More room to bring home "pixie dust!"

Hi - I am subscribing to this thread as I hope to make my dream of staying at the Poly for my birthday next year. It is a big one that shall not be named. I am trying to calculate the cost and was looking for what the discount was for this year.

My bday is near the end of May and if I did the search correctly the discount was 25% off. Can someone let me know if this is right or what other discounts might have been out at the time?

Thanks!!

Hi - I am subscribing to this thread as I hope to make my dream of staying at the Poly for my birthday next year. It is a big one that shall not be named. I am trying to calculate the cost and was looking for what the discount was for this year.

My bday is near the end of May and if I did the search correctly the discount was 25% off. Can someone let me know if this is right or what other discounts might have been out at the time?

Thanks!!
Typically that time of year is 30%ish but this year they have kept the discount at the Poly a little lower than other Deluxes. Here's the historical chart of discounts (by type) and it shows you what was offered this year (%'s by date) so you can compare (look at the bottom of the page).
http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codechart
It looks like you go frequent enough to possibly consider getting an AP. While room discounts don't become available until a month or 2 before your travel time the AP rates on the Poly have been better than the GP rates. Then you could book a decent GP rate once those come out and convert to the AP rate once discounts are released. The AP discount has typically been between 32% & 42% off rack.

I just booked a Poly club level room, through AAA, for July 2012 !!! I am sooooo excited !!! We stayed at the Poly 4 years ago and loved it !!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

I just booked a Poly club level room, through AAA, for July 2012 !!! I am sooooo excited !!! We stayed at the Poly 4 years ago and loved it !!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Awesome! We're looking at either mid-June or early August. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of discount is AAA offering - 10%?

Wow! I really needed the Polynesian fix :cool2: and I certainly came to the right place.Your pictures are spectacular and makes me want to go back sooner than next March to bad I can't:woohoo:. At least I have your thread here to help make it thru the summer!:beach:

A HUUUUUUUUGE thanks to you Rob!!! This was just what I needed!! Little more than a month to go, and really wanting the time to go by more quickly! The pictures are fabulous, as always!! For those not having stayed before, I don't think they could want for a better website to inform them!

On a different note, anyone with young dd's (around 6, 7, 8, 9 10) arriving around the 24th?? My dd8 is an only child (had her late in life), and I am sure she would just LOVE to have another Disney Princess to play with in the volcano pool! We plan to spend more time at the resort this trip, especially since we will be there in August, which we typically don't do. Maybe we can meet up in the pool!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter